UEFA Champions League 2014-15

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I still dont get why people Always refer to it as 7-0, its the only tie in history where its applied to that the games are counted up and thats the result people speak off.

Probably because of the sheer magnitute of those two legs. ;)

StarLord

I want to avenge the 7-0 defeat in the final.

There is no better way to do it.

Revenge is good and all, but this is real life, not a Quentin Tarantino movie. I stick with reason, and reason demands we get Juventus, who are definitely not mugs themselves but are definitely the weakest of the three possible opponents.

StarLord

In fact it is not.

You already made you point in that regard a while ago and it would still be as apologetic now as it was then.

What bearing does a game played in the 70s have on today?

Let me tell you: ZERO!

That is even crazier than claiming that Bayern should be shaking in their boots at the thought of having to face Real Madrid. For every 7-0, there is a 5-0 including a 0-4 hammering at the Allianz.

As for Messi and the Germans. Germany has a better national side to Argentina, end of. In terms of CL football, Messi and Barcelona have made mince meat of German teams time and again.

Since 2000, La Liga pawns the Bundesliga so overwhelmingly it's insulting to even attempt a comparison.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Revenge is good and all, but this is real life, not a Quentin Tarantino movie. I stick with reason, and reason demands we get Juventus, who are definitely not mugs themselves but are definitely the weakest of the three possible opponents.

I have to agree, if the league scenario was different, i'd definitely want Bayern, but right now, what works best for us in all competitions is drawing Juve, easier draw, and hard one for RM in between their toughest remaining La Liga games, a no brainer really.

BBZ8800

That is so wrong on so many levels.

What exactly?

Barca:Bayern EVER:
96: 2:2, 1:2
98: 0:1, 1:2
09: 4:0, 1:1
13: 0:4, 0:3

Messi in Argentina NT team vs Germany:
-- lost on WC in 2006, 2010 and 2014

I did post these stats several times before, but in the same manner like when I say something bad about Neymar or something, those stats are attacked with answers like:
= it doesn't mean anything
-- this is a different team
-- football is not maths

But, when we win 10 matches in a row against someone=then we are better than them
-- but when we are losing against someone more or less always=then those stats are crap and football is not stats, more or less

It doesn't mean that we will surely lose, but we historically don't play well against Bayern.
That's a FACT.

BBZ8800

As for Messi and the Germans. Germany has a better national side to Argentina, end of. In terms of CL football, Messi and Barcelona have made mince meat of German teams time and again.

Since 2000, La Liga pawns the Bundesliga so overwhelmingly it's insulting to even attempt a comparison.

I NEVER said anything about German teams in general.

Barca will TRASH any German team like Borussia, Bayer Lev, Schalke, Wofsburg etc.
But Barca almost always loses against Bayern.

Btw, those matches are not from 70s, but from 96 onwards.

More or less in the same era when "La liga pawns the Bundesliga" as you said.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

What exactly?

I did post these stats several times before, but in the same manner like when I say something bad about Neymar or something, those stats are attacked with answers like:
-- football is not maths

But, when we win 10 matches in a row against someone=then we are better than them
-- but when we are losing against someone more or less always=then those stats are crap and football is not stats, more or less

It doesn't mean that we will surely lose, but we historically don't play well against Bayern.
That's a FACT.

Don't even bother. He will not listen to what you have say, and instead hurl straw man arguments at you until you just had enough.

Last edited:

Henry_IB

Banned
What exactly?

-- football is not maths

That's a FACT.

Messi's track record against Germans while playing for the NT has zero relevance when talking about bayern, neither is the stats from almost 20 years ago. How you fail to see that is beyond me.

BBZ8800

Don't even bother. He will not listen to what you have say, and instead hurl straw man arguments at you until you just had enough.

I am a Barca fan, but some of Barca's fans are offended when you post stats how some teams are better than us in something.
We need to be the best an all areas, and whenever we are not the best in something, then stats doesn't mean too much and football is not stats.

When stats and goals from some players/teams suits us, then=stats are awesome.

StarLord

I NEVER said anything about German teams in general.

Barca will TRASH any German team like Borussia, Bayer Lev, Schalke, Wofsburg etc.
But Barca almost always loses against Bayern.

Btw, those matches are not from 70s, but from 96 onwards.

More or less in the same era when "La liga pawns the Bundesliga" as you said.

No, in fact four of those games were in the 90s, not since 2000. In more recent seasons we have taken turns in owning each other once each. Still, previous games (as from in previous seasons) have little to no bearing on today. Every game is vastly different and things change quickly in football.

If Bayern were such overwhelming favorites against us as you and Ryu suggest then we would not be number one favorites according to those who put their money where their mouths are.

BBZ8800

Messi's track record against Germans while playing for the NT has zero relevance when talking about bayern, neither is the stats from almost 20 years ago. How you fail to see that is beyond me.

One fan said how Ney and Messi are probably eager to meet Bayern.

I think that Messi don't want to face Bayern that much.
Then I explained why.

Also, whenever some facts don't suit us, then those are facts from 20 years ago.

StarLord

As for the Germany vs Argentina thing, that is beyond laughable. We are talking Barcelona (who are not Argentina) and Bayern (who are not Germany) here.

Ludicrous to allude to that as having some kind of bearing on the CL.

StarLord

One fan said how Ney and Messi are probably eager to meet Bayern.

I think that Messi don't want to face Bayern that much.
Then I explained why.

Also, whenever some facts don't suit us, then those are facts from 20 years ago.

OK.

Can you please explain to me what relation do the current set-ups of Bayern and Barca have to their respective teams in the 90s? Please take as much time as you wish.

Home of Barca Fans