UEFA Champions League 2014-15

Richard.H

Bayern are better than us. Simple as. From an objective viewpoint and a subjective.

Objectively better because: 1. They could field 2 full starting 11's. They have WC backup players for almost every position
2. Have been dominating their league and as shit as it is, it's still a good achievement.
Subjectively better because: 1. Pep is arguably the best coach in the world right now. The magic of having Pep is a huge plus to that team.

They are really good, but not unbeatable. RM last season took them to the cleaners. If we play them it would need to be a counter attacking style. They play possession football but nowhere near as direct as we do. This could work in our favor. I would prefer RM to go through and face Bayern again, since I believe they are the only team who can beat Bayern comfortably. I would in fact root for RM when they play against Bayern, because I know for a fact we can beat RM comfortably when on form and with motivation.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Bayern vs this Barcelona would be the one clash of titans for this season. It would be epic, any team could win but all i know is we can expect a Messi in super saiyan form if such a match were to occur. I just can't see knowing Messi's mentality him not running riot against them...

Jägermeister

I think we'd have better chances against Bayern when we only play 1 game. In one game anything can happen, even weak teams sometimes beat the big favourites. Barca and Bayern are probably pretty equal atm, but if we would play two games I would be worried, since Bayern would play like no other team against us and who knows how our defense could handle it two times.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
they are my favourites for the CL because of their depth and easy schedule will mean they are fresher towards the end. I'd say we are the next best team ATM and also quite fit. I can't see another team winning the cl, even Real Madrid. Juventus are a dark horse but they have less quality.

We are well capable of beating them though. No doubts about that.

G

Gasgas

Thanks, I completely forgot and wasn't aware at all.

Now you know :dance:

they are my favourites for the CL because of their depth and easy schedule will mean they are fresher towards the end. I'd say we are the next best team ATM and also quite fit. I can't see another team winning the cl, even Real Madrid. Juventus are a dark horse but they have less quality.

We are well capable of beating them though. No doubts about that.
Their depth didnt matter last season when they struggled to beat Moyes' Man Utd or when they got slaughtered by EE

Sunny Mir

Ryu Hayabusa said:
[quote name="Hamzah" post=1423746] Juventus are a dark horse but they have less quality.

Even less so since Pogba will be out for around 2 months.[/quote]
and pirlo is out too.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Now you know :dance:

Their depth didnt matter last season when they struggled to beat Moyes' Man Utd or when they got slaughtered by EE

"Struggled against Moyes' ManUtd" is quite a bit of an oversimplification.

What is EE?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Well they lost intensity towards the end of last season and that's down to pep. If he has learned from his mistakes they are a major threat.

When I have seen them lately (shakhtar first leg for example) they were slow and lethargic and well below their potential. Pep needs to corrct that for them or they will suffer the same fate as last year when they finally play a top side.

Home of Barca Fans