Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Porque

Good deal by Deco
He gets better and better

Contrary to what some sources initially indicated, Barcelona will not have the option of repurchase by the soccer player if Betis decides to exercise his at some point during the loan. Vitor Roque could return to the Catalan club if at the end of the first year he does not reach the minimum number of matches established to extend his transfer and Betis does not acquire it or if at the end of the eventual second campaign the green-and-whites have not exercised their acquisition option. In that case, the Andalusian club would be entitled to 30% of the surplus value with respect to the fixed purchase price if Barcelona transfers the player the first year after recovering it and 20% of the surplus value if the second does.

---

Sounds like Betis got the W here.

We basically brought him over from Brazil on behalf of Betis to assess if they want to sign him or not.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Contrary to what some sources initially indicated, Barcelona will not have the option of repurchase by the soccer player if Betis decides to exercise his at some point during the loan. Vitor Roque could return to the Catalan club if at the end of the first year he does not reach the minimum number of matches established to extend his transfer and Betis does not acquire it or if at the end of the eventual second campaign the green-and-whites have not exercised their acquisition option. In that case, the Andalusian club would be entitled to 30% of the surplus value with respect to the fixed purchase price if Barcelona transfers the player the first year after recovering it and 20% of the surplus value if the second does.

---

We basically brought him over from Brazil on behalf of Betis to assess if they want to sign him or not.
Not only what it sounds like, THEY GOT the W - this transfer was a joke from the very beginning and I promise you we'll be stuck with him after Betis asses he sucks...

khaled_a_d

---

We lost the deal, or any deal, the moment we decided he isn't good enough for Barca. Same like Atletico is losing Vermereen deal.
But, may I ask, what is the source?

Porque

We lost the deal, or any deal, the moment we decided he isn't good enough for Barca. Same like Atletico is losing Vermereen deal.
But, may I ask, what is the source?

Miguel Moran @ Marca.

Hopefully just Madridista propoganda but compared to Nico Gonzalez deal and especiallyFaye, the details are sparse on the official site which suggests they want to keep something hidden.

Faye

Nico Gonzalez

Vitor Roque

Absolutely nothing of a re-purchase there. Complete sacrilege. Heads should role.

khaled_a_d

Miguel Moran @ Marca.

Hopefully just Madridista propoganda but compared to Nico Gonzalez deal and especiallyFaye, the details are sparse on the official site which suggests they want to keep something hidden.

I mean, 2 are sales and one is a loan.

I fully expect Betis to have development percentage, they always do that. If he succeeds and we buy him back, I expect them to retain part of his rights.
But I doubt it will be all written in a way that they get all the benefits with us getting absolutely none.

Although, I don't think it will matter much, I think the decision were already made that he has no Barca future, and Betis will never buy him unless they are selling him.
25M will make him 3rd most expensive signing in their history, after Borja and Denilson (and that was 6 or 7 years before Roque was born)

Porque

In a normal Barca forum, a marca source would be banned. But here, people are masochists. They suck in every negative news like an endless sponge and revel in it.

20 years ago I would have agreed. But somehow a few of the AS reporters are better at Barca news than MD/Sport these days.

Marca is still a bit shitty, but AS was the worst of the worst before.

ajnotkeith

I mean, 2 are sales and one is a loan.

I fully expect Betis to have development percentage, they always do that. If he succeeds and we buy him back, I expect them to retain part of his rights.
But I doubt it will be all written in a way that they get all the benefits with us getting absolutely none.

Although, I don't think it will matter much, I think the decision were already made that he has no Barca future, and Betis will never buy him unless they are selling him.
25M will make him 3rd most expensive signing in their history, after Borja and Denilson (and that was 6 or 7 years before Roque was born)
You're discounting the possibility he does well and then we have options to sell him elsewhere for a good price.

If the article is correct we could be stuck giving at least 5m to them in a future sale.

This practise of giving the club a development percentage is so uncommon, other clubs don't do this, it makes no sense, if the player is being loaned there it should be because he's good enough to help them. Why are we giving them a large share of a valuable player as the loaning club?

If you have to give a percentage to them to make them play him then he shouldn't be going there in the first place. The irony is I doubt the percentage will even change any of their decisions about him, because for a club like Betis who wants to finish in Europe, if he's struggling, they won't play him regardless of the percentage.

khaled_a_d

You're discounting the possibility he does well and then we have options to sell him elsewhere for a good price.

If the article is correct we could be stuck giving at least 5m to them in a future sale.

This practise of giving the club a development percentage is so uncommon, other clubs don't do this, it makes no sense, if the player is being loaned there it should be because he's good enough to help them. Why are we giving them a large share of a valuable player as the loaning club?

If you have to give a percentage to them to make them play him then he shouldn't be going there in the first place. The irony is I doubt the percentage will even change any of their decisions about him, because for a club like Betis who wants to finish in Europe, if he's struggling, they won't play him regardless of the percentage.

Development percentage is becoming coman in Liga, especially with Betis, since the Emerson deal back in January 2019.
Those clubs who aren't desperate for players like Betis, will not develop a player for you, for the parent club to get all profit.

Also, practically we won't be stuck to anything.

It is essentially saying if they don't buy him and we sell him, they get percentage of profit.

That means he will not do enough for them to buy Roque, but we sell him for profit.

That is everything above 31m we paid, Then Atletico percentage (20% of profit), Cruzeiro percentage as parent club per FIFA rules (around 2% of any sale). After this they share 30% of what is remaining for 1 year and 20% in 2nd year.

It isn't going to happen, they would buy him first if he worth that.

Porque

% of capital gains, to incentivize the loan is pretty common these days.

Only thing is that they should have an expiration period. Because if for example we bring Roque back and he is a first team player for 5 years for us, then any capital gains is from being a Barcelona player and not that period at Betis.

Which should then be reduced, at best, to a lower formation percentage it anything.

Home of Barca Fans