Wayne Rooney

Jenks

I think Rooney's fate was sealed the moment he asked to leave. Fergie will always make sure a player leaves on his terms and not theirs.

Kerrybai

he was never really that good. He had one great season but that's it. I never understood the hype.

He's a quality player in fairness, good finishing, great passing etc. He has even done quite well when thrown into midfield. However he never did quite live up to the potential he showed at Euro 2004. Back then he could turn defenders and would regularly take on people 1v1.

DavidVillano1

Wayne Rooney is a very good footballer and has a superb return for Man United. He's underrated at times but very overrated as well. Was never one of the best players in the world or on a Messi/Ronaldo level, but is still a class footballer.

The two main problems I have with Rooney are that when he's off form his touch and passing is terrible, secondly he never went on to be the player I thought he might have. He's become more productive rather than the explosive Rooney that first came onto the scene.

Still think he's better overall than Van Persie, but the latter is a better striker.

Jenks

You have to remember though, that when they were teenagers, Rooney was a better player than Ronaldo. He's younger too. It's no wonder there was the hype that there was, especially as he's English.

Banana-Rama

the problem with rooney is the wages he is on, he is on massive money, comparable to the biggest earners in world football, unfortunately his performances on the pitch are not justifying his earnings at the moment, he has not looked motivated at all this season, physically he is not as fit as he should be either, he has to improve considerably or united will be looking to get him off the wage bill, i think united will give him another season but if he is the same next season then united will look to get rid, they may have trouble finding a club willing to match his wages that he is willing to go to tho, cannot see rooney trying to learn russian down at anzhi makhakhala myself :lol:

Jenks

With Fergie leaving, I can definitely see Rooney following him out the door, especially if Moyes is the next manager.

DucdeOrléans

Rumors of him moving to Bayern München. A strange decision if true. Would Pep really want him? I struggle to see a place for him at Bayern.

I can't imagine Rooney outside of the UK either. Would be hilarious to see him attempting to speak German.

Also when was the last time that an English player had success in the Bundesliga? Since the days of Kevin Keegan? Owen Hargreaves does not really count IMO.

I have always rated Rooney highly and I actually feel that many underrate him outside of the UK. I don't know what it is but he does not strike me as a player who has more than 4-5 good years left unless he adapts to a completely different role as a midfielder.

DucdeOrléans

Ha yeah the thought of Moyes back managing Rooney is hilarious. Wayne's off...Arsenal maybe?

Arsenal? You got to be kidding me. I can't see him leaving Man UTD for a club inside England. Unless he leaves for City or Chelsea who are the only ones who would afford his fee and who would probably be willing to buy him. The question is whether Man Utd would allow such a move. I doubt it.

I am sure that PSG are interested though. So that might happen in case he leaves.

He should try learning English first.

:lol:

I think that he is completely understandable just as Sir Alex is. It's just dialects.

Carragher on the other hand seems to be more difficult to understand for a non-native English speaker as myself although one could get used to it.

Kerrybai

The problem is he is on 200k on a week and he's not justifying those wages. Who would match them? He may have to take a pay cut wherever he goes.

Home of Barca Fans