UEFA Champions League 2014-15

BBZ8800

No, in fact four of those games were in the 90s, not since 2000. In more recent seasons we have taken turns in owning each other once each. Still, previous games (as from in previous seasons) have little to no bearing on today. Every game is vastly different and things change quickly in football.

If Bayern were such overwhelming favorites against us as you and Ryu suggest then we would not be number one favorites according to those who put their money where their mouths are.

Again, no.

Your post implies that:
-- Barca was poor against Bayern and Germans till 2000s
-- and that since 2000' that change

My point is:
= that Barca ALWAYS trashed ALL German teams even before 2000, EXCEPT Bayern
-- and after 2000, we again TRASH easily all other German teams, EXCEPT Bayern

Bayern was always our "black cat".
We never had problems with other German teams.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

OK.

Can you please explain to me what relation do the current set-ups of Bayern and Barca have to their respective teams in the 90s? Please take as much time as you wish.

You ought to explain first how Messi trashing Leverkusen or Stuttgart several years ago has any relevance when comparing Messi's track-record against Bayern.

StarLord

Again, no.

Your post implies that:
-- Barca was poor against Bayern and Germans till 2000s
-- and that since 2000' that change

My point is:
= that Barca ALWAYS trashed ALL German teams even before 2000, EXCEPT Bayern
-- and after 2000, we again TRASH easily all other German teams, EXCEPT Bayern

Bayern was always our "black cat".
We never had problems with other German teams.

Actually we did. Go back to our European results from previous decades. We lost to German teams several times.

StarLord

You ought to explain first how Messi trashing Leverkusen or Stuttgart several years ago has any relevance when comparing Messi's track-record against Bayern.

It has none whatsoever. But that was in reply to the claim that Messi has problems when facing Germans etc etc etc...

BBZ8800

OK.

Can you please explain to me what relation do the current set-ups of Bayern and Barca have to their respective teams in the 90s? Please take as much time as you wish.

Fair answer.
But every time when someone will post a fact from the past, from 10-20 years ago, we should reply the same.

In Ney's thread, some posters said that Ney scored more Goals than any Messi's partner in the last 20 years.
The same question: what does it have to do with anything, according to your logic?

And again, when stats fit to our team and for hailing our players, we are using them.
When not, then they are just "a past" and football is not maths.

Why are we comparing Messi's goals to all other goals from all other players in the history, to determine that he is a Goat?
What does his goals today have with goals from 20 or 50 years ago?
If you get my point.

But I guess that people will have another explanation how that is a different thing.
Yes, because those stats fit them, lol.

BBZ8800

Actually we did. Go back to our European results from previous decades. We lost to German teams several times.

Seriously, this is a strawman into extremes.
I didn't say that we never lost to German teams EVER.

We lost sometimes.
But Bayern is more or less, historically the team again whom we had least success, against ALL opponents in the world.

Against other opponents, we were knocked out 1 time, and we knocked out them 3 times.
Bayern is the only team who knocked out us 3 times, and we knocked out him only 1.

Henry_IB

Banned
One fan said how Ney and Messi are probably eager to meet Bayern.

I think that Messi don't want to face Bayern that much.
Then I explained why.

Also, whenever some facts don't suit us, then those are facts from 20 years ago.

Are you trying to dispute the fact that the stats you brought up to show Bayern's dominance over us is mostly very old? Also you seem to confuse stats with facts. Stats like the ones you brought up are of zero relevance, whether they are positive or negative because a football team is not a static thing; It changes a lot on a yearly basis. There are a few stats in football that are relevant, but track records between teams is not one of them.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Are you trying to dispute the fact that the stats you brought up to show Bayern's dominance over us is mostly very old? Also you seem to confuse stats with facts. Stats like the ones you brought up are of zero relevance, whether they are positive or negative because a football team is not a static thing; It changes a lot on a yearly basis. There are a few stats in football that are relevant, but track records between teams is not one of them.

Track record can impact the players who know the history of the game, that 7-0 will haunt any future meeting between us two unless we get revenge.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

So what are you saying mate, that Bayern should be 1.10 favorites against Barcelona because of the results from 2013 and 1996?

I'm not saying this at all. I m merely aware that having this argument is completely pointless and that you have a certain way of "discussing" these kind of issues. ;)

Hamzah

High Definition Member
So what are you saying mate, that Bayern should be 1.10 favorites against Barcelona because of the results from 2013 and 1996?

Bayern and madrid have a european rivalry and they don't play that often. That because of the games they played in the past.

BBZ8800

Can you please then name a few stats which are relevant.

I am eager to hear them now.

Home of Barca Fans