Wayne Rooney

Unbiased United

Rooney is probably the most underrated player on these forums.

You guys might not like him now, but you'd soon change your mind if he played for your team. You have to watch Rooney match in, match out to fully appreciate what he brings to the table. He might not score as many as some of the big names, nor does he have the silky skills some of them do.

What he does have though is something else. He is the heartbeat of the team, and if he plays well its pretty much a given that the team will. He's a workhorse, puts a shift in like no other, he has a fantastic range of passing and has great awareness....and importantly he has the ability to pull something amazing out of nothing.

I'd be gutted to see him leave United and I also think there is absolutely nothing in rubbish they've printed in the papers, but in a strange way I'd quite like to see him play for a big team outside of the Premier League at some point.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
When he is off form though he is really bad & it happens too much imo.

I agree about the paper talk though, nonsense. Because he was dropped for one game to Nani who is actually a natural winger..

mobster_1930

Why we shouldn't go for him:
1. We'd have to change our formation for him to work
2. He'd be expensive
3. He's on a very high wage already
4. He supposedly hasn't been that good this season
5. He doesn't know Spanish and can barely make himself understood in English

Why we should go for him :

1. He is ManU third (or fourth) all time goal scorer, aged just 27
2. He is clinical, lethal and dangerous player
3. His workrate is fantastic
4. His peak years are right now
5. He really likes Barca

I would take him even for 40mil.€. He would be a beast here. I don't know why SAF played him in the middle this season, he is natural CF or SS. It would be a shame if we miss opportunity if ManU decides to put him on the market.

Antimadridista1

I would like to see him in Barcelone (more than Aguero or Neymar) specially because of his workrate and the way he defends... He gives everything when he plays, I just love it .
But as some of you guys said before, Tito would have to change our formation again after Cesc's insertion. Anyway... Neymar looks close to FCBarcelona and the club just don't have enough money if they want to buy a CB and a GK.

ceefoo

"Wayne Rooney will be at Manchester United next season" - Sir Alex Ferguson (Press Conference Mar-8-2013)

I think this is a mistake. There will be no better time to cash-in on Rooney. He will be 28 in October and imo will only have two years longer at the level he is at.

Rooney's strength is his high energy game. He has been playing 1st team football since he was 16. He has a heavy build which would suggest he will struggle to keep the weight off in later years. And he is not going to improve as a player any more.

Rooney never went on to fulfil the early promise he showed as a teenager and has not made the impact at International level we expected after his sensational perfomances at Euro 2004.

The problem is, there are only a limited number of clubs that could afford him. Only 2 in EPL (Man City & Chelsea). Plus European clubs like RM, PSG and Anzhi.

I can't see City going back in for him but Chelsea could be an option with Fernando Torres' top-class career appearing to be over.

Don't think RM rate him that high, and there is no way a son of Croxteth is going to move his family to Russia.

That only leaves PSG. It would be close to home and is a team that means business amongst Europes elite.

G

Gannicus

Rooney would fit in Barca's system, he would fit in any system, he is awesome on his day.

Even though Fergie said what he did, i still think he's going to leave, the time for Man United to cash on him is now while his value is still high.

S7_MUFC

Rooney would fit in Barca's system, he would fit in any system, he is awesome on his day.

Even though Fergie said what he did, i still think he's going to leave, the time for Man United to cash on him is now while his value is still high.
There is absolutely no need to cash in on Rooney,adding extra 20m on transfer kitty is not going to make any significant difference considering current price for world class players.

Home of Barca Fans