UEFA Champions League 2014-15

Barcadub

Why is it so late ? Wasn't it like 24/26.5. last year?

Was early because of the World Cup, just like the Copa del rey final was in April last year. May 30th this year.

We could have 3 finals in 3 weeks. La Liga finale v Deportivo, Copa v Bilbao the following week and then champions league final the following week.

khaled_a_d

Was early because of the World Cup, just like the Copa del rey final was in April last year. May 30th this year.

We could have 3 finals in 3 weeks. La Liga finale v Deportivo, Copa v Bilbao the following week and then champions league final the following week.

Has it ever been played in June?

Barcadub

If Monaco still had James or an inform Falcao they would have put Juve out.

Just lacked the bit of class needed to make or score goals.

Obviously if we played Juve it would be a different type of Juve. But still id be very confident. Away from home in the first leg would be great. Just like the previous two rounds.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I'm still so angry at Simeone and his pathetic gameplan. Even Chelsea and Inter coached by Mourinho were not that pathetic in their gameplan as they actually tried to somehow score a goal.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Obviously if we played Juve it would be a different type of Juve.

No matter against which of the remaining three teams, Juve will be exposed. They are far from being a really good, let alone great team.

StarLord

I'm still so angry at Simeone and his pathetic gameplan. Even Chelsea and Inter coached by Mourinho were not that pathetic in their gameplan as they actually tried to somehow score a goal.

Simeone's Atletico is a far-far poorer team than MOurinho's Inter let alone Mourinho's Chelsea.

You can't really blame a poor man for for trying to compensate through negative tactics.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Simeone's Atletico is a far-far poorer team than MOurinho's Inter let alone Mourinho's Chelsea.

You can't really blame a poor man for for trying to compensate through negative tactics.

Yes, I can. Somehow it still worked for them the last couple of matches against Shitdrid in La Liga and Cup where they actually tried to score a few goals.

StarLord

Juve has 5 clean sheets in 7 games, they could absolutely pose a threat with their defence, their midfield is quite good on paper as well.

Juventus in the CL this season:

Juventus - Malmoe 2-0

Atletico - Juventus 1-0

Olympiacos - Juventus 1-0

Juventus - Olympiacos 3-2

Malmoe - Juventus 0-2

JUventus - Atletico 0-0 (A result that favored Atletico, since it gave them top spot in the group)

Last 16:

Juventus - Dortmund 2-1

Dortmund - Juventus 0-3

Quarter-finals:

Juventus - Monaco 1-0 (penaldo)

Monaco - Juventus 0-0

So, I would say that their run is not very impressive if we are being honest. In fact, it is quite mediocre, outside of a good away victory at Dortmund (if that carries any currency these days)

The best team they have faced in this season's Champions League, was Atletico and they came out 2nd best in that confrontation.

They may have 6 clean sheets in ten games, but one of them was useless for the team (vs. Atletico) two of them were against the mighty Malmo FF, another two versus the giants of AS Monaco, while they conceded in both games vs Olympiacos.

Juventus are clearly the weakest of the four sides. Anyone that draws them will be lucky. The only thing they have going for them is that their league has been wrapped up before it ever begun (Bundesliga-style)

StarLord

Yes, I can. Somehow it still worked for them the last couple of matches against Shitdrid in La Liga and Cup where they actually tried to score a few goals.

You think that a team just chooses if they are "to try" and score goals? DO you think that Atletico last night did not want to "try and score" goals? This is not how football works. Every game is different, and last night Real Madrid were a lot more concentrated and well prepared than they were in Copa or Liga games. CL knockout games are an altogether different animal, and Atletico were facing an opponent with far more intensity to the one who they nonchalantly smashed in the league. Real Madrid were on top throughout the game, but Atletico were holding them off. Only once Turan was sent-off did the pendulum really swung in Real's favor.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You think that a team just chooses if they are "to try" and score goals? DO you think that Atletico last night did not want to "try and score" goals? This is not how football works.

I'm sorry, but this reply is so dumb, it just boggles my mind. I don't even know how to properly respond to such a statement.

Okay, let me try anyways: Maybe Simeone should have asked Di Matteo before the matcha on the matter of how to score goals with even poorer players at one's disposal...

Last edited:

Barcadub

No matter against which of the remaining three teams, Juve will be exposed. They are far from being a really good, let alone great team.

They certainly couldn't handle being pressed so hard yesterday. Gave the ball away on numerous occasions.

But I feel their performance level will rise abit more when up against a powerhouse in the semis.

Home of Barca Fans