UEFA Champions League 2014-15

Morten

With Bayern stumbling around like they do and Dortmund not being what they were, i have to say the top level from the top teams in Europe is quite lacking this season. Other than Barca, Real and somewhat Atletico, im not at all scared for the rest. But of course, anything can happen so i wouldnt take it for granted. I struggle to find true top teams outside of Spain this season, really.

DennyCrane

I'm still very pessimistic. I actually would be surprised to see them turning it around. Just too many injuries... as long as someone like Dante has to play in the CL for us in such a high line, it will just not work. Also Rafinha as RB is just not good enough at that level.

What's the status on Rib, Rob and Alaba; when will they be back presumably ?

Those three would have been key in countering Porto's heavy and very flexible pressing with quick attacks. Gonna be interesting to see whether Porto will keep the approach in the return leg or if they are going to cave in and pray.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
UEFA's CL XI of the Round

Mind you this is a team picked by their "experts". Ramos in there :rofl1:

CCuYAwsWMAAOlYv.jpg:large

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I thought Ramos had a nice game vs Atletico, his sneaky dirty elbow aside. In fact, both RM CBs had very good games. If I had to choose an 11:

[formation=blue,7]
Oblak
Danilo-0-Varane-0-Ramos-0-Sandro
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-Casemiro-0-Vidal-0-James
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-Quaresma-0-Suarez-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
^ He nearly gifted Atletico two goals with stupid passes.

He also had 7 tackles and killed a lot of attacks. He's a dumbass, that's who he is, but I thought he was very solid. I wouldn't mind replacing him for Godin in the 11, but I do think he's a good choice.

Morten

He also had 7 tackles and killed a lot of attacks. He's a dumbass, that's who he is, but I thought he was very solid. I wouldn't mind replacing him for Godin in the 11, but I do think he's a good choice.

Ramos was good overall, but Varane was better. But Ramos always gets most of the glory.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Vidal was awful aswell, maybe he got the man of the match for scoring a penalty in there eyes

lol

I think it was because there weren't really any midfield standouts in the 4 matchups and Vidal recovered a ton of balls. Penalty probably helped too, true.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

What's the status on Rib, Rob and Alaba; when will they be back presumably ?

Those three would have been key in countering Porto's heavy and very flexible pressing with quick attacks. Gonna be interesting to see whether Porto will keep the approach in the return leg or if they are going to cave in and pray.

Only Ribery will be available for the 2nd leg. And probably not for more than 45 minutes.

Home of Barca Fans