Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
An important thing to note with him is he is straight up just not a winger, hes a CF but has played there maybe once for us? He always gets deployed with another striker occupying the spaces that he would be best in. Truthfully this time around im not too upset by him playing on with wing since Victor probably was just that much better in CF in training and you can see from the game he had that he deserved to play there rather than being relegated to the wing.

We can only hope he can get some playing time in his natural position this season
this is Barca, we don't do that here. You'll play in an unnatural position and you'll like it

Messi983

An important thing to note with him is he is straight up just not a winger, hes a CF but has played there maybe once for us? He always gets deployed with another striker occupying the spaces that he would be best in. Truthfully this time around im not too upset by him playing on with wing since Victor probably was just that much better in CF in training and you can see from the game he had that he deserved to play there rather than being relegated to the wing.

We can only hope he can get some playing time in his natural position this season

Pau Victor has actually played last games of the season for Barca Atletic as LW with Guiu upfront and he did well there. Definitely also better suited to play on the wing than Roque and if he'll get any meaningful minutes this season with the first team will probably be on the wing (Lewy will be unbenchable) so would make sense to try him out there against a serious opponent (we don't know, maybe Flick already used him as a winger in game vs Olot that was played behind closed doors).

As @Porque said confidence is also a thing. Pau has joined first team after playing regularly and scoring 20 goals for Barca Atletic. While quality difference between Primera RFEF and La Liga is big good form can often be brought over from lesser to a higher level of competition so wouldn't be surprised if Pau would also play good at start of the season not only in meaningless preseason games. Happened with Fermin too last year who returned from a succesful loan full of confidence.

OTOH Vitor never had support from Xavi and now playing him out of position I can only see as a GTFO message that is coming from people above Flick so I won't blame him but I do believe he's a "yes man" and it's one of the reasons why Laporta hired him. Even if Flick would like Roque it would still be Laporta's decision to offload him. I think we'll only see what Flick really thinks about Roque if he'll "survive" transfer window here but that's unlikely.

If we would have any common sense we would send Vitor on loan to play regularly and get through next season with Pau as Lewy's backup. That way would also save money on some clauses (for games played) we wouldn't need to pay this season. And I think reasons to move on Vitor are much more financially than sportingly motivated.

I could get behind selling him if that would mean we would get Nico or a DM (or better said defensively strong box to box midfielder who can play in double pivot as don't think we're looking for a pure DM with system Flick wants to play). Not so much for signing Olmo to play him as a LW. I will go out and say that Pau Victor is probably a better LW than Olmo. Or at least that Olmo is not 60m more worth as a LW than Pau.

Club likes Olmo's versatility which is fine and could prove useful sometimes. I don't dislike him as a player but if you're paying big money (and 60m is a monstrous money in current situation) for a player you better do that with a clear role for him in mind not to play him all over the pitch. Xavi already bought Ferran because of his versatility and he's just an expensive bench warmer now. Olmo is a better player and not because he can play multiple positions but mostly if played in his strongest position. Which I'm not sure he would play a lot in, at least this season.

As said in another thread if we're looking for a 10 then I'd prefer to wait until next season and see if we can get Wirtz. If Flick will prove enough to still be here and we'll continue with a 4-2-3-1 and won't return to 4-3-3 under another coach when we won't need AMC anymore. In that case Olmo would probably be another wasted signing despite his supposed versatility. Yes, we could miss out on Dani if we don't buy him now as I don't think he'll stay at Leipzig but while he's a good player he's not a can't miss out on player imo.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

He did more in the ten minutes he was on than Lewa did in 80, the highlight being a lovely flick.

The difference in energy, pace, movement and pressing between him and Lewa is night and day.

I'm not saying I'm sold on him by any means. But Lewa is playing like a 39 great old Ronaldo and we all saw what happened to Portugal in the Euros. The bar to replace him is very very low.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
He needs to go out on a loan. He won't get any minutes here.
Lewa is going to start. And he is behind Pau Victor in the pecking order. Then we have Torres too.
He's 19 and he has to get consistent minutes to be good. Just go on a loan and hopefully, he can show what he can do there.

