Vinícius Júnior

Andresito

Staff member
What did you think of my analysis. I am on to something I promise you.
Yes he is overrated. But in the end the neutrals watch CL and there he is always coming up with goals and that's why some might think he actually is the best player in the world and that he actually is this typical old fashioned Brazilian winger who can do whatever he wants on the pitch (he isn't).

Horatio

You're welcome
Yes he is overrated. But in the end the neutrals watch CL and there he is always coming up with goals and that's why some might think he actually is the best player in the world and that he actually is this typical old fashioned Brazilian winger who can do whatever he wants on the pitch (he isn't).

well said.

vegitot

Vinicius winning the ballon d'or is worthy of a sweet laugh, but nothing more. It only shows how badly this sport fell off in last couple years. No chance Vinicius would be winning it 10 or 15 years prior, so he remains uncomparable to Neymar even if he wins 5 more.

By the way, with this competition at hand - barring any injuries - Lamine will be literally farming ballon d'ors in a few years. Of course, assuming no supertalent prodigies are waiting to be discovered even younger than him - which might be the case.
Don't like him at all but he wins Ballon Dor this year because he is viewed better than anyone in 2023/24 season. It's him vs other players in 2023/24, not him vs other players of 10 or 15 years ago.

MontenegrinCuler

Don't like him at all but he wins Ballon Dor this year because he is viewed better than anyone in 2023/24 season. It's him vs other players in 2023/24, not him vs other players of 10 or 15 years ago.
Definitely. I don't deny he deserved to win it. But that just shows how fucked up the competition is if he is the best player around last season.

Horatio

You're welcome
I am absolutely fine with him winning looking at prizes won and his contribution.
Another reason is him winning means Bellingham doesn’t.

But something tells me Europe has stopped watching Brazil. If they did might have lost out on it. He’s absolutely dogsh*te in his NT.

Rory

Not sure why Vinicius is winning it. 1 more goal than Bellingham all season, won the same trophies. Difference is Bellingham reached euros final and Vinicius could be replaced by any brazilian player, from semi pro level to elite and have the same impact he has for Brazil. Then there's Rodri who has a good claim too.

El Gato

Villarato!
Has had a very good spring of 2024 and often been unplayable despite being out of position all year and having been on-off injured first 3-4 months of the season

11 G + 4 A in 16 league games (1180 mins, goal essentially every match)
2 vs Bayern in semis
3 assists vs City
goal in the final
key goal vs Leipzig

the only thing you could really hold against him is Copa America and NT in general

But considering he's won 2 most important club titles, he'll probably always get benefit of doubt over a Spaniard DM
Are NT comps even counted with this season considering BDO is for 23/24?

Rory

If NT comps don't count then fair enough he's slight favourite because of the above. Although Bellingham had the assist in the final for his goal.

El Gato

Villarato!
Should qualify I genuinely dont know which season they count with, no idea where the cutoff is
And even if they do, I still think most people will think club comp impact will outstrip Rodri's performance who is the only other contender
And I said it before I do think Rodri should win
But I dont think he will

Even at RM Vini IMO was 2nd best performing player across the entire season - he's been shit the entire autumn, looked very awkward centrally at LF and then looked great after the injuries
Kroos would be 1st, hence most thought he'd be in with a shout to get it if he were to win the Euro on top of retirement sympathies
Bellingham 3rd due to general underperformance in spring, despite turning up in most big games

Horatio

You're welcome
There has always been a clear bias regarding position. We all know that. For Rodri it would have been tough to win it as a DM.

Secondly a bit of generated hype comes into play. That’s also what allowed Bellingham to be a strong contender as a non-forward.

Imo Vini or Bellingham was really close. Either could’ve won it. For Bellingham would be slightly bigger achievement since not a winger.

Although, now that I think of it Bellingham did pull a casper after group stage of CL. Nowhere against City or Bayern. I didn’t see the final so can’t speak on that.

Also fell off in the league 2nd half. Since Balon Dor is for calendar year Vini makes more sense.

Home of Barca Fans