UEFA European U21 Championship

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Easily, I've not been impressed with Carvajal when I've seen him, some on here were suggesting he should be ahead of Arbeloa in the national team. :lol:

Really looking forward to be SF's tomorrow.

Far from it, he's much much better than Arbeloa this season and one of the best RB's in Europe in both attack and defense. Saying Montoya is better than him is very biased (even though I do like Montoya)

DavidVillano1

Far from it, he's much much better than Arbeloa this season and one of the best RB's in Europe in both attack and defense. Saying Montoya is better than him is very biased (even though I do like Montoya)
Take it you watched Leverkusen week in week out to give that view that he's been 'one of the best RB's in Europe' this season?

Arbeloa has shown form in the best league in the world and for the national team, but this guy deserves to start before him according to some who've probably seen him less than five times this season!

Carvajal didn't even start regularly in the EL, seeing him for the Under 21s and games against Dortmund, Bayern etc he has not impressed me at all. He even got subbed early in games against Dortmund, Stuttgart because he was playing poorly and played average at best in other games where Leverkusen were conceding 2-3 goals.

There's a reason why Montoya is first choice at this tournament even with playing less games throughout the season, he's the better player.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Don't watch them week in week out but certainly a good number of games and most people who do watch him would agree he's better than Montoya. If he seems unimpressive to you then I wonder how you could possibly rate Arbeloa, Montoya, or Alves.

Beast

The Observer
Take it you watched Leverkusen week in week out to give that view that he's been 'one of the best RB's in Europe' this season?

Arbeloa has shown form in the best league in the world and for the national team, but this guy deserves to start before him according to some who've probably seen him less than five times this season!

Carvajal didn't even start regularly in the EL, seeing him for the Under 21s and games against Dortmund, Bayern etc he has not impressed me at all. He even got subbed early in games against Dortmund, Stuttgart because he was playing poorly and played average at best in other games where Leverkusen were conceding 2-3 goals.

There's a reason why Montoya is first choice at this tournament even with playing less games throughout the season, he's the better player.

I simply love it when some talk out of their ***

Let's see Carvajal started 31 games (and 1 from the bench ) out of total of 34 German league games that Leverkusen played
Subbed early against Dortmund ? they played twice he played the first game the full 90 minutes and subbed in the 75th minute in the second game(and probably because it was the 3rd game in the league and he just joined them )... so subbed early in which universe ?
Against Bayern Munich the Treble winner he played both games the 90 minutes

And i'm sorry if he was subbed early against 12th place Stuttgart in the first game in one of those RARE OCCASIONS while he played the full 90 minutes in the second Stuttgart game (do you really watch the league or just talking for the sake of talking )
AND LMAO at start regularly in the Europa league , would that mean Higuain is bad because Benzema start over him in the CL most of the time (except maybe this year Higuain got more run due to Benzema form ) ?? In Europe you chose what

So what does that make Arbeloa who didn't play plenty of times this season for technical reasons ? and guess what Arbeloa played 25 games in the league this season... Montoya played 11 games in the league (and 4 subs )

At the moment he is the best Spanish RB out there.. and had a season better than all Spanish RB .. the Don is right

BigBarcaBoy

Let's see Carvajal started 31 games (and 1 from the bench ) out of total of 34 German league games that Leverkusen played
Subbed early against Dortmund ? they played twice he played the first game the full 90 minutes and subbed in the 75th minute in the second game(and probably because it was the 3rd game in the league and he just joined them )... so subbed early in which universe ?

And i'm sorry if he was subbed early against 12th place Stuttgart in the first game in one of those RARE OCCASIONS while he played the full 90 minutes in the second Stuttgart game (do you really watch the league or just talking for the sake of talking )
AND LMAO at start regularly in the Europa league , would that mean Higuain is bad because Benzema start over him in the CL most of the time (except maybe this year Higuain got more run due to Benzema form ) ?? In Europe you chose what

So what does that make Arbeloa who didn't play plenty of times this season for technical reasons ? and guess what Arbeloa played 25 games in the league this season... Montoya played 11 games in the league (and 4 subs )

At the moment he is the best Spanish RB out there.. and had a season better than all Spanish RB .. the Don is right

Jeez man, calm down it's only a game !

DavidVillano1

Yeh I'm taking rubbish, yet you claim he is the best RB out there for Spain, even-though he can't start for the under 21s before Montoya who hardly featured all season. Some serious overrating going on from people who certainly have not watched him regularly.

He played the full first game against Dortmund and then subbed in the second game which was at the start of the season, that makes no sense. :lol:

Montoya doesn't start regularly because he has one of the best full backs in world football in front of him, Carvajal wouldn't get a sniff at Barcelona. Arbeola started over 50 games for club and country last season and also picked up an injury which was why he missed games.

The Higuan/Benzema comparison is a woeful one as well, maybe look in the mirror before claiming someone talks nonsense, eh?

Last edited:

jamrock

i love it when people say x player had been playing more than y player so he must be better, especially when they play for different clubs.
dani. alves says hi.
montoya has been ahead of dani when ever they have been in the same teams, tells you everything you need to know really

Beast

The Observer
Carvajal was chosen as the best RB in the Bundesliga by Bild , Came third in the fans choice of the best RB in Bundesliga after Lahm & Uchida
Don't see Montoya , Arbeloa in anything..

And Montoya ahead of Dani in which parallel universe

jamrock

dani carvajal
montoya doesn't play in German, so doesn't affect him how dani does there.
montoya is playing behind dani alves.
dani alves.

Mr Hulot

Anyway, do you, Beast and DonAndres, think that Carvajal is going to be Madrid's starting RB? Because I personally doubt it.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Jamrock, on a completely unrelated note, who do you think is better? Alves or Lahm? I'm not talking about their overall contributions their entire career, just this season.

Home of Barca Fans