Masetro10

It is a fireable offense to sign this guy on a big transfer fee and not have seen he isn't a Barca type striker. Then turn right around and try to sell him after it's leaked 20 times in the news that Xavi thinks he is trash.

Let's just mark him as damaged goods now. Nobody is buying this guy. Best case scenario they send him to Girona as a Dovbyk replacement and pray to everything holy he makes it

TheStig

If we were smart we would get Lewa out of the club (or at least tell him he'll be on the bench if he stays) and let the kids fight it out. Victor, Vitor, Fati, Torres, maybe even Fermin and Olmo at times could and would do a better job than this has been.

vuji_31

Whoever thought this guy is good needs to be fired already.

35mil in drain.

I bet Guiu would be much better and much cheaper option.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoever thought this guy is good needs to be fired already.

35mil in drain.

I bet Guiu would be much better and much cheaper option.

While I am sorry for Roque I am more angry at Barca management and whoever signed him. It's been proven time and time again and often by accident (as there wasnt anyone else to play) that la masia kids often do better than expensive signings.

Andresito

Staff member
There was a bit of a doubt when Xavi was still here, that he disliked Roque for some reason because sometimes coaches just don't prefer a particular player.

Then in comes a completely different manager (not Xavi's assistant etc) and treats Roque similarly.

There definitely is a consensus that both Xavi and Flick think he's trash. Yeah you could argue that he should be given a fair chance at #9 for a couple of games, but if you're good enough you will convince at least one of the coaches. Kind of like how Bernal/Casado/Pau have fought their way into being promising options. Why isn't Roque a promising option? Because he lacks talent.

Messi983

Nah, I still believe Laporta wants to offload Vitor and Flick is just a yes man.

Otherwise don't understand why Flick who wants to press for 90 minutes wouldn't rate Vitor who is our best pressing forward and play Ursus instead.

companyofcules

There was a bit of a doubt when Xavi was still here, that he disliked Roque for some reason because sometimes coaches just don't prefer a particular player.

Then in comes a completely different manager (not Xavi's assistant etc) and treats Roque similarly.

There definitely is a consensus that both Xavi and Flick think he's trash. Yeah you could argue that he should be given a fair chance at #9 for a couple of games, but if you're good enough you will convince at least one of the coaches. Kind of like how Bernal/Casado/Pau have fought their way into being promising options. Why isn't Roque a promising option? Because he lacks talent.
Everyone in the attack lacks talent except Pau and Lamine. The point is, the kid is the only striker with pure 9 moves after we sent Guiu to the Woke Fco.
He is maybe trash if we compare him with R9 but maybe not so trash if we compare him with Lewandowski, at least against fodder.
Then, again, why our club and monocelular fans overhyped him and we paid so much money if he isn't going to get a real chance?
That's why we are bankrupt.
We should pay for our mistakes and give this guy a chance. Maybe he will be a great asset while not being a starter.

Andresito

Staff member
Most times you notice quality in training and then give a chance in a real match to see if they can transfer the quality.

Roque couldn't even cope in a rondo with the available first teamers at the start of the pre-season.

companyofcules

Most times you notice quality in training and then give a chance in a real match to see if they can transfer the quality.

Roque couldn't even cope in a rondo with the available first teamers at the start of the pre-season.
I agree with this but if we put Haland or Lautaro in a rondo with La Masia they will look like some peasants. Zlatan looked like a peasant between Messi and Iniesta.
There are very few strkers who can ball beside the Argentine from City.
My point is.
The investment is made, this discussions make no sense regardless at this point. Because it was obvious the guy has nothing in common with R9 30 seconds in any highlight. So we either give him a chance or the whole sporting maggots, the propaganda department needs to fuck off and pay the 40 mil. If they recover the money from selling him they can fuck off freely.

Third, humiliating a Brazilian hype might end our future in the market.
We should send this guy to Barcelona B to get minutes while also giving him minutes against fodder as a 9.

Home of Barca Fans