Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Reminds me of Hulk in terms of strength

A goalscorer who doesn’t require finesse to create space in today’s game is invaluable. In that regard there’s a bit of Suarez in him - caged beast who also favors his right but can score in variety of ways

A bronco

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

A goalscorer who doesn’t require finesse to create space in today’s game is invaluable. In that regard there’s a bit of Suarez in him - caged beast who also favors his right but can score in variety of ways

A bronco
He does seem unpredictable. Technique though. Could be very frustrating in Barca environment.

bastardo

A bronco
Suarez was very tricky when it comes to dribbling in tight defense situation though. Roque seems more rigid in his dribbling, a bit like (dare I say it) depay.

vegitot

Suarez was a beast when it comes to taking opponent 1 on 1. Great in tight space too and extremely unpredictable.

This Roque guy looks like don't have these things. But as long as he has good awareness, finishing then it is fine.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He does seem unpredictable. Technique though. Could be very frustrating in Barca environment.
Yeah, that could happen I agree. Brazilian talents are a roll of the dice for many reasons and truthfully he isn’t really the prototypical forward Barca target. Yet, that aggressive unpredictability makes him very intriguing - I think goalscorers are a particular profile of footballer. They need aggression, fearlessness, strength, skill & a nose for goal - he seems to have all of that

Morphologically he looks like he could be prone to putting on weight so training staff will have to ensure he develops his physique to serve his & Barca’s game rather than handcuff either

From there personality is important and while it’s still early days, I’ve read a fair bit that he is a humble & hardworking player. We’ll see

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Suarez was very tricky when it comes to dribbling in tight defense situation though. Roque seems more rigid in his dribbling, a bit like (dare I say it) depay.
No question but early days Luisito was similar IMHO in terms of a bull rush with his dribbling

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Suarez was a beast when it comes to taking opponent 1 on 1. Great in tight space too and extremely unpredictable.

This Roque guy looks like don't have these things. But as long as he has good awareness, finishing then it is fine.
Yeah I don’t agree with that, I mean comparisons to Suarez aren’t going to favour Roque since Luis is a legend but there are similarities and I particularly love the zest with which he plays as a pressing/attacking player. We don’t have a profile like this at Barca, at any youth level either

Messi983

The player is expected to join the Club for the 2024/25 season and will sign a contract until the 2030/31 season with a buy out clause of 500 million euros.

Home of Barca Fans