Wayne Rooney

Andrew M

Well if he did join Chelsea he'd be that, he has no place in the attacking trio. Mourinho may be able to get the best out of him. But hopefully we sign Cavani or something. No idea why we got Schurrle when he can't even score 15 goals in Germany. That said he's young so he may become a good striker in the end.

Bundesliga is a tougher league ;)

God help us if Tito manages to convince the board to sign him....

My thoughts exactly

K

kingleo

apparently he is going to be benched against Swansea! I doubt he will be to excited with the title celebrations afterwards.

adil_909

lol what a spoiled child. the summer holidays are long, you can force your exit out then. why do you have to be so petulant to try and overshadow the retirement of two of the most important people of united's past?

loozy

Well if he did join Chelsea he'd be that, he has no place in the attacking trio. Mourinho may be able to get the best out of him. But hopefully we sign Cavani or something. No idea why we got Schurrle when he can't even score 15 goals in Germany. That said he's young so he may become a good striker in the end.

Because Schürrle has one move, kind of like Robben; he comes from out wide and moves to the middle. His shooting technique is just not that developed yet; he either has to come up with a finer technique or get some new moves, otherwise he'll be figured out quickly. He has been lacking in other departments, like defensive work or teamwork (not that this factors into his tally of goals scored).

Superfly

Banned
lol what a spoiled child. the summer holidays are long, you can force your exit out then. why do you have to be so petulant to try and overshadow the retirement of two of the most important people of united's past?

He requested a transfer three weeks ago.

loozy

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but didn't he leave Everton because he and Moyes clashed? I can see why he'd want to transfer away from Yernited tbh.

Kerrybai

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but didn't he leave Everton because he and Moyes clashed? I can see why he'd want to transfer away from Yernited tbh.

I'm not sure about that but i believe he had a legal battle over defamation. Fergue said today that he requested a transfer but he's not going to be sold.

ceefoo

Moyes sued Rooney a few years ago i dont think there is any chance of Rooney staying!
The problem a footballer in HIS wage bracket has is; they basically price themselves out of the market. There are a lot of clubs that would be a good fit (playing wise) for Rooney, but you could probably count on the fingers of ONE HAND, those that would meet his wage demands.

Options in :
ENGLAND:
1. Chelsea - They would have no problems paying his substantial salary.
2. Man City - Went in for him once already. Don't see them going back. Although imo, he would go there if he had the chance now.
3. Arsenal - A miniscule possibility IF Usmanov takes over. Although it would blow their pay-structure out of the water, so imo there is less than 1% chance of this happening.

FRANCE
PSG

GERMANY
Bayern Munich - Pep didn't want him when he was Barca coach, so would he really want him now?

RUSSIA
None - Can you see Wayne moving with his family to Eastern Europe? No, me neither.

ITALY
None - Italian clubs don't get the revenue anymore to fund a deal this big.

SPAIN
None - Both Barca and RM have declared they are not interested.

So, there you have it ... a grand total of THREE clubs that Rooney could realistically go to this summer.
1. Chelsea
2. PSG
3. Bayern Munich

My best bet would be Chel$ki. :greedy:

Jenks

He's been overrated for so long, now he seems to be underrated. These dips in form have only ever coincided with him wanting out. He's no world beater by any means, but if he goes to a team he's happy at next season, then expect 30+ goals.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I admit to not watching Utd play regularly but if Metaphysical says his body and lifestyle is catching up with him I take his word for it. Rooney doesn't strike me as a player that keeps fit into his mid 30's either.

Home of Barca Fans