Virgil van Dijk

El Gato

Villarato!
Aye so he's a worse judge of pass
Ramos played CB with CR, Benzema and Bale more than RB so wouldn't assist them most of the time. Even then a better assist number goes in his favour as shows he's capable of playing wide

VVD not a better passer like you claimed. Nowhere near the attacking influence.

Morten

VVD being a much better passer than Ramos is a laughable claim, he is not even better at it, let alone "much better".

Temptation

I was considering crossing separately. Ramos is actually a pretty good crosser of the ball. Probably from his days as an RB.

KingLeo10

How many more big trophies do we think VVD can win?

I genuinely don't see a scenario where he wins another PL. Maybe. Maybe, a CL.

Temptation

How many more big trophies do we think VVD can win?

I genuinely don't see a scenario where he wins another PL. Maybe. Maybe, a CL.

Another PL +CL n few more cups I guess.

I'm assuming he'll play 3 more years at top level.

I think we can win the PL this year.

Hopefully wins a Euro or something with Netherlands lol.

serghei

Ramos is hard to judge. Somewhere between 2014 and 2018 he turned into an unbelievable leader and clutch player. Before then he was even worse than Pique and a frequent joke among Barca fans.

He shut everybody up after 2012 orbit launch vs Bayern in the CL semis. Soon after he became a mental beast.

I think Van Dijk is nowhere near Ramos in terms of impact and clutch level.

El Gato

Villarato!
Trying to think of NBA equivalent for VVD.. maybe Karl Malone? Has a fair bit of help but team often punched above weight. Would have won way more if not for City presence, but also lost of own ill timed moments of weakness.

A great player whose style and achievements his fans are incessantly hyping to the moon and ignoring flaws to both his and his team's detriment

Horatio

You're welcome
come on....sure Van Dijk is not perfect, what player is. But he has been reigning as clearly best CB for a few years in EPL now. That's quite a mean feat.
And the EPL since a few years has been most competitive it has ever been.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Aye so he's a worse judge of pass
Ramos played CB with CR, Benzema and Bale more than RB so wouldn't assist them most of the time. Even then a better assist number goes in his favour as shows he's capable of playing wide

VVD not a better passer like you claimed. Nowhere near the attacking influence.
VVD sends passes by laser.. I do not recall Ramos being quite that accurate

Home of Barca Fans