Wayne Rooney

impeh

Hi, its me..
he wont leave, he was dropped for tactical reasons and our press typically made a load of crap up about him leaving.

Jenks

I think the comments from Roy Keane about 'the writing's on the wall for Rooney' probably encouraged the press reaction more than anything.

Antimadridista1

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Source: "Only time will tell if Wayne leaves United at the end of this season, but if that happens then he would love to go to Barcelona."

Source: "Wayne watches Barcelona all the time. He has first-hand experience of how good they are and is a huge admirer of their football."

Source: "I'm sure Wayne (Rooney) wouldn’t be short of offers, but Barcelona are head and shoulders above the rest in his eyes." [daily star]

We all know that Rooney loves Barcelona but... can it be possible ? what do you guys thing about that ?

K

Karnivore

He's certainly good enough, a front pairing of Rooney/Messi would be sensational.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Overrated, not ability-wise but very inconsistent. Especially for a player who's role isn't to score goals or dribble or assist but use his creativity and awareness to spread the ball and connect attack and midfield. Like Iniesta, when he's off the whole team suffers. And Rooney is usually off his game far too many times.

He would add nothing to Barca btw except one more occupant on the bench.

S

Smile

I wouldn't say he's inconsistent, he's on his game for 80% of the season so that is not inconsistent. It just takes him a long time to get match sharpness after injury or when he's not played for a while (ie when a World Cup is about to start), but on his day he in my opinion he is the best striker in the world in what he brings to the table, there's no one like him who can do what he can do, hence why he's generally the best allround player on FIFA games, i know its a bit silly bringing a computer game into this, but you know what i mean? He as these quality's, people can see them and they've been made into a game that tries to be realistic as possible.

Saying that i do think he as a expiration date, i can't see him still being a WC player at 32/33, certainly he won't be doing what Giggs is doing now.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Rooney is quite a good player, but I just can't see him in a Barca shirt. I'm not quite sure why, but I think he would stick out as a sore thumb and wouldn't contribute here nearly as much as he can back at United.

I think he has the right work ethic to succeed at Barca, and I think he would be able to handle the quick passing game, but at the same time I don't think he is a game changer which is what we need, someone who can take pressure of Messi like Henry and to a certain extend Eto'o use to, same thing that Villa use to do prior to to his leg break

0n0mat0p0eia

There are quite a few problems against Rooney coming to Barca, but dont imagine that 'he is not good enough' is one of them.

He has adapted this year to playing behind the main forward (van Persie) and could play the same role behind Messi.

He can see a pass, he can beat a man, he can shoot and score from outside the box. His work ethic is second to none.

DavidVillano1

RVP has been on poor form for weeks and as per usual fails to deliver in the big games in Europe, does this regularly for Holland.

Rooney for me is still a better footballer than RVP, but the latter is currently a better goalscorer. Although I agree with the comments that Rooney is not suited to playing a wide forward role for Barcelona and his touch/passing often can be of a pub level standard which can't happen at Barcelona due to the footballing style.

DavidVillano1

So true, David, Rooney's second touch too many times is a tackle, cos his first touch is so bad. He still is a marvellous footballer though.
Without doubt. On his day he's a fantastic footballer. Still don't think he fulfilled his potential and doesn't have that flash style that he did at a young age.

Used be able to skip by players for fun, hardly see that these days. Although maybe his adaptability and his desire to run into the ground for Ferguson in any position has caught up with him and he's lost that quickness.

S

Smile

Without doubt. On his day he's a fantastic footballer. Still don't think he fulfilled his potential and doesn't have that flash style that he did at a young age.

Used be able to skip by players for fun, hardly see that these days. Although maybe his adaptability and his desire to run into the ground for Ferguson in any position has caught up with him and he's lost that quickness.

Widely regarded as one of the best players in the world and not fulfilled his potential :facepalm: so come on then what is this 'potential' he's not fulfilled?

Rooney as developed into a player with far more quality's than he ever showed at a young age so he as fulfilled his potential and more, put it this way no matter what you/i or anyone here says about Rooney IF he left Manchester United he will have his pick of any club in the world and i mean ANY, so for me that says it all about Rooney, the player he was/who he is now and what he's achieved in his career and how he's regarded in general.

Home of Barca Fans