UEFA Champions League 2014-15

nnao

Ryu, BVB might be hungry, but you are playing at home and they haven't been that good at all, so I expect you to beat them rather easily, 2-0. No extra time needed.

I don't know. BVB seem to be difficult for Bayern in the recent years even when they are shit. In the hinrunde Bayern barely squeezed a win, even with Dortmund's abysmal form. In the ruckrunde their form is better. Just a few weeks ago it was a lucky 1-0. Dortmund were better on the day. I still think Bayern will win but it wont be a easy win by any stretch.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Thats the most likely outcome. For ex: In 2011, Barca lost to Madrid in the CDR final, yet beat them few days later, away in the CL semis. I think Buyern would be more motivated in such circumstances.

I remember those crazy 4 classico in a few days time, mind you, with Mou as a coach .. talk about "intense" !

footyfan

Calma, calma
There is no advantage, people looking for excuses as usual

C'mon dude, there is obviously an advantage to resting players. Barca had the league wrapped up by late April in 10/11 and rested Messi + the important players for close to 3 weeks for the CL final. Paid huge dividends, as Barca looked a lot fresher and sharper in the final.

In Bayern's case, there is an overall lack of intensity throughout the second half of the season because they are already so far ahead in the league, which is why I don't think it's in their best interest to rotate and rest players as much. In their 12/13 season, they kept the intensity in every round even though they set a points record, which is why they were so successful in the CL.

Last edited:

Sterlingfan2000

C'mon dude, there is obviously an advantage to resting players. Barca had the league wrapped up by late April in 10/11 and rested Messi + the important players for close to a month for the CL final. Paid huge dividends, as Barca looked a lot fresher and sharper in the final.

In Bayern's case, there is an overall lack of intensity throughout the second half of the season because they are already so far ahead in the league, which is why I don't think it's in their best interest to rotate and rest players as much. In their 12/13 season, they kept the intensity in every round even though they set a points record, which is why they were so successful in the CL.

Only Second Half? More like first half too. Theres no competetion in the league, its quite sad actually. Most People say they earned their money and succes, but do we want to say that another 50 Years? Its like the league is creating football players for bayern and the Nationalteam , dfb and bayern are very happy with this system but I am not :).I want my Team Hamburg also play for the championchip but it isnt possible because Bayern have too much money and quickly kill the opponent, and then there are Clubs like Wolfsburg and Leipzig

Patricho

Only Second Half? More like first half too. Theres no competetion in the league, its quite sad actually. Most People say they earned their money and succes, but do we want to say that another 50 Years? Its like the league is creating football players for bayern and the Nationalteam , dfb and bayern are very happy with this system but I am not :).I want my Team Hamburg also play for the championchip but it isnt possible because Bayern have too much money and quickly kill the opponent, and then there are Clubs like Wolfsburg and Leipzig

Yeah, Hamburg cannot win the league because Bayern has too much money ("they're taking our jobs!...). It's not because Hamburg have an inept board, overpaid, mediocre players and are overall just a terrible side ;)

MaxY

Devil May Cry
11200578_10204233464625819_6677150104474871709_n.jpg

F

Flavia

Those jokes are reminding me of that wc group with england, uruguay, italy and costa rica...

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
C'mon dude, there is obviously an advantage to resting players. Barca had the league wrapped up by late April in 10/11 and rested Messi + the important players for close to 3 weeks for the CL final. Paid huge dividends, as Barca looked a lot fresher and sharper in the final.

Barcelona could have rested there entire team against Getafe and Cordoba coming up, in this ultra competitive la liga that people are banging on about here , having to give 1000% because the league isn't won yet, no easy games, 5-0 HT not even at 50% :lol:

Game was done in 20 minutes, why not rest your stars here?

Bayern and Juventus probably put more effort in there matches & it's all wrapped up. Nonsense excuses.

And if anything sometimes it's better playing continuously on all fronts still, keeps the momentum going and the focus up.

Last edited:

StarLord

Barcelona could have rested there entire team against Getafe and Cordoba coming up, in this ultra competitive la liga that people are banging on about here , having to give 1000% because the league isn't won yet, no easy games, 5-0 HT not even at 50% :lol:

Game was done in 20 minutes, why not rest your stars here?

Bayern and Juventus probably put more effort in there matches & it's all wrapped up. Nonsense excuses.

And if anything sometimes it's better playing continuously on all fronts still, keeps the momentum going and the focus up.

Out of 38 games you choose the one we won the easiest (thanks to wonder-goals, and a Suarez dive :suarez:) and forget about everything else. How about Sevilla that came back from 0-2 down against us right before the first QF vs PSG? How about Valencia having us on the back foot for an entire first half right in between the the CL quarters? How about having to face Real Madrid right the game vs City? How about us facing Real Madrid right in the middle of both semis vs Chelsea in the past that no one ever talks about? Espanyol also screwed us over in similar circumstances in 2010.

But what makes it difficult for both us and Real, is that for us every game is a must-win. Anything else is failure, both domestically and in Europe. For Bayern, they don't give a fuck if they lose a game here or there, they are still champions from even before the season begins. Same goes with Juve in recent seasons. Moreover, for both us and Real, not winning the league is a disaster and a failure for which everyone at the club must answer for. Hell, even if we win the domestic double and lose the CL narrowly, some of us will see it as a relative failure at least. This kind of pressure does not exist for other clubs in Europe. English teams are more than happy if they win one league every now and then (because hey, EPL >>>>> CL/all continental leagues) and more often than not can concentrate on the CL (Chelsea have done this several times, as have Liverpool) Moreover, the scheduling of Cup games during weekends in the spring gives EPL teams one more advantage in this regard (Jose tried his luck with this one, still failed)

In any case, to reply again to your provocation. The claim is not that Almeria or Getafe are better than the equivalents in Italy/Germany/England, but that we have to beat them 100% of the time, something which is not the case in all other major leagues. Real Madrid are always breathing down our necks and vice versa. In other leagues, you get several one-horse race seasons, or indifferent seasons.

StarLord

Dumb picture. Juventus could win the whole thing.

Just because crazy things happen in football (such as Chelsea 2012) doesn't mean we can't say that Juventus are the weaklings of the upcoming CL semifinals. Not saying ther are as bad as Chelsea were then, but still.

Home of Barca Fans