UEFA Champions League 2014-15

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I never said that they won/drew those 5 matches due to luck, I just said that they had the luck and it's absolutely true. The problem is obviously in the tactics,or the lack of those to be precise. We play ATM like we play any other team and that's where the problem lies.

Yeah,he will probably promote Zidane which I'm not really happy about. I don't want a noob as our coach,he can try his luck at some minor club first. The problem is that there are no good available coachs atm.

Don't get me wrong, I like Carlo but I think you guys are overrating him. He's a great coach but he's so stubborn. He hates rotating which is really bad and he also makes terrible use of subs(same problem). He simply plays pretty much exactly the same lineup over and over again. He doesn't have the balls because he'll keep playing the same players over and over again even tho they are obviously not the best choice. Keylor Navas is the perfect example, he is better than Casillas. He also never dared to bench Bale even tho he was useless and invisible.

I'm not sure though whether benching Navas has really been his decision, if you know what I mean.

skn02

Sorry, but this sounds a tad like high horse bs.
But even if that would be an universal truth, which it is not, you'd still have the case that Bayern, when they DID face Barca in the span of those four years, were THE team to not have merely scraped past Barca by inches, like Mourinho's team used to, but outright obliterated them, meaning, combining two claims (beating Barca as sign of domination vs. 3 out of 4 finals played as sign of domination [which I originally didn't even make btw ;)]) proving that Bayern were in a way the dominant team of those 4 years of CL, if one really wants to engage in that sort of pissing contest.

2006 - Barca won CL - Barca beaten chelsea, benfica, Milan and arsenal to win it...A pretty difficult route considering English teams were one of the strongest back then (Bayern round of 16 exit, 2-5 agg)
2007-Liverpool beaten Barca on away goal advantage on 2-2 aggregate and liverpool went on to be the CL champ. --- (Bayern quarter exit, 2-4 agg)
2008-Manchester united beaten barca on 1-0 aggregate in the semi final and went on to win the CL. (Bayern didnt even qualify for CL this year)
2009-Barca was hailed as one of the best team in history by winning Sextuple....Won CL of course. (Bayern quarter exit- 1-5 agg, losing to Barca)
2010-Inter milan treble season(only one in Serie A) with the Infamous mourinho, and beaten barca in semi on aggregate of 3-2 and went on to be CL champ. (Bayern lost the final 0-2)
2011- Again, this Barca team was hailed as the greatest in history and won CL. (Bayern round of 16 exit)
2012- CHelsea beaten barca 3-2 on aggregate and went on being the CL champ. (Bayern lost the final again, had a very easy route to the final, Basel, Marsielle and beaten RM on pk shootout)
2013- Bayern munich treble season vs the weakest Barca side with an ailing Messi and declining xavi missing puyol, masche etc, got embarrassed and of course bayern won the CL. ( the most successful Bayern year vs the worst Barca year, you know the rest)
2014 - Atletico madrid beaten barca on 2-1 aggregate, and was only LITERALLY 1 MIN away from winning the CL.

Now, tell me if that was still some high horse BS???????????? HUH?? It's exactly 8 in a row and 1 min away from 9 in a row and running. Barca was the most dominant team in the last decade featuring the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc..and All of those years where Barca went missing was very very close loss, and only the 2013 was a big loss which was the worst barca year in recent history for some good reason which I stated above. Now, with Messi in his GOAT form, the addition of Suarez/Neymar(reliable scoring options which Barca lacked back then), Midfield work horse in rakitic and the resurgence of Pique leading the backline..not to mention the warrior Masche...it will take a lot to beat this Barca team... The last time Messi had a reliable scoring option other than himself like David Villa, Barca won it all. It was only when David Villa got injured and never himself anymore which started the total Messi dependency and teams can just crowd the hell outta messi and if you shut down Messi and you shut down Barca, it was that simple. Barca had to rely Messi to create + score back then. Bayern had it even easier, they only have to shut down a 50% ailing Messi. It's a whole different story now with this team in this current form, BRING ON BAYERN, we ain't scared of them, if anything its 50-50 and I fancy our chances against them... would really like a 2 leg ties so that better team will have better chance to win.

On a sidenote, Bayern are relatively untested this year, against top teams. Last time they faced a real team in RM, they got spanked 5-0. We shall see what happens this time..looks like they wont face one until semi or even final.

