UEFA Champions League 2014-15

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to discourage you from participating. Truly was wondering what made you pick Barcaforum, since it seems that the sole reason why you are here is to defend Bayern and nothing else.

You probably can't even stand the Real Madrid forum, right? ;)

I used to read a few threads here before registering and noticed that several posters are well above the usual troll level that can be found on other forums or crap websites like g04l.com
After a while I decided to join the fray and enjoyed most conversations I had on these boards. btw, I have posted several times, well, okay, maybe only "occasionally" :p in threads where the ongoing discussion had nothing to do with Bayern. It's a good place to get some insight into rising players outside of the Bundesliga and also about what's happening at Barca.

I have no interest in joining the Shitdrid forum as I despise that club with a passion.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I used to read a few threads here before registering and noticed that several posters are well above the usual troll level that can be found on other forums or crap websites like g04l.com
After a while I decided to join the fray and enjoyed most conversations I had on these boards. btw, I have posted several times, well, okay, maybe only "occasionally" :p in threads where the ongoing discussion had nothing to do with Bayern. It's a good place to get some insight into rising players outside of the Bundesliga and also about what's happening at Barca.

I have no interest in joining the Shitdrid forum as I despise that club with a passion.

Alles gute!

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Why? I'm fairly certain my birthday was only a month ago :p Or are you wishing me farewell? ;)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why? I'm fairly certain my birthday was only a month ago :p Or are you wishing me farewell? ;)

I was thinking about the German equivalent of "All good (as in "understood", "we are on the same page") so immediately thought of "Alles Gute", I thought it meant "all the best"?

StarLord

So OK, let's not obsess over particulars.

How good do you think Bayern are, in relation to Barca/Real, if let's say the Clasico duo are worth 100 points each. What would the appropriate evaluation of Bayern then be?

vinni

So OK, let's not obsess over particulars.

How good do you think Bayern are, in relation to Barca/Real, if let's say the Clasico duo are worth 100 points each. What would the appropriate evaluation of Bayern then be?

Im also intrested in hearing about how bayern are playing these days. I only seen them in CL this season so i really dont have a clue.

skn02

Actually, outside of those losers Leverkusen, I don't recall a single match in which he was any good against a German side (more specifically, the German NT and Bayern).

When has Messi properly faced Bayern outside of that 2013 when he was only 50% ailing with a messed up barca side and best Bayern side in their history???? Messi today can absolutely annihilate any teams he faces if he turns it on(including bayern)...obviously with the help of the presence of suarez/neymar.

That world cup final was not even fair, Argentina was a tired team and Germany was super fresh with an extra day of rest.

Last edited:

StarLord

Actually, outside of those losers Leverkusen, I don't recall a single match in which he was any good against a German side (more specifically, the German NT and Bayern).

Wait what?

Messi annihilated every German side we ever faced including Bayern, except that freak semifinal of 2013.

Moreover, this hype over German football is getting tedious. La Liga has been far and away the top league in the past 6-7 years, and Spain NT has achieved far more than the German equivalent. German football needs far more than a World Cup and a CL to even compare with Spanish achievements.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Ugh... quoting all of you would require too much of an effort, sry. :D So I will try a different structure.

1) Thanks. Although I've been around for a while now ^^

2) "All good" would be "Alles in Ordnung", or more colloquial "Alles okay" or even "Passt schon." ;)

3) Current Bayern... still feel a lot like Jekyll and Hyde tbh. Up until the end of the winter-break, everything seemed perfect and everybody was at juggernaut level. I'm not quite sure what happened during the winter-break, but once back at playing, they suffered that horrible defeat at the hands of WoB, which seemed to remind more than just a few pundits of the break-down against RM last season.
Also, this was the first time Pep fielded Alonso and Schweinsteiger together in midfield. Ever since that match, Bayern were in search for their rythm and form seen in the first half of the season. Pressing seemed a little less intense, the offence lacked dynamic and also Götze, Lewa and especially Alonso and Dante seemed completely out of form.
Up until now, Bayern are slowly getting back to juggernaut form although there are still a lot of questions. For instance, Bayern did not have a single good match when Schwein and Alonso were both on the pitch, and believe me, it's not like Pep didn't try... Lewa is slowly getting back to were people believe he can be, ability-wise, but it's still a long shot to his best Dortmund days.
However, other problems seem to emerge now that Alaba is back, Lahm is about to return in a few days, and even Thiago and Martinez are apparently on track back to fitness and full health. Meaning, Pep will have possible quarrels in the locker room to deal with as only a few of all those rather talented players can be played at the same time.
Dante is essentially done, Lahm expressed an unwilligness to play as RB (apparently Pep managed to successfully brain-washed him by now). Everybody is waiting for Thiago's return as he is without a doubt the most dynamic and creative player Bayern have in CM.
As I said before, atm, I believe Bayern-Barca is really a level match, while I think Bayern could edge Real in its current form.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Wait what?

Messi annihilated every German side we ever faced including Bayern, except that freak semifinal of 2013.

Please provide examples other than that 4-0 against Klinsmann.

Moreover, this hype over German football is getting tedious. La Liga has been far and away the top league in the past 6-7 years, and Spain NT has achieved far more than the German equivalent. German football needs far more than a World Cup and a CL to even compare with Spanish achievements.

Again, what does this have to do with anything? ;) I thought you were talking about Messi vs. Bayern/German NT.

Last edited:

skn02

Ryu, do you frequent other football forums as well to defend Bayern, just wondering?

How about Real Madrid forum?

He's obviously a Bayern fan, isnt that clear already???? Keep on defending but Bayern are overrated and I fancy our chances against them.

Home of Barca Fans