Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Jaguar

Flair Trait
I want to see him for us this summer window badly. Surely if get rid of a couple wood won’t have to wait until January? :cry:

JamDav1982

Like look of him.

His movement is fucking relentless and has a variety of finishes.

Doesnt look to me the error prone/limited player some see.. All will tell in time either way.

Think he will prove a bargain.

Porque

Fee is solid considering what he is doing at his age in South America. The reason other clubs are not in for him isn't because he has a bad first touch ( :lol:, look at the unproven tosh EPL clubs have spent big on recently) but because he committed early to Barca.

Seems to have a head on his shoulders too.

Move to Barcelona this summer? No problem
Stay in SA until winter? No problem
Go on loan before being able to move to Barca? No problem

Meanwhile Arda Gular hasn't presented for his medical at Fener today, doesn't want to stay there a season longer and wants to move to his club right now and be in their first team.

All that after a bag of chips and a few 30 yard crackers.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Fee is solid considering what he is doing at his age in South America. The reason other clubs are not in for him isn't because he has a bad first touch ( :lol:, look at the unproven tosh EPL clubs have spent big on recently) but because he committed early to Barca.

Was he linked to any other clubs at all? Or our scouts followed him and nailed him down a long time ago?

Porque

khaled_a_d

Starting vs Flamengo in the Cup, game in few minutes.
Flamengo has Barcaforum legends Gerson and G, Barbosa (later won't play though) and overall their squad seems like one of the best. Would be another good test for him. Also Wesley França whom we had an eye on as a future RB.

Messi983

Flamengo won 2-1 but there is a return leg next week.

Roque had an assist early in the game but didn't do much otherwise based on these highlights. Didn't watch the game but looks like he was again very isolated up front. Hard to really judge him based on this team/system he plays in but I think he'll do better here with players like Dembouz, Pedri, Gundo&Co.. playing close to him. Ofc there is still Xavi who will probably find a way to misuse him but there is a lot to like imo.

I've always had soft spot for Uruguayan strikers and profile wise Roque is closer to them than your usual Brazilian strikers of the past. He'll make his career more based on his determination and hunger for goals than pure technical abilities. And I'm fine with that.

One player that often comes to my mind when watching Roque is Chimy Avila. A player who I've liked since I first saw him still playing in Segunda for Huesca 5-6 years ago. Was ofc a bit of a late bloomer so Roque has potential to become a much better player. Similar physical profile, Chimy is better technically (Vitor could still improve in that aspect though) but Roque already a better finisher (Chimy has scored some long range bangers I've not seen from Vitor so far though).

Home of Barca Fans