Last edited:

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
2006 - Barca won CL (Bayern round of 16 exit) - Barca beaten chelsea, benfica, Milan and arsenal to win it...A pretty difficult route considering English teams were one of the strongest back then
2007-Liverpool beaten Barca on away goal advantage on 2-2 aggregate and liverpool went on to be the CL champ.
2008-Manchester united beaten barca on 1-0 aggregate in the semi final and went on to win the CL.
2009-Barca was hailed as one of the best team in history by winning Sextuple....Won CL of course.
2010-Inter milan treble season(only one in Serie A) with the Infamous mourinho, and beaten barca in semi on aggregate of 3-2 and went on to be CL champ.
2011- Again, this Barca team was hailed as the greatest in history and won CL.
2012- CHelsea beaten barca 3-2 on aggregate and went on being the CL champ.
2013- Bayern munich treble season vs the weakest Barca side with an ailing Messi and declining xavi missing puyol, masche etc, got embarrassed and of course bayern won the CL.
2014 - Atletico madrid beaten barca on 2-1 aggregate, and was only LITERALLY 1 MIN away from winning the CL.

Now, tell me if that was still some high horse BS???????????? HUH?? Barca was the most dominant team in the last decade featuring the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc..and All of those years where Barca went missing was very very close loss, and only the 2013 was a big loss which was the worst barca year in recent history for some good reason which I stated above. Now, with Messi in his GOAT form, the addition of Suarez/Neymar(reliable scoring options which Barca lacked back then), Midfield work horse in rakitic and the resurgence of Pique leading the backline..not to mention the warrior Masche...it will take a lot to beat this Barca team... The last time Messi had a reliable scoring option other than himself like David Villa, Barca won it all. It was only when David Villa gone which started the total Messi dependency and teams can just crowd the hell outta messi and if you shut down Messi and you shut down Barca, it was that simple. Barca had to rely Messi to create + score back then. Bayern had it even easier, they only have to shut down a 50% ailing Messi. It's a whole different story now with this team in this current form, BRING ON BAYERN, we ain't scared of them, if anything its 50-50 and I fancy our chances against them... would really like a 2 leg ties so that better team will have better chance to win.

On a sidenote, Bayern are relatively untested this year, against top teams. Last time they faced a real team in RM, they got spanked 5-0. We shall see what happens this time..looks like they wont face one until semi or even final.

Actually AC milan beat liverpool in the final in 2007

R

Ryu Hayabusa

2006 - Barca won CL (Bayern round of 16 exit) - Barca beaten chelsea, benfica, Milan and arsenal to win it...A pretty difficult route considering English teams were one of the strongest back then
2007-Liverpool beaten Barca on away goal advantage on 2-2 aggregate and liverpool went on to be the CL champ.
2008-Manchester united beaten barca on 1-0 aggregate in the semi final and went on to win the CL.
2009-Barca was hailed as one of the best team in history by winning Sextuple....Won CL of course.
2010-Inter milan treble season(only one in Serie A) with the Infamous mourinho, and beaten barca in semi on aggregate of 3-2 and went on to be CL champ.
2011- Again, this Barca team was hailed as the greatest in history and won CL.
2012- CHelsea beaten barca 3-2 on aggregate and went on being the CL champ.
2013- Bayern munich treble season vs the weakest Barca side with an ailing Messi and declining xavi missing puyol, masche etc, got embarrassed and of course bayern won the CL.

Now, tell me if that was still some high horse BS???????????? HUH?? Barca was the most dominant team in the last decade featuring the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc..and All of those years where Barca went missing was very very close loss, and only the 2013 was a big loss which was the worst barca year in recent history for some good reason which I stated above. Now, with Messi in his GOAT form, the addition of Suarez/Neymar(reliable scoring options which Barca lacked back then), Midfield work horse in rakitic and the resurgence of Pique leading the backline..not to mention the warrior Masche...it will take a lot to beat this Barca team... The last time Messi had a reliable scoring option other than himself like David Villa, Barca won it all. It was only when David Villa gone which started the total Messi dependency and teams can just crowd the hell outta messi and if you shut down Messi and you shut down Barca, it was that simple. Barca had to rely Messi to create + score back then. Bayern had it even easier, they only have to shut down a 50% ailing Messi. It's a whole different story now with this team in this current form, BRING ON BAYERN, we ain't scared of them, if anything its 50-50 and I fancy our chances against them... would really like a 2 leg ties so that better team will have better chance to win.

