Vinícius Júnior

mc_lovin

It's clear the CL trophy brings majority of the points. Whoever between Jude and Vini is, it's well deserved.

It's not Vinicius' fault Brazil are failing. He's just the scapegoat as their biggest star. Messi went through the same phase. Brazil's problem lies within the staff area - coaching is problematic.
Messi was still phenomenal for his NT, Vini is a bum.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Brazil would be much better if they let Rodrygo play at the LW and simply benched Vinicius until he's ready to play for them without wetting himself.

Windhook

Messi was still phenomenal for his NT, Vini is a bum.
This discussion is going sideways with the greatness of Messi.

My point is Messi was criticized in the past for delivering for Barca and failing to do the same for NT. In this context Vinicius finds himself in a similar position. 2014 WC and Copa finals failures drove Messi to international retirement. Same criticism might drive Vini to do the same.

Horatio

You're welcome

My point is Messi was criticized in the past for delivering for Barca and failing to do the same for NT. In this context Vinicius finds himself in a similar position. 2014 WC and Copa finals failures drove Messi to international retirement. Same criticism might drive Vini to do the same.

Vini is not in a similar position. General football public is not pointing fingers at him. His disappointing NT tenure never gets brought up.

Maybe you have Brazilian friends that told u otherwise.

Windhook

General football public is not pointing fingers at him. His disappointing NT tenure never gets brought up.
I'm not his advocate, I'm not willing to :lol:, but this is what the whole forum points at now with Vini's BdO win - him being shit for NT.

Media are biased for whatever reason, which I don't want to delve into.

Horatio

You're welcome
I'm not his advocate, I'm not willing to :lol:, but this is what the whole forum points at now with Vini's BdO win - him being shit for NT.

Media are biased for whatever reason, which I don't want to delve into.

Owh sure yeah, but this is barcaforum. But even here some have conceded it’s ok he’s winning it. But on other football platforms no one seems to be aware of what he does for Brazil. They only talk about his CL and La liga run.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

I see the point you're trying to make, but Argentine media never almost unanimously brought up benching Messi for his performances. Criticism around Messi was about not being able to finish the job getting into finals and losing.

Vinicius cannot even play at an adequate level so far in friendlies even.

Vinicius has been so bad there's been calls for his benching and letting Rodrygo play in his natural position instead.

Horatio

You're welcome
I see the point you're trying to make, but Argentine media never almost unanimously brought up benching Messi for his performances. Criticism around Messi was about not being able to finish the job getting into finals and losing.

Vinicius cannot even play at an adequate level so far in friendlies even.

Vinicius has been so bad there's been calls for his benching and letting Rodrygo play in his natural position instead.
Ok I didnt know that.

But yeah, did think Rodrygo was outperforming him.

But in Europe vini’s NT performance not brought up if never.

Birdy

screenshot (1).png

That's Vinicius vs Lamine 23/24

screenshot.png

That's Vinicius vs Lamine this season so far

And he is 7 (!) years younger...

He is gonna eclipse the fraud soon!!!

Home of Barca Fans