UEFA Champions League 2014-15

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You're biased as fuck, it's not even funny. Do you even know what you are talking about?? Any shit teams in la liga can cause an upset, that alone will force barca to play games with high intensity because any slip up, madrid is right there to catch up to barca. By playing games with high intensity with a lot of regular players will risk an injury, physically exhausted and not be 100% on the next game in 2-3 days. On the other hand, Bayern already won the league and they play dortmund in midweek, so that's a FULL WEEK of rest prior to facing Barca, and dont even talk about bayer leverkusen i the weekend as Bayern already won the league, they wouldn't give a shit about the weekend game. They would probably just play all youngsters and even if some starters play the game, they will be instructed to not give it their all and just conserve energy, that alone is a HUGE HUGE HUGE advantage.

Wrong assumptions all over the place.

Anyways, I will keep you informed about the line-up against Leverkusen here. We'll see whether they field only youth players and rest the likes of Robben, Boateng, Neuer, Lahm, Lewa, Müller etc. or whether those players will actually be playing, although I already know the answer, I guess...

skn02

I don´t know.We look in great shape right now so keeping up the intensity in the league isn´t a bad thing for me.
It´s very late in the season so i don´t think that Juve and Bayern will have any great advantage in resting their tired Players.

Human body heals up and rejuvenate in a few days, don't tell me they wont have an advantage by having a week of rest as opposed to 2 or 3 days of rest. Fatigue is huge part of the game, if u cant run, you simply cant play. Go try to play a sports game and if u are tired and out of breath, there's nothing u can do no matter how good you are.

skn02

Wrong assumptions all over the place.

Anyways, I will keep you informed about the line-up against Leverkusen here. We'll see whether they field only youth players and rest the likes of Robben, Boateng, Neuer, Lahm, Lewa, Müller etc. or whether those players will actually be playing, although I already know the answer, I guess...

It doesnt matter if bayern field a full team, they will just be instructed to play like regular training and control the game by passing---Main goal for them is to stay injury free, stay fresh, and just get by the game without losing much energy, mission complete. That's huge as opposed to playing the game as if it's a must win game.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Human body heals up and rejuvenate in a few days, don't tell me they wont have an advantage by having a week of rest as opposed to 2 or 3 days of rest. Fatigue is huge part of the game, if u cant run, you simply cant play. Go try to play a sports game and if u are tired and out of breath, there's nothing u can do no matter how good you are.

Right, the human body just magically heals up in a few days, no matter which injuries were sustained :D :D
Also, you still wrongly assume that Bayern are in any position to rest the remaining starting eleven players, when they are not. And those coming back now (Robben, Benatia, Martinez), even for those there is something called match fitness. So in fact it would be beneficial to actually play instead of resting.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

It doesnt matter if bayern field a full team, they will just be instructed to play like regular training and control the game by passing-

You really don't know which way Leverkusen are playing, don't you? Also, as added bonus the match is also away ofc...

skn02

You really don't know which way Leverkusen are playing, don't you? Also, as added bonus the match is also away ofc...

So??? Do you realize Bayern won the league?? THey wouldn't care about the result of the game, what don't you get?? They would throw away the game if they had to.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

So??? Do you realize Bayern won the league?? THey wouldn't care about the result of the game, what don't you get?? They would throw away the game if they had to.

They will sure as hell not do that, as they did the same thing last season and the loss of momentum had devastating impact on their form and they suffered badly in the matches against Real. It wasn't just tactics which decided those two legs.

skn02

They will sure as hell not do that, as they did the same thing last season and the loss of momentum had devastating impact on their form and they suffered badly in the matches against Real. It wasn't just tactics which decided those two legs.

Right, dont give any excuses as momentum which caused bayern to lose last year to RM. RM was superior to Bayern, plain and simple. Let me give u an example, Barca prior to facing Manchester City played Malaga at home, and they weren't really taking the game as seriously as they should have, and thus lost the home game to malaga 1-0 just 2-3 days before facing manchester city.. And look how that loss affected BARCA form??? It DID NOTHING, as Barca demolished Manchester city in that game.

So your claim as losing the unimportant league game prior to an extremely important game will have any impact of that game, you're just dead wrong. Again, RM was far superior to Bayern last year, that was the reason you lost the game, dont put the blame on somewhere else, period. Also, no matter how you look at it, Bayern has a huge advantage with a shit league.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

It's is really annoying to discuss anything with you as you not only have the arrogance to presume what Bayern will do orhow every human body will react in general, but also what momentum or the loss of such will do to a team and players' mentality, contrary to evidence based in reality (the Barca example doesn't apply here as we don't know the prerequisites and circumstances, what we do know however is that those are hardly comparable to Bayern's situation last year and this year).

Last edited:

skn02

It's is really annoying to discuss anything with you as you not only have the arrogance to presume what Bayern will do orhow every human body will react in general, but also what momentum or the loss of such will do to a team and players' mentality, contrary to evidence based in reality (the Barca example doesn't apply here as we don't know the prerequisites and circumstances, what we do know however is that those are hardly comparable to Bayern's situation last year and this year).

You're just fooling yourself if you think a loss vs bayer leverkusen which bayern don't care will have any kind of impact on their game vs Barca. Like seriously, it's just common sense, and if anything, that Barca loss vs Malaga was far more impactful on Barca because that game vs Malaga was important points dropped, and even then it DID nothing to Barca form 3 days later vs Manchester city. So, really, stop digging up excuses for Bayern, and you have to accept that Bayern has an advantage that they play in a shit league.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

You're just fooling yourself if you think a loss vs bayer leverkusen which bayern don't care will have any kind of impact on their game vs Barca. Like seriously, it's just common sense, and if anything, that Barca loss vs Malaga was far more impactful on Barca because that game vs Malaga was important points dropped, and even then it DID nothing to Barca form 3 days later vs Manchester city. So, really, stop digging up excuses for Bayern, and you have to accept that Bayern has an advantage that they play in a shit league.

By your "infallible" logic Bayern would have smashed Real last season and guess what happened instead. We're done here.

NeyMesSis

By your "infallible" logic Bayern would have smashed Real last season and guess what happened instead. We're done here.

this is something very diffrent.. last year the league was won much earlier than this time.. they lost the momentum becaus they didnt have competitive games for a long time.. this time its only one game, they wont lose momentum because of a loss vs neverkusen.

skn02 is right this time.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I think Bayern are falling behind RM and Barca. RM & Barca are willing to spend a lot and Bayern isn't. Not to mention that Bayern doesn't really have many strong opponents to practice against in Bundesliga.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

this is something very diffrent.. last year the league was won much earlier than this time..

Three weeks versus 1 week... Not what I would see as "much" earlier, but one could probably make the case.

Home of Barca Fans