UEFA Champions League 2014-15

skn02

Three weeks versus 1 week... Not what I would see as "much" earlier, but one could probably make the case.

It's such a joke that you kept on digging up excuses for Bayern in case they lose. Oh By the way, Bayern won the "Bayernliga" on April 4th in 2013, a year where they won the treble and beating Barca in the process, and they had SIX GAMES to spare (a record they broke) in the league..meaning they wouldn't have any competitive games in the league for a long time before facing Barca that year, and look what happened and how being in a "waiting Mode" affected Bayern form that year, again..It did nothing. Players show up in BIG GAMES unless of course they have fitness issues...fatigued, injured or w/e, and it's just an utter joke that you think players need to play in successive of "competitve" games to stay in form prior to facing a big team is a big joke. Playing league football games alone is enough to keep players in fitness and ready to go. If anything, the fitness and players health, fatigue level plays a MUCH more important role. That's why having the luxury to go easy or rest prior to important games is such a big ADVANTAGE.

Yannik

that early title win isnt necessarily a boost. Sure it means Bayern can rest a couple of players, but they will also lack a decent test before the CL game. At Camp nou Bayern might become unused to the sudden importance of the match and the quality of the opponent, because the weeks before were easy and unimportant. The rotation of 2nd team players before the games also mean that a couple of inform players might slightly loose match practice and rhythm. And on top of that, potential defeats in the previous games can damage the confidence of the squad, even if it was just the 2nd team loosing (and Bayern is traditionally complacent and likely to loose the first games after winning a title).
There are as much negatives in this, as there are postives. The game at Camp Nou will show wether it proves to be an advantage or a disadvantage.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

It's such a joke that you kept on digging up excuses for Bayern in case they lose. Oh By the way, Bayern won the "Bayernliga" on April 4th in 2013, a year where they won the treble and beating Barca in the process, and they had SIX GAMES to spare (a record they broke) in the league..meaning they wouldn't have any competitive games in the league for a long time before facing Barca that year, and look what happened and how being in a "waiting Mode" affected Bayern form that year, again..It did nothing. Players show up in BIG GAMES unless of course they have fitness issues...fatigued, injured or w/e, and it's just an utter joke that you think players need to play in successive of "competitve" games to stay in form prior to facing a big team is a big joke. Playing league football games alone is enough to keep players in fitness and ready to go. If anything, the fitness and players health, fatigue level plays a MUCH more important role. That's why having the luxury to go easy or rest prior to important games is such a big ADVANTAGE.

You're still talking to me? Waste of breath as I won't even be reading any more of your postings here. Come to think of it, there was an ignore button, wasn't there? You will pop my cherry, so to speak. :)

skn02

2009 - CL Barca
2010 - WC Spain
2011 - CL Barca

2013 - CL Buyern
2014 - WC GER
2015 - ...

:(

Key difference for spain, barca, bayern and germany is that Spain/Barca have more players in the same team than Germany/Bayern. Pedro, david villa, iniesta, xavi, busquets, pique, puyol, alba etc... Barca back then was essentially Spain minus Messi.. Bayern on the other hand have a lot of non-german key players, guys like alaba, robben, ribery, mario manzukic/lewandowski, javier martinez, dante etc etc . So can't really draw the comparison like that although Bayern still have a lot of key players as with Germany, just not as many as spain/barca back then I suppose.

skn02

You're still talking to me? Waste of breath as I won't even be reading any more of your postings here. Come to think of it, there was an ignore button, wasn't there? You will pop my cherry, so to speak. :)

Go ahead, like I would care haha. Sick of you defending Bayern nonstop by making up excuses after excuses in a Barca forum.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Go ahead, like I would care haha. Sick of you defending Bayern nonstop by making up excuses after excuses in a Barca forum.

C'mon man. Just let it go. We should welcome fans of other teams on the forum. It adds diversity and new perspectives to discussion.

zanela

Key difference for spain, barca, bayern and germany is that Spain/Barca have more players in the same team than Germany/Bayern. Pedro, david villa, iniesta, xavi, busquets, pique, puyol, alba etc... Barca back then was essentially Spain minus Messi.. Bayern on the other hand have a lot of non-german key players, guys like alaba, robben, ribery, mario manzukic/lewandowski, javier martinez, dante etc etc . So can't really draw the comparison like that although Bayern still have a lot of key players as with Germany, just not as many as spain/barca back then I suppose.

Buyern constitutes GER's spine. Neuer, Boateng, Lahm, Bastian, Müller + Götze - all of whom featured in WC final. Well, yeh just not as many as Barca/Spain. Both Barca/Buyern also did the treble a year before the WC. May not mean much from a rational pov but such eerie patterns does add to my fears. The faint-heart in me has already been scarred by prev match-ups, more so after last summer. So won't be able to take anymore. I've a strong hunch Buyern will win this one, same as when ARG had to play GER. And that feeling just isn't going away. :lol: :(

nnao

I don't think you know what you're talking about with Bayern, so maybe you should stop. "Excuses". I'm sure you have about a thousand "excuses" for why Barca lost to Bayern in 2013.

alittlebitter

2010 - inter beats barca -> wins the CL
2012 - chelsea beats barca -> wins the CL
2013 - bayern beats barca -> wins the CL

OBVIOUSLY this means something

:busquets:

edit. wait nvm not atleti. I guess they didn't win because they only beat us in the quarter finals

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
that early title win isnt necessarily a boost. Sure it means Bayern can rest a couple of players, but they will also lack a decent test before the CL game. At Camp nou Bayern might become unused to the sudden importance of the match and the quality of the opponent, because the weeks before were easy and unimportant. The rotation of 2nd team players before the games also mean that a couple of inform players might slightly loose match practice and rhythm. And on top of that, potential defeats in the previous games can damage the confidence of the squad, even if it was just the 2nd team loosing (and Bayern is traditionally complacent and likely to loose the first games after winning a title).
There are as much negatives in this, as there are postives. The game at Camp Nou will show wether it proves to be an advantage or a disadvantage.

I'll be watching the BVB game, if by a miracle a loss was to occur there, might be a massive blow for momentum or at the opposite huge motivation to at least get the double with CL.

In any case, like you said, we really can't know until the game against Barça starts .. it can go in so many different ways for both teams that it's almost impossible to predict, though I like our chances.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As people were complaining about Bayern having no challenge left domestically which would give them the opportunity to rest players (who exactly btw? It's not like we have anybody on the bech really), I looked up your program before and inbetween the two legs: Getafe and Cordoba. Are you for real? :D :D
That is as easy as it gets.
Bayern in turn has a DFB Pokal clash with a very hungry Dortmund who can almost single-handedly salvage their entire season by winning said match, potentially even in extra time and penalties (more exhaustion), before eventually facing Leverkusen who are extremly physical as in run their socks off, which will need to be countered.

Obviously, Barca is far more in a position to rest players before and inbetween the two legs, compared to Bayern - and that doesn't even take into account injured players.

Ryu, BVB might be hungry, but you are playing at home and they haven't been that good at all, so I expect you to beat them rather easily, 2-0. No extra time needed.

Morten

Might sound disrespectful to Bayern, but im quite sure that Barca is a level above them atm. If Bayern wins i will be genuinely suprised. Even if Bayern might have the advantage of taking it easy in the league.

zanela

I'll be watching the BVB game, if by a miracle a loss was to occur there, might be a massive blow for momentum or at the opposite huge motivation to at least get the double with CL.

Thats the most likely outcome. For ex: In 2011, Barca lost to Madrid in the CDR final, yet beat them few days later, away in the CL semis. I think Buyern would be more motivated in such circumstances.

Home of Barca Fans