Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Messi983

He's so wasted in that team with grandpas Fernandinho and Vidal. Should do everything we can to bring him in January.

bastardo

Game is on but can't say I have been watching. Rayan has lost a bit of momentum and has been on the bench as of late. Which is normal for his age. Usually gets on in the second half these days... like Endrick.
For a second, I thought this was talking about Rayan Cherki another wonder kid. I was like wait, whats he doing in brazil at his age?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Love the rumors about him joining us this summer now that Dembele is gone. I don’t often have faith in these kind of players, but I just feel different with this guy. He has that dog in him. Bring him now!!!

FinBarcelonafan

Love the rumors about him joining us this summer now that Dembele is gone. I don’t often have faith in these kind of players, but I just feel different with this guy. He has that dog in him. Bring him now!!!
He is on a great form right now. It definitely added some hype. Since he signed with Barca he's been on fire.

Porque

Andre Curry interview in AS

In the Brasileirão, Vitor Roque has already shown a lot. What potential do you see?
Spectacular. A great player, a great player.

-But now for Barcelona?
Yes, you can play tomorrow. You can arrive on Friday and play on Sunday. Vitor Roque is top. He has power, strength and a very good job for this modern football. He has hit, goal.

-For the ordinary fan who still knows you, what player would Vitor Roque's game look like?
He reminds a lot of Ronaldo Nazario for power. He is having a very good season. He stayed 40 days with the South American. If you count the goals of the South American Under-20 with all the others, I think he gave 22 goals, 10 assists, five penalties caused and in all the games he has participated in the club's goals. In the team he is in, it is not Palmeiras or Flamengo who offer more in attack. It is a mid-table team.
-How did you discover Vitor Roque?
I have been working with him for six or seven years. He still worked at Barcelona, he told the club. I discovered him together with 'Messinho'. Vitor played for America MG and he (Messinho) played for Cruzeiro. I always informed Barca to sign them both. Later when I left the club, in July 2020, I also told other clubs about them. I was certain that this was going to happen because he is a different player. He is a life seeker, wherever. You put him there, in any club, with a contract and he will do things.

-Endrick is different?
As I said, Vitor Roque is a go-getter. Endrick is a great player, but he has had many facilities because he has played in Palmeiras, which is a very top team. Vitor, on the other hand, played in a very low team (Cruzeiro), which had many financial problems. He had no team to shine. Football on top of that too, playing in Palmeiras is much easier. You play there with Rapahel Veiga, Dudu, Rony... you have five scoring chances per game. At Athletico Paranaense you hardly have any. You have to attack spaces and everything. Vitor has matured much more, but Endrick is a good player. The two are not tall, between 1'73 or 74 meters each, but Vitor seems much taller than he is on the field because he looks for space, fights, uses his back a lot, his body... with this he grows a lot.

It is a comparison. I think that if Vitor played in Palmeiras he could score twice as many goals because there the ball goes to the striker at all times. If you look at Endrick's goals, I don't know right now, but of the eight or nine goals he has scored in his career, seven have come from inside the small area and from a rebound.

-You who work in clubs, all these players would be in all the technical secretariats. Barcelona would have monitored Endrick and Madrid Vitor Roque...
Yes, but there are more players too. This has exploded with the media, with marketing. For Endrick, I think the media have sold it and now you charge it at that price. They have given him a wave much greater than he could be. Not even Neymar had such a big wave. I'm talking about decent players who didn't have a wave of these and less at this age like Endrick's. Obviously you put pressure on the kid for which he is not prepared and you expect much more from the player, but sometimes they don't arrive. He is a good player, but they have to be patient here as they were with Rodrygo and Vinicius.
---

Actually the whole interview is interesting. Has gems like this

Barcelona had an offer from Manchester City that reached 200 million euros for Leo Messi a year before he left and they did not want to sell him. A year before. They knew he was going to terminate the contract.
On Vini to Barcelona
It was done. We didn't do the operation before because of the player's agents, who I don't talk to anymore and were my best friends. They were the groomsmen of my children and I of theirs, of both of us. In the end he changed to Madrid when this company, which was TFM (now RocNation), his main client was Barcelona in operations that never went well (Douglas).

Home of Barca Fans