The distorted and apologetic nature of your interpretation of these events really doesn't help your cause.
Also, I was talking about 4 years. You are talking about almost ten years.
Furthermore, I myself even said only a couple of pages back in this very thread that currently, Bayern - Barca is a match on level terms, meaning essentially a 50-50.

skn02

"Actually AC milan beat liverpool in the final in 2007"

You're right but you get my idea about how dominant was barca with a Healthy in form messi and reliable scoring options other than himself.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

you're right, my fault. but you get the idea how dominant was barca with healthy messi and with reliable scoring options other than himself.

Yes, Barca was a bit of in decline ever since Pep left and players appeared "satisfied", including Messi while also becoming more injury prone, possibly due to certain fitness concerns. But I guess that is a matter of debate for an entirely different thread or maybe... a different time (as in "one or two years ago"), I guess ;)

StarLord

The distorted and apologetic nature of your interpretation of these events really doesn't help your cause.
Also, I was talking about 4 years. You are talking about almost ten years.
Furthermore, I myself even said only a couple of pages back in this very thread that currently, Bayern - Barca is a match on level terms, meaning essentially a 50-50.

His point is that the team that beats Barca, is always a top-notch one, that usually goes on to win the tournament, or at least make the final! You cannot look past that.

Since 2005:

We lost to Jose's first and formidable Chelsea side 4-3 on aggregate, with some dodgy John Terry goal. In 2006, we lift the trophy, beating two mighty (then) EPL sides and the astonishing AC Milan of that period. 2007, Liverpool knock us out on away goals, after blunders by Valdez and Marquez. Liverpool make another final that season. 2008, with several players injured, the best United of all time beat us 1-0 with a Scholes wondergoal. 2009 we win in astonishing fashion. 2010, a bus ride to Milan ruins things for us, plus Jose's Inter was not a bad team at all, they go on to win the thing. 2011, again we win in astonishing fashion. 2012, the most unlucky semi-final ever for us. Should have annihilated Chelsea from the Stamford Bridge leg. We had to play 3 mega games in the space of six days! We had Chelsea-Real-Chelsea in six days. Real had Bayern-Barca-Bayern in eight days. I wonder who Chelsea and Bayern faced in between, and how many starting XI players took part in that. 2013, the only season we lost badly in Europe by the best Bayern ever. Still, some atrocious refereeing made the scoreline far worse than it should have been. Also, absence of key players for us (including Messi)
2014, another narrow defeat to Atletico who other than us, smashed AC Milan and Chelsea en route to the final and were literally 35 seconds away from lifting the trophy.

If you think that any team in Europe remotely matches our record both in Europe and domestically during the past decade, then you are wrong. Simple as.

Paganinisrvnge

What I want:
Barcelona-Porto
Real-Atletico
PSG-Bayern
Juventus-Monaco

What will happen:
Barcelona-PSG
Real-Monaco
Bayern-Atletico
Juventus-Porto

Very happy about the Madrid derby. I just had a feeling we'd get Psg again. We can't get away from them lately. Hopefully we'll face Juventus in the semis if we beat Psg.

FC B

Very happy about the Madrid derby. I just had a feeling we'd get Psg again. We can't get away from them lately. Hopefully we'll face Juventus in the semis if we beat Psg.

Yep. I have a good feeling about today's draw. PSG will be no surprise to Lucho and our players, ATM will rock the shit outta rm and that is enoguh for me for this stage of the competition :hooray:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
11083601_924380477620868_2489444383130166591_n.jpg

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
If we face Bayern i expected a Godly Messi to shred them to pieces. I think he's had it with the Germans. Would be a match fueled with vengeance.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

If we face Bayern i expected a Godly Messi to shred them to pieces. I think he's had it with the Germans. Would be a match fueled with vengeance.

Actually, outside of those losers Leverkusen, I don't recall a single match in which he was any good against a German side (more specifically, the German NT and Bayern).

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Barca 4 - Bayern 0 in 2009 ring a bell? Messi with a brace in that game?

Against a side which was playing to get rid of the "genius" Jügen Klinsmann. If you want to count that, okay. Then it's one good game against Bayern/NT ;)

Home of Barca Fans