Wait, no Cristi ? :thinking:

XaviMessiGirl

I'd like to see Allegri line-up like this in the return leg:

Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Marchisio
Lichtsteiner - Pereyra - Vidal - Evra
Tevez - Morata​

Three man defense is too risky I think, it ended up being fine when Allegri switched to it mid-game but wouldn't want to see them starting with it.

lel Chiellini in that picture looks like Dilios from 300

dilios.jpg

UEFA's choice of photo kinda sums Chiellini up really. :lol:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Even though i dont want barca to win anything, its indeed a sight to behold The tears of traitor 1, traitor 2, Muller, Ribery and the likes.
I thought I saw Lewandowski shed tears.... I thought I might be hallucinating

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I thought I saw Lewandowski shed tears.... I thought I might be hallucinating

Wheeeere are the videos ?! :lol:

I only saw Pep's interviews yesterday, and he was definitely sad, didn't seem like he believed too much in a come back.

Marchisio8

Banned
It's the age. Andrea is 36 years old. When you reach that age you tend to become more wasteful and slower in both action and thought. Pirlo's game was always to a large degree about risk taking.

If I were Allegri I would only use him as a substitute against RM if Pogba will be ready and play with a midfield of Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba and Pereyra/Sturaro.

Being slow and methodical was always part of his game anyway, but his vision and intelligence is what made that acceptable. When those things are off that is when he has a poor game. And yeah, at his age and against a club like Madrid if he's not completely on point it can hurt... he's someone who can no longer play the full 90 in every single match which is why I suggested rest. He's definitely not completely finished as you still see him having great games sometimes.

It is, but it's still not a good enough excuse to dancing around in front of the defence and start counter attacks for other teams.

I'd like to see Allegri line-up like this in the return leg:

Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Marchisio
Lichtsteiner - Pereyra - Vidal - Evra
Tevez - Morata​

Our strongest

Buffon

Lichsteiener-Bonucci-Barzagli(Chiellini)-Evra

Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba

Pereyra

Morata-Tevez​

Something tells me, we might play with a 3 man defence, so we can have all three Bonucci, Barzagli and Chiellini on the same time.

Marchisio8

Banned
Three man defense is too risky I think, it ended up being fine when Allegri switched to it mid-game but wouldn't want to see them starting with it.

Nah :D, the point of having a 3 mans defence is so you can have 5 players in the back, because the wing backs will track back, and you can play on the counter.

XaviMessiGirl

Nah :D, the point of having a 3 mans defence is so you can have 5 players in the back, because the wing backs will track back, and you can play on the counter.

Well yeah, but it's the same formation that got you kicked out of Europe so early last season. Might have been effective for Conte in Serie A, but the CL is completely different.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
It is, but it's still not a good enough excuse to dancing around in front of the defence and start counter attacks for other teams.

Our strongest

Buffon

Lichsteiener-Bonucci-Barzagli(Chiellini)-Evra

Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba

Pereyra

Morata-Tevez​

Something tells me, we might play with a 3 man defence, so we can have all three Bonucci, Barzagli and Chiellini on the same time.

Marchisio will never be better than Andrea Pirlo, even when the latter is in his 50's. Infact you'd have him on just for freekicks alone.

Sorry Marchisio8

Last edited:

Marchisio8

Banned
Well yeah, but it's the same formation that got you kicked out of Europe so early last season. Might have been effective for Conte in Serie A, but the CL is completely different.

We got kicked out because of Conte's stubbornness, he used the same tactics against teams like Copenhagen and Galatasaray, which cost us 7 points(!). Games where he should have gone with a more offensive approach.

Marchisio will never be better than Andrea Pirlo, even when the latter is in his 50's. Infact you'd have him on just for freekicks alone.

Sorry Marchisio8

Nope he won't, but we function much better as a team with Marchisio. It's also that's why when every player is healthy and fit, Marchisio is the starter.

Home of Barca Fans