Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Porque

Latest reports are that he is interested in a move to Lazio.

Their latest interest has been 20m for 50% of his rights, so we are close to a deal.

I don't see why we don't just loan Roque in LaLiga though.

Samu scored 12 goals in LaLiga, has played poorly at both the u19 and Olympic squad, and will now be moving for 40m.

Ok so that one may just be a balancing deal with Chelsea for Gallagher, but still he managed to change his perception in one season.

ajnotkeith

Their latest interest has been 20m for 50% of his rights, so we are close to a deal.

Samu scored 12 goals in LaLiga, has played poorly at both the u19 and Olympic squad, and will now be moving for 40m.

Ok so that one may just be a balancing deal with Chelsea for Gallagher, but still he managed to change his perception in one season.
This.

I believe that Roque in the right context can score a lot of goals in this league. We even saw last year with the little he played that he gets into goalscoring positions and can beat his marker frequently. Just needs to work on the finishing touch and he'll be a goalscorer.

I think it's way too early for the club to completely abandon him. He's very young and was never going to be instant impact, he did need time.

Though 50% of his rights doesn't sound too bad if he goes to Lazio and hits it off, then moves to some Prem club for 60-70m... can see that happening.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
See Roque might be a very good backup for 9. And people here say when he was in that position he showed some spark.
But you are telling me you will keep a 2nd sub on the team just because he fulfills a single role on the team and is shit in anywhere else he's been played.
How can you justify keeping him, when you can't think of when he will get subbed on? He is behind Pau for No9 position and Pau can comfortably play in the wings if needed.
The guy has to leave for a smaller club where he can get consistent minutes and improve his game, and where he can prove that he will be a reliable striker. Only then we can even show some amount of confidence that he will be a good backup for a striker.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, I still believe Laporta wants to offload Vitor and Flick is just a yes man.

Otherwise don't understand why Flick who wants to press for 90 minutes wouldn't rate Vitor who is our best pressing forward and play Ursus instead.

Wasn't Roque Laporta's signing. Wouldn't he want to keep him?

But I do tend to agree Flick was hired under condition not to oppose the higher-ups.

Porque

You don't sign strikers because of their versatility.

But I believe the club bought into the rhetoric that Roque was playing that way because Paranaense were not a ball playing team (one of the lowest in the league in terms of passing % and number of passes), and that in a ballplaying team he would naturally adapt to it.

So if he isn't hitting the marks we can only blame ourselves, especially for forcing the deal so early.

Messi983

Wasn't Roque Laporta's signing. Wouldn't he want to keep him?

But I do tend to agree Flick was hired under condition not to oppose the higher-ups.

He was Deco's signing and I believe he has good eye for talent. Clearly better than Laporta who only look for "big names" regardless if/how they would fit into the team. Having Olmo as alternative to Nico is another proof of that.

Pretty sure Laporta never watched Roque before we signed him and thought he's a flashy Brazilian like R10 or Neymar so no wonder if he's disappointed now because Roque was never that profile of player. Deco saw potential for a great striker in future but Vitor will never get a chance to prove that here unfortunately.

jamrock

Everyone is a laporta signing, he's the one that signs the cheques.... Lol

Club got the scouting report all wrong on this one, but I'd still rather loan him and see what he offers.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He was Deco's signing and I believe he has good eye for talent. Clearly better than Laporta who only look for "big names" regardless if/how they would fit into the team. Having Olmo as alternative to Nico is another proof of that.

Pretty sure Laporta never watched Roque before we signed him and thought he's a flashy Brazilian like R10 or Neymar so no wonder if he's disappointed now because Roque was never that profile of player. Deco saw potential for a great striker in future but Vitor will never get a chance to prove that here unfortunately.

Deco is still sporting director and he picked him. Does it make sense to you he is already giving up on his signing. And after barely playing?
You could make an argument that Deco is a yes man as well if Laporta is making this big decision to move Roque out. Our latest and biggest signing in a while.

Messi983

Laporta wants his new boy toy Dani and we need to sell someone to sign him. Nobody else wants to leave so Deco's hands are tied here imo. If it would be up to him I think he would keep Roque.

companyofcules

Send him to Lazio, Italians will love him

companyofcules

See Roque might be a very good backup for 9. And people here say when he was in that position he showed some spark.
But you are telling me you will keep a 2nd sub on the team just because he fulfills a single role on the team and is shit in anywhere else he's been played.
How can you justify keeping him, when you can't think of when he will get subbed on? He is behind Pau for No9 position and Pau can comfortably play in the wings if needed.
The guy has to leave for a smaller club where he can get consistent minutes and improve his game, and where he can prove that he will be a reliable striker. Only then we can even show some amount of confidence that he will be a good backup for a striker.
Pau is not that nr 9. But anyways, 20 for 50% in Lazio is good. He will adapt there, all clubs will make a good business, less drama.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
You don't sign strikers because of their versatility.

But I believe the club bought into the rhetoric that Roque was playing that way because Paranaense were not a ball playing team (one of the lowest in the league in terms of passing % and number of passes), and that in a ballplaying team he would naturally adapt to it.

So if he isn't hitting the marks we can only blame ourselves, especially for forcing the deal so early.
You definitely do if it's a sub/bench player. If you are buying a player thats going to be a starter then versatility is not that important.
Victor was never going to be a starter. He was at best a sub for Lewa, with the potential to be a starter.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans