UEFA Champions League 2014-15

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Pep already thanked the players for an "incredible season" and for "taking the trip to Porto". Pep obviously doesn't believe in them turning this around. This is over.

StarLord

Pep already thanked the players for an "incredible season" and for "taking the trip to Porto". Pep obviously doesn't believe in them turning this around. This is over.

Really? Do you have a link with such statements from Pep?

In my opinion you should chill out. Bayern are still favorites to go through to the semifinals. Sandro and Danilo missing the return leg will tell. Also with Ribery and maybe Bastian returning and the Allianz effect, things will be very different.

Also keep in mind that Porto have to win a game on Saturday, while Bayern can rest all the starting XI for all they care.

Deco10

Fantastic performance from Porto yesterday :rockon:
Everyone played well, our defence was very solid and bayern had very few chances to score. But I have to emphasize the performance of our fantastic four in the front (jackson, brahimi, quaresma and oliver).
Fantastic game from quaresma, two goals and always finding new ways to create danger. Jackson is one of the best strikers in the world and yesterday he proved it again. His goal was pure class, great control and dribbling neuer like he was a regular keeper, and not the best gk in the world. He is very strong physically and technically and Bayern defense was unable to stop him.
Oliver is going to be one of the best midfielders in the world, and I really advise barca's board to try and sign him. He is everything a top midfielder needs to be and would fit perfectly in barca. Technically and tactically perfect , he is very mature and his decision making is really great, he always chooses the best option . He is also competent when it comes to defending.

I think that we have good chances to go through, but its going to be a very hard task. Bayern is one of the best teams in the world and is perfectly capable of making a comeback. Danilo and Alex Sandro won't be able to play and that is a huge blow for our team, but I believe that its possible :)

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Oliver is going to be one of the best midfielders in the world, and I really advise barca's board to try and sign him. He is everything a top midfielder needs to be and would fit perfectly in barca. Technically and tactically perfect , he is very mature and his decision making is really great, he always chooses the best option . He is also competent when it comes to defending.

I keep hearing good things about him, but he belongs to Atletico, so I don't know if they want to sell us if he is in fact that good.

StarLord

Fantastic performance from Porto yesterday :rockon:
Everyone played well, our defence was very solid and bayern had very few chances to score. But I have to emphasize the performance of our fantastic four in the front (jackson, brahimi, quaresma and oliver).
Fantastic game from quaresma, two goals and always finding new ways to create danger. Jackson is one of the best strikers in the world and yesterday he proved it again. His goal was pure class, great control and dribbling neuer like he was a regular keeper, and not the best gk in the world. He is very strong physically and technically and Bayern defense was unable to stop him.

I think that we have good chances to go through, but its going to be a very hard task. Bayern is one of the best teams in the world and is perfectly capable of making a comeback. Danilo and Alex Sandro won't be able to play and that is a huge blow for our team, but I believe that its possible :)

Both Danilo and Sandro foolishly managed to get booked. Having just watched the entire game, I would say that Bayern were fantastically inept and sluggish throughout the match. Only Thiago and Bernat were any good. Gotze, Mueller, Alonso, Boateng, Dante, Lewandowski were all atrocious. All three Porto goals came after catastrophic defensive blunders from Bayern players.

If Bayern were facing us or Real Madrid last night, they would have been thoroughly thrashed.

O don't want to be dismissive of Porto, but I don't think they are that good. Quaresma, Herrera et al are not anywhere near world-class level. It was just a case of Bayern being comprehensively abysmal.

Deco10

Both Danilo and Sandro foolishly managed to get booked. Having just watched the entire game, I would say that Bayern were fantastically inept and sluggish throughout the match. Only Thiago and Bernat were any good. Gotze, Mueller, Alonso, Boateng, Dante, Lewandowski were all atrocious. All three Porto goals came after catastrophic defensive blunders from Bayern players.

If Bayern were facing us or Real Madrid last night, they would have been thoroughly thrashed.

O don't want to be dismissive of Porto, but I don't think they are that good. Quaresma, Herrera et al are not anywhere near world-class level. It was just a case of Bayern being comprehensively abysmal.

It's obvious that if Bayern play to their potential we will be defeated and they will go through, but they are one of the best teams in the world and we are just a good team. And i'm not saying we are that good, I just said that we played well. Aand if Bayern was not able to play by their standards , it's because of numerous factors ( their own fault, lack of solutions due to injuries etc) , but we also played a part in their bad game. We were able to press Bayern and he didn't just park the Bus. And in our first two goals, their blunders were cause by our players because we were able to press them succesfully. In the first 20 minutes Bayern were not able to attack properly.
Hey, we may even get trashed in the second leg, it's possible. But in this game we were very competent.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

It's obvious that if Bayern play to their potential we will be defeated and they will go through, but they are one of the best teams in the world and we are just a good team. And i'm not saying we are that good, I just said that we played well. Aand if Bayern was not able to play by their standards , it's because of numerous factors ( their own fault, lack of solutions due to injuries etc) , but we also played a part in their bad game. We were able to press Bayern and he didn't just park the Bus. And in our first two goals, their blunders were cause by our players because we were able to press them succesfully. In the first 20 minutes Bayern were not able to attack properly.
Hey, we may even get trashed in the second leg, it's possible. But in this game we were very competent.

I'm still very pessimistic. I actually would be surprised to see them turning it around. Just too many injuries... as long as someone like Dante has to play in the CL for us in such a high line, it will just not work. Also Rafinha as RB is just not good enough at that level.

StarLord

Yes, I agree that the pressure put by Porto on Bayern was quite good and contributed to their mistakes. So let's just say that the result was a combination of a poor Bayern performance and a good Porto performance. This is just how football works. It could have been even worse for Bayern mind you, if the Spanish ref followed (the admittedly harsh) the rules and sent Neuer off, or if that Boateng misskick was not miraculously saved by the Bayern GK.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's fantastic that 4 former Barca players are managers of both quarter final pairs yesterday.

Home of Barca Fans