UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

CNbpsOGVEAAsP0U.jpg

The only thing that could make that picture better is if they used one of those pictures of an almost tearful Ronaldo just after he has missed a chance.

ceefoo

Sevilla all set for 3rd EL in a row i think.
I think Juve should be the most concerned in that whole group.

Sevilla should just go out and enjoy themselves, and whatever happens, happens. They still have their favourite EL to fall back on if things don't go their way.

serghei

Its their best chance of winning a group yet. Which is huge for them.

Winning it easily is too far but think they will qualify fairly easily and are favs to win it.

The problem with them is that they don't carry their domestic form into Champions League as well. But this time they have a stronger team, so, yes, it would be logical for them to win the group considering how much they invested this summer, compared with Juventus who is in decline after losing both Tevez and Vidal.

Alik

Porto is weaker than Benfica. That's why Benfica are Superliga champions. Kiev and Galatasaray are around the same level.

Can't really say Porto is weaker. They might not be reigning champions, but they always do well in the CL and Benfica just changed managers.

My hope of seeing all LL reps progressing to the K.Os shattered after seeing Group D. :(

Have hope still! At least for 4 of the reps... Real Madrid can go screw themselves.

serghei

Can't really say Porto is weaker. They might not be reigning champions, but they always do well in the CL and Benfica just changed managers.

True, but still, the league is a pretty good indicator. And Porto has also lost Martinez, their best player. I favour Benfica a bit. Both should normally go through. Very good draw for the portuguese teams.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
City wins that group IMO. I could see Juventus being the surprise team to get dumped, however I still would say they go through. City first, Juve second. Sevilla sadly got dealt a terrible hand.

serghei

City wins that group IMO. I could see Juventus being the surprise team to get dumped, however I still would say they go through. City first, Juve second. Sevilla sadly got dealt a terrible hand.

Juventus has bottled it two years ago in a lesser group than this one, against a mediocre Galatasaray, and they also had some troubles last year against Olympiakos (the match they won 3-2 in Torino after 1-2 down was the decider). Sevilla could pull off a surprise and sent Juve into EL.

Trickykid

True, but still, the league is a pretty good indicator. And Porto has also lost Martinez, their best player. I favour Benfica a bit. Both should normally go through. Very good draw for the portuguese teams.

Don't forget Alex Sandro and Danilo, their two fullbacks.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Juventus has bottled it two years ago in a lesser group than this one, against a mediocre Galatasaray, and they also had some troubles last year against Olympiakos (the match they won 3-2 in Torino after 1-2 down was the decider). Sevilla could pull off a surprise and sent Juve into EL.

Yes I can definitely see this happening. Heck, Gladbach might have something to say about that 2nd spot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans