Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
To people saying he was playing LW, bro it was more central than on the wings. Any player who is good enough would have shown what he can do.
The guy is simply not good enough to be with us. Let's see the next match if he even starts or does something.

companyofcules

To people saying he was playing LW, bro it was more central than on the wings. Any player who is good enough would have shown what he can do.
The guy is simply not good enough to be with us. Let's see the next match if he even starts or does something.
He is not, that was clear from the first 30 seconds of highlights I watched.I laughed my ass out that people are comparing him with Endrick.
But he is a striker, Lautaro with the ball control of mule rules Italy and this lad can be a decent striker since we are not known for sporting some huge talents there.

companyofcules

The boy clearly moves like a number 9 but he isn't Suarez to drible his way out of the wings like in Ajax.
Stop playing him otherwise because he trained his whole life to be a number 9 and it's disrespectful. I can feel his frustration.

I don't think he is Barca level as a number 9 but considering his competition as today he can play constantly as a 9 in our team.
Because he brings energy and some good pressing, while our main 9 is a senior who would get winded up or lazy against the fodder.

The best for his future is to go to Italy, hope his reads this. Boy, go to Italy, there is the land where the pure number 9 are cherished regardless of their ball control.
Lautaro is a huge example.

Messi983

Signed him 6 months ago and barely played him. Now he disappoints in first friendly amid public rumors about him being unwanted here. While playing out of position.

And I was not a fan of Roque in the first place.

Imagine Gavi wouldn't get injured so we wouldn't have the ability to bring Roque in January. He would be our "exciting" new signing now in time when we probably can't afford other players and would be given proper time to adapt and actually play in his best position.

Instead we put him in the worst possible situation ANY player can get into, let alone a kid from Brazil who needs to adapt to European football and are now doing everything we can to offload him after 6 months rather than doing the right thing and send a semi-retired former player to Saudis and give Vitor chance to prove his worth. We won't win anything next season anyway so why not continue with the youth movement and let the kids develop together.

For Vitor's career is the best to leave. Club will probably take that Lazio offer if real and I think he'll tear it up in Serie A as Immobile's replacement. Always prefered Roma and barely ever watched Lazio but will follow him if he goes there and hope he develops into what I think he can become if given time and regular minutes which he'll never get here.

Messi983

Watch highlights that @companyofcules posted.

He was actually playing more as a LB (not even LW) than a striker. Getting Mou's Inter Eto'o (only he was playing on the right) vibes, lol.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
See he maybe is all off that you guys say.
But we have players in the striker position who do a heck of other things that is needed from players playing as a sub. He won't ever start ahead of Torres or Pau Victor. Saurez was shit with the ball, but he did prove himself in other teams, and coaches set up the team around him. Heck, he even played out of position when he started at Barca, but he played his heart out to fit the team.
Even if he shows that he can score a bit, in these friendlies. With all his other abilities consider, will you even start him before, Torres or Pau Victor? No.
He will be better in a different team and a different league.

Loki

Signed him 6 months ago and barely played him.
Maybe that could have something to do with how bad he plays in training? You want to start giving out gifts, put players on the bench who train better than him? If he barely plays, then it means he trains really badly.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Whatever way you slice and dice it, this has been as inept a signing as there has possibly been at any club, let alone Barca. To spend 40m on a 18 year old that doesn't really seem to excel in ANY facet of football, is quite something. When you add in our financial plight, especially at the time, his signing is surely up there with Dembele, Griezmann and Coutinho.

Remarkably, we could have fixed this mess had we been smarter by simply selling him and using the money to go and get Mikautadze. A player with a play style incredibly similar to Vitor, but just simply better at everything, and for half the price (18m).

There is a chance that Mikautadze could have had a Kvaradona style first season at a big club and he certainly had the potential to oust Lewa from the starting line up. Vitor certainly doesn't.

I repeat again, our sporting department is fairly shit. Not much has improved in that department at all, despite the changes.

Blanco

There is a chance that Mikautadze could have had a Kvaradona style first season at a big club and he certainly had the potential to oust Lewa from the starting line up. Vitor certainly doesn't.
We have a 1000+ IQ guy here. You should be resolving way bigger issues than the transfer strategy of a football club.

Barca should also buy Kiril Despodov, because he is from Bulgaria like Stoichkov and there is a chance to have such a Barcelona career.

Last edited:

Porque

Whatever way you slice and dice it, this has been as inept a signing as there has possibly been at any club, let alone Barca. To spend 40m on a 18 year old that doesn't really seem to excel in ANY facet of football, is quite something. When you add in our financial plight, especially at the time, his signing is surely up there with Dembele, Griezmann and Coutinho.

Remarkably, we could have fixed this mess had we been smarter by simply selling him and using the money to go and get Mikautadze. A player with a play style incredibly similar to Vitor, but just simply better at everything, and for half the price (18m).

I repeat again, our sporting department is fairly shit. Not much has improved in that department at all, despite the changes.

Good post. The issue isn't Roque (even if he may not end up good enough for the top level).

It is signing a player that doesn't suit the way we want to play.

Last night is the final straw. Even if he was very good, we had Pau Victor at ST who had a sublime season from AML, and then Vitor Roque at AML who is an out and out 9.

That is the very definition of sandbagging. Just like giving Malcom all his opportunities on the left rather than the right.

Just a complete lack of nurture and long term strategy.

jamrock

Who knows, maybe the both coaches have been forcing him on the wings, to force him to improve his technique?

I'm just trying to find a positive, because playing him on the left, is like playing haaland or lewa their, a straight setup to fail and he's already struggling.

Home of Barca Fans