Wayne Rooney

I

instinct

German sources report it today. But they refer on Sport ( :VdB: ). They talk about 12m + Thiago for Rooney which seems very realistic to me. Though, I don't think that this is true. But tbh I would not mind buying rooney as long as we buy a good defender.

Ursegor

World Champion
I'd take him. Even in a completely unmotivated season where he has been pushed around in midfield or rightback (against Madrid :lol:) and stuff he's delivering 15+ goals and 10+ assists. He could permanently play infront of Messi as a CF like Villa did against Milan with Alves working the whole flank on his own and he'd easily produce 25+ goals in a season.

Neymar---------Rooney------------------
------------------------Messi--------Alves
-------------Iniesta------------------------
------------------------------Xavi----------
-----------------Busquets------------------
----------------------------------------------
Alba---------CB---------Pique------------

I'm absolutely fine with this. There is no defense in the world that could handle Messi-Iniesta-Neymar-Rooney. Problem might be that Rooney is thick as fuck. I can't imagine him ever learning Spanish. No idea how he'd adapt. Not going to happen though. Rooney is worth at least € 40 million if not more.

KluivertsBoots

Rooney is attention starved and washed up as a frontman. RVP showed United real quality for the first time in a few years and pushed Rooney into the midfield/bench inside of a year.

No thanks.

Zebulun

What for? We need a CB, already got Neymar for the attack.

well "in my opinion" its about thinking smart in a shitty situation. if Thiago decides to leave we cannot do anything about it. If we were getting about 35 Mil or higher, everyone would be happier in a sense. but 18 mil? he'll instantly become a mercenary. I've heard even ronaldinho gets booed from gremio fans up to this day with how he left for psg. Oh and btw not too long ago did we bid 20 mil for fernando torres. So paying next to nothing for rooney seemed like a bargain to me.

F

Flavia

well "in my opinion" its about thinking smart in a shitty situation. if Thiago decides to leave we cannot do anything about it. If we were getting about 35 Mil or higher, everyone would be happier in a sense. but 18 mil? he'll instantly become a mercenary. I've heard even ronaldinho gets booed from gremio fans up to this day with how he left for psg. Oh and btw not too long ago did we bid 20 mil for fernando torres. So paying next to nothing for rooney seemed like a bargain to me.
Next to nothing? You think Rooney would be cheap? He wouldn't. Not to mention his high wages. If Tito wants to fit T.Silva, there's no way another high profile forward is coming. This is just media bs, as usual.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Next to nothing? You think Rooney would be cheap? He wouldn't. Not to mention his high wages. If Tito wants to fit T.Silva, there's no way another high profile forward is coming. This is just media bs, as usual.

A lot of things which should go against even considering Rooney.

Its his wage demands, he is unfit, he whines a lot, and the language barrier. Could become the next Mark Hughes, but luckily we're not even considering to sign him! :D

B

beautifulgame

Lol stop the bs..

Man U has wanted to sell Rooney but none of the biggest teams are interested.

Butaan4barca

I'd take him. Even in a completely unmotivated season where he has been pushed around in midfield or rightback (against Madrid :lol:) and stuff he's delivering 15+ goals and 10+ assists. He could permanently play infront of Messi as a CF like Villa did against Milan with Alves working the whole flank on his own and he'd easily produce 25+ goals in a season.

I'm absolutely fine with this. There is no defense in the world that could handle Messi-Iniesta-Neymar-Rooney. Problem might be that Rooney is thick as fuck. I can't imagine him ever learning Spanish. No idea how he'd adapt. Not going to happen though. Rooney is worth at least € 40 million if not more.

alexis > rooney. We already have him. So no thanks to rooney.

Butaan4barca

exactly if thiago is so desperate to go, and so is rooney. We don't need rooney, manu desperately need thiago. Rooney has high wages. So all this crap thiago plus the amount. not possible.

ebc_99

That does look good on paper, Rooney at his best with the right attitude would be a great player to have at the club and I think he would thrive with less pressure environment he will have as Messi and Neymar will be seen as the main men. But he doesn't seem to have the fire he used to and would probably struggle to adapt to the culture and lifestyle in Barcelona.

0n0mat0p0eia

And with Alba bombing forward, 2-2-6 seems so balanced...

Home of Barca Fans