UEFA Champions League 2014-15

Marchisio8

Banned
If we dont go through, i can see this Juventus side causing problems for Barca in the final. But let us see what happens, expecting a much better performance at home.

Yup, everything can happen in a one leg match.

Juve gave up an away goal...I think that will be huge for next week.

Unfortunately, I think so aswell.

If there is one team left in the CL that can sit back and defend a 1 goal lead, it's Juve.

It depends on if we have Pogba back, so we can put Marchisio on dm and Pirlo back where he belong on the bench, we defend and attack much better without him.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism

Bayern were great tonight
, the opposition was greater.

Are you high?

They didn't have one shot on target and were all over the place defensively, loss possession over and over. Neuer saved them from six.

Should have kept it at two, Pep going for a goal like a numpty, gets counter attacked to make it 3-0, mission impossible now.

2-0 was doable.

XaviMessiGirl

It depends on if we have Pogba back, so we can put Marchisio on dm and Pirlo back where he belong on the bench, we defend and attack much better without him.

Pirlo just looks like he needs a rest, it's been common the last season or two if he's in a poor form, rest him and then he comes back and has a fantastic game. Allegri should put him on the bench for the league match this weekend, not like you need him there anymore anyway.

Chainsaw

Killahead
CEXBVXvW0AAGCXi.jpg

pBdsC6h.gif

Marchisio8

Banned
Pirlo just looks like he needs a rest, it's been common the last season or two if he's in a poor form, rest him and then he comes back and has a fantastic game. Allegri should put him on the bench for the league match this weekend, not like you need him there anymore anyway.

I don't know what he needs, but he has been bad for almost 2 years now and loses the ball at dangerous positions, not to mention he slows our play down, because he wants to dictate the game. With Marchisio on his place we have been playing some great fast counter football.

Leo_Messi

I don't know what he needs, but he has been bad for almost 2 years now and loses the ball at dangerous positions, not to mention he slows our play down, because he wants to dictate the game. With Marchisio on his place we have been playing some great fast counter football.

It's the age. Andrea is 36 years old. When you reach that age you tend to become more wasteful and slower in both action and thought. Pirlo's game was always to a large degree about risk taking.

If I were Allegri I would only use him as a substitute against RM if Pogba will be ready and play with a midfield of Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba and Pereyra/Sturaro.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Being slow and methodical was always part of his game anyway, but his vision and intelligence is what made that acceptable. When those things are off that is when he has a poor game. And yeah, at his age and against a club like Madrid if he's not completely on point it can hurt... he's someone who can no longer play the full 90 in every single match which is why I suggested rest. He's definitely not completely finished as you still see him having great games sometimes.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I'd like to see Allegri line-up like this in the return leg:

Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Marchisio
Lichtsteiner - Pereyra - Vidal - Evra
Tevez - Morata​

Home of Barca Fans