UEFA Champions League 2014-15

R

Ryu Hayabusa

They certainly couldn't handle being pressed so hard yesterday. Gave the ball away on numerous occasions.

That's what I've been telling you guys for weeks now, since it was so ridiculously apparent over the course of the two legs we had against them in 2013.
Press them hard, especially Pirlo, and they will falter easily. They are not a team that can cope well with that kind of physically intense pressure.

Last edited:

Morten

The cl-final is so late? Wow, if we make it there by some miracle, our squad would pretty much be injury free, if our current situation remains.

BBZ8800

You think that a team just chooses if they are "to try" and score goals? DO you think that Atletico last night did not want to "try and score" goals? This is not how football works. Every game is different, and last night Real Madrid were a lot more concentrated and well prepared than they were in Copa or Liga games. CL knockout games are an altogether different animal, and Atletico were facing an opponent with far more intensity to the one who they nonchalantly smashed in the league. Real Madrid were on top throughout the game, but Atletico were holding them off. Only once Turan was sent-off did the pendulum really swung in Real's favor.

You are right there.
How a team will play is influenced by two things:
1. skills of your players (tactics+skills from your players)
2. plus how much will the opponent allow you to play (tactics+skills from the opponent's team)

I agree that it is not as if Atletico didn't want to attack.
Real didn't allow them to create anything.

The same analogy would be like saying that Getafe intentionally doesn't want to score 5 Goals against Barca.
Well, it is not like that they DON'T want to.
They just can't create anything against us because we are much stronger.

Last edited:

Vialli_92

We had Vidal, Tevez and Morata all sick last night. Pirlo was just back from injury so the coach decided to park the bus as the teams physical condition was very poor.

He said in the interview the next game in the CL will not be like the Monaco game.

Sure we are not the best team but don't underestimate us as we have a solid team from back to front.

Sterlingfan2000

We had Vidal, Tevez and Morata all sick last night. Pirlo was just back from injury so the coach decided to park the bus as the teams physical condition was very poor.

He said in the interview the next game in the CL will not be like the Monaco game.

Sure we are not the best team but don't underestimate us as we have a solid team from back to front.
Thats an terrible excuse, but I agree u have a very good team especially with pogba and morroata and tevez.

Vialli_92

Thats an terrible excuse, but I agree u have a very good team especially with pogba and morroata and tevez.

It's not really an excuse, after Morata got subbed off he was getting sick. Tevez was suffering from something similar in the week and Vidal had tonsillitis.

This was Pirlo's 2nd match since his injury return.

we will see how we play in the next round but we shouldn't be so poor in the semi-final it should definitely be an improved Juve who ever we meet.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You are right there.
How a team will play is influenced by two things:
1. skills of your players (tactics+skills from your players)
2. plus how much will the opponent allow you to play (tactics+skills from the opponent's team)

I agree that it is not as if Atletico didn't want to attack.
Real didn't allow them to create anything.

The same analogy would be like saying that Getafe intentionally doesn't want to score 5 Goals against Barca.
Well, it is not like that they DON'T want to.
They just can't create anything against us because we are much stronger.

:D

As if Real magically developed an out-of-this-world pressing that didn't allow Atletico a single threatening shot in 180 minutes, while lesser teams managed to fool Real time and time again (as in actually scoring several goals and making Real's defenders look fairly stupid). Seriously, are you guys kidding me now??
Ofc it was mainly due to Simeone's ridiculous gameplan.

Morten

:D

As if Real magically developed an out-of-this-world pressing that didn't allow Atletico a single threatening shot in 180 minutes, while lesser teams managed to fool Real time and time again (as in actually scoring several goals and making Real's defenders look fairly stupid). Seriously, are you guys kidding me now??
Ofc it was mainly due to Simeone's ridiculous gameplan.

You could clearly see it, when they had the opportunity to take counters they just slowed it down. Anyway, our pressing was very good for the most part.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You could clearly see it, when they had the opportunity to take counters they just slowed it down. Anyway, our pressing was very good for the most part.

Exactly. It was mainly Simeone's shitty gameplan of 100% defence and nothing else.
And I actually agree that Real managed to develop a pressing style under Ancelotti that has to be taken seriously by any team, yet it is still far from "out-of-this-world" magic.

DrPepper

They slowed it down because Real were unusually good and quick at getting back to their defensive shape. Against Schalke they were exposed time and time again because they didn't really bother.

Also tbf Atletico lack pace upront. They were much more dangerous on the counter last season with Costa instead of Mandzukic. This season all they try in open play is quick combinations on the flanks to put a cross in or get corners, which Real easily prevented.

So ofc they wanted to score, but couldn't because Real were too stable defensively. They didn't play for a 0-0 to win on penalties :lol:

G

Gasgas

They slowed it down because Real were unusually good and quick at getting back to their defensive shape. Against Schalke they were exposed time and time again because they didn't really bother.

Also tbf Atletico lack pace upront. They were much more dangerous on the counter last season with Costa instead of Mandzukic. This season all they try in open play is quick combinations on the flanks to put a cross in or get corners, which Real easily prevented.

So ofc they wanted to score, but couldn't because Real were too stable defensively. They didn't play for a 0-0 to win on penalties :lol:

This is exactly what i saw

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Apparently, against Dortmund or Juventus Real also didn't bother last season. Against Atletico this season in Cup and La Liga too.

G

Gasgas

Juventus? I remember us beating them without too much problems, we were in poor form at that time.

As far as i remember they dominated ou in the first game and even in the second game after chiellini red card they were the better team still

ejuventus

It's not really an excuse, after Morata got subbed off he was getting sick. Tevez was suffering from something similar in the week and Vidal had tonsillitis.

This was Pirlo's 2nd match since his injury return.

we will see how we play in the next round but we shouldn't be so poor in the semi-final it should definitely be an improved Juve who ever we meet.

it's a poor excuse, indeed
we have a poor team for such level even if you put all at their best form

Home of Barca Fans