Wayne Rooney

DucdeOrléans

Apparently Rooney has changed his twitter profile to term himself a 'NikeUK athlete' as opposed to 'Manchester Utd Player'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/09/wayne-rooney-twitter-manchester-united

One of my mates on Facebook (life-long Man Utd fan and local Mancunian) mentioned that Tom Cleverley pulled off a similar move on Twitter. So I don't think that such a move is necessarily a indication of him leaving. There have been rumors of him wanting to leave all season long.

Here is a link btw:

https://twitter.com/tomclevz23

Gilberto

In my opinion Rooney is a great player. Curious to see who will buy him. United do have too many strikers though.

Kerrybai

In my opinion Rooney is a great player. Curious to see who will buy him. United do have too many strikers though.

Well RVP and Hernandez have that position covered. Rooney is been played as a number 10 at the moment but Kagawa can fill in there nicely...basically Rooney isn't justifying his 200k a week when Kagawa can take his role. United will make 30-40 on him and will free up a massive wage packet. The sort of wages that would easily get a player like Bale into the club.

Last edited:

Jenks

If he's the main striker I'd be confident he'll score 30+ wherever he goes. His shit seasons have only ever precede him wanting out. Even then season he's scored 16 in 36 this year and is second in the assists table after Mata.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well if he did join Chelsea he'd be that, he has no place in the attacking trio. Mourinho may be able to get the best out of him. But hopefully we sign Cavani or something. No idea why we got Schurrle when he can't even score 15 goals in Germany. That said he's young so he may become a good striker in the end.

K

kingleo

i am hearing its almost certain that Rooney will sign for Chelsea, he wants the move, united will sell and Mourinho wants him!!!

Home of Barca Fans