Wayne Rooney

S

Smile

Uh... what? Do you really want me to pull player and manager quotes OUTSIDE THE UK who talk highly about Rooney? Highly as in the best in what he does or how fantastic he is and how he's one of the best players in the world and i'm talking people like Pep/Messi/Ronaldo/Mourihno/Xavi and i can go on and on tbh and I think these people and other people involved within the game from all corners of the globe know what they are talking about more than you and other keyboard warriors.

I stick with what i say, the day Rooney leaves United or IF he ever leaves, he will have his pick of any club he wishes and how do i know this? Because its happened - When he said he said he wanted to leave United less than 2 years ago, every club came sniffing, nothing as changed, these same clubs are still sniffing and this alone tells me everything i need to know about Rooney's status in world football and how good he is.

Last edited:

Jenks

Uh... what? Do you really want me to pull player and manager quotes OUTSIDE THE UK who talk highly about Rooney?

Not really. You can find similar quotes about almost every player playing at the top level. At present Rooney probably isn't even in the top 20.

ceefoo

Footballers in general don't see as much football as you'd think.
They obviously watch video analysis of upcoming opponents and get a first hand look if playing against them, but a lot won't sit through entire matches from different leagues like a fan would.
So when it comes to a high profile player waxing lyrical about another, it should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I'm not saying discount anything they say about a fellow a pro, but they will only usually talk about a players strengths and not his weaknesses.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
The points that were questioned were how when he's off form he's really bad and his touch and passing goes

Ah, I misunderstood you then. I thought we were questioning Rooney's quality as a player in general. My bad.

D

Don_Andrés

Subbed off today. This is starting to have a hint of Beckham's last season at Man Utd. Missing games, dropped and subbed off etc.

D

Don_Andrés

Started on the subs bench today. When he came on, he played played CM, looks like he didn't really want to play there, sloppy in possession etc. I wonder what the fee would be if Utd decided to sell?

xavisionary

if not his final definitely his penultimate season with United. He's a money grabbing bastard at heart, so he'll go to the highest bidder. Even if that highest bidder is CITEH.

D

Don_Andrés

I wasn't intimating at anything. I was just saying. It looks likes Fergie's favourite new pet is Van Persie. At the expense of Rooney and Hernandez, both of whom haven't played much recently and might both be leaving the club? I'd just say in the two seasons that Rooney played as a striker he's 30+ goals in both those seasons. That's all.

Home of Barca Fans