Wayne Rooney

DavidVillano1

I had to provide some stats, because obviously you don't watch the matches...
Wish this forum had a likes function, this would have been liked by me. :p

People are entitled to their opinion, if people prefer Rooney that's fair enough, nothing major about it as he's a class player. However it's the OTT comments about him being far superior and some the underrating of Mata that's just wrong in this thread.

mixer

1359404320_tank_crossing.gif
tumblr_m4uqeljOGX1qf2gzq.gif

Ursegor

World Champion
Yet nearly every Man United fan on redcafe are saying they would be stupid to turn down such a deal and Mata is worth more than Rooney. But hey some guy on Barcelona forum is right and everyone else is wrong. Wayne Rooney is a god of a footballer who's ten times better than Mata and if he goes to Chelsea will suddenly get 45+ goals/assists in one season..... :lol:

Since when is Redcafe the benchmark for player judgement? You don't have to be Einstein to realize that Redcafe are butthurt because Rooney "the Scouse bastard" handed in his second transfer request in 3 years.

Scoring around 30 goals isn't something alien to Rooney, I don't know what you're on about. Last season he scored 27 goals in 34 Premier League games. In 09 / 10 he scored 26 in 32 games. With mediocrity like Carrick, Anderson, Young and Cleverley supplying him. His form only drops whenever SAF is messing around with his position and tries to convert him into a central midfielder. Mourinho will utilize him properly.

As for the lies about the EPL stats, Mata scored 12 and assisted 12, Rooney had 12 and 10. Mata made 8 more appearances, but let's not ignore Rooney plays further forward for United and Mata often dropped deep for Chelsea whilst he had to supply for Torres and Rooney had RVP. But hey I don't expect you to grasp that claim going by your previous comments, next you will be comparing Luiz goalscoring etc with Rooney.

Many great players don't start for Spain.

You're trippin'. Mata doesn't play deeper than Rooney at all. Here is the heat map.

2013%2f7%2fRooney-Mata.png

That "he only had Torres" argument goes both ways obviously. Young, Welbeck, Cleverley, Anderson and 40 year old Giggs isn't exactly the most fearsome supporting cast for Rooney.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ok so here is what apparently happened.

Chelsea lodged a 10m bid for Rooney which was rejected right away by Man Utd. Chelsea leaks this info to the press to unsettle Rooney.

Man Utd then tell their friends in the press that Chelsea bid 10m + either Mata or Luiz which was false as Chelsea never included a player in a deal.

War.

I

instinct

Chelsea lodged a 10m bid for Rooney which was rejected right away by Man Utd. Chelsea leaks this info to the press to unsettle Rooney.

Man Utd then tell their friends in the press that Chelsea bid 10m + either Mata or Luiz which was false as Chelsea never included a player in a deal.

War.

:mou:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

War.
Moyes got brains :worthy:

Can't blame Chelsea though, they probably based that 10M offer on Villa's transfer to Atlético.

:lol:

Martindn

Moyes got brains :worthy:

Not liking this new public view into our club tbh, dont think its moyes leaking all this shit hes got enough on his hands acclimatizing, its probably woodward the new ceo. Its like airing the dirty laundry, its making us look weak feel like a fan of fucking arsenal.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Not liking this new public view into our club tbh, dont think its moyes leaking all this shit hes got enough on his hands acclimatizing, its probably woodward the new ceo. Its like airing the dirty laundry, its making us look weak feel like a fan of fucking arsenal.
I haave a feeling it might have been a wanted leak... coz Rooney is a fan favourite in England, don't know how far it is valid with Chelsea fans though, so may be they are trying to lure them by offering Rooney

S7_MUFC

If we really leaked this mata info than it's the best thing moyes has done since he was appointed as manager,Yesterday jose was talking about how Rooney being second fiddle to RVP will affect his form with National Team now this should shut him off and this signals that United will not sell rooney to chelsea at any cost.........It may also unsettle mata with rumors that jose doesn't want him at chelsea.....:worthy:

ammarfcb

ze special one
this going so public can only benefit mou. shit move by man utd to respond #AmateurMoyes.

"Overall, my thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him."
u don't say shit like that when the player u wanna keep is unsettled

impeh

Hi, its me..
Jose Mourinho reveals Wayne Rooney is Chelsea's only transfer target

Mourinho: We want the player, we made a bid and now it's up to Manchester United

Home of Barca Fans