Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcilliant

Does Unzue have the big personality to handle star playes? Does he have the tactical nous?

I would like Allegri here. An out of the box experiment. The board aren't brave enough though.

Raketa10

My God are we really considering Unzue? Wtf is wrong with this board? Those idiots can't even find a proper manager. We are Barca we should have a world class manager and not a guy whose biggest achievement was beeing assistant to LE.

I really hate Bartomeu and this entire board! Those idiots are going to ruin the club.

Last edited:

Machina

Does Unzue have the big personality to handle star playes? Does he have the tactical nous?

1487541562_521426_1487541660_noticia_normal.jpg

khaled_a_d

I think the Unzue rumor is rubbish, but we really know nothing about the guy to like or hate him.
Many assistant coaches has succeeded before and not all of them are the same as the coaches they worked with.
And I don't get the whole Tito 2 thing,Tito won us the league with an all time record in his 1st season,yeah we were humiliated against Bayern but b4 his illness we were the best team in Europe. His health destroyed everything tbh
Not that I like Unzue as a choice. But he is unknown and I think it is foolish to pretend otherwise

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I think the Unzue rumor is rubbish, but we really know nothing about the guy to like or hate him.
Many assistant coaches has succeeded before and not all of them are the same as the coaches they worked with.
And I don't get the whole Tito 2 thing,Tito won us the league with an all time record in his 1st season,yeah we were humiliated against Bayern but b4 his illness we were the best team in Europe. His health destroyed everything tbh
Not that I like Unzue as a choice. But he is unknown and I think it is foolish to pretend otherwise

Assistant coaches are usually appointed when the manager is sacked, so it's natural that they try different style, but in this instance, the board wanted Lucho to stay, so the main reason for Unzue's appointment would be to keep changes to a minimum.

And I don't think it's rubbish, MD, Sport and Cadena Ser reported it and Pique and Rakitic already said that Unzue is a great candidate.

Garrus

There is an outstanding lack of knowledge and insight about the history of our club, Over the recent years a lot of new fans jumped on the bandwagon, With no basic understanding, Of why FCB is successful the way it is.

Did you know that we massed 47 trophies in the last 28 years, Making us the most successful European club over that period, Does even know why???, What's so special about us??
I don't remember us having a "world class" and a "popular" coach, Even Johan Cruyff himself had an unremarkable managerial career at ajax before coming to us, Neither did Frank Rijkaard, Pep guardiola, Or luis enrique, Yet all of them made history with our club.

The reason we're successful is because of our football philosophy, The teachings of Rinus Michels and Johan Cruyff that has strong roots to total football, The latter one being the first one to implement it in FCB, These ideas which were later adapted and modified with their own unique touches by the likes of Rijkaard, Pep and enrique, A philosophy that has much more to it than simply being an attacking team.

If anyone understanding of football is limited to:
Cram "world class" players + Hire "Popular" coach= Enjoy long lasting success
Well bad news for you, Football doesn't work like that, RM have been doing this for the last 16 years with no worthy results, Same with these "Bought" clubs, Chelsea, MC, And PSG.

The future coaching job of FCB isn't a goddamn popularity contest, Our coach needs to be familiar and previously engrossed with our style of football, As a player or any other position.
Just because some coach that appears to have no ties with us, Is playing something that resembles an attacking football, Doesn't make him the right one for us.
Sampaoli?, Allegri?, Yeah nice joke.

Unzue seems like a reasonable choice, And i'm 100% with this decision, Eusebio is also a good candidate.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Assistant coaches are usually appointed when the manager is sacked, so it's natural that they try different style, but in this instance, the board wanted Lucho to stay, so the main reason for Unzue's appointment would be to keep changes to a minimum.

And I don't think it's rubbish, MD, Sport and Cadena Ser reported it and Pique and Rakitic already said that Unzue is a great candidate.

Sometimes it takes only 1 tabloid to say it for the others to report it but you never know with the media.
And I wasn't actually talking about situations of managers being sacked,Low for example was assistant coach,most recent Gio is doing better job at Feynoord,though I won't deny such trend is more with NT than clubs

BBZ8800

About Unzue, a good thing is that he would maybe continue with 343 if it turns out good this season.

But now, after a few days of Unzue rumors, I am afraid because he is a former Goalkeeper.

The only 2 successful Gks ever (as managers) are Italian Dino Zoff and Usa's Bruce Arena.

I don't want to be rude towards Unzue, but currently I would prefer some midfielder, or some playmaking defender (as Koeman) in the worst case.

Garrus

About Unzue, a good thing is that he would maybe continue with 343 if it turns out good this season.

But now, after a few days of Unzue rumors, I am afraid because he is a former Goalkeeper.

The only 2 successful Gks ever (as managers) are Italian Dino Zoff and Usa's Bruce Arena.

I don't want to be rude towards Unzue, but currently I would prefer some midfielder, or some playmaking defender (as Koeman) in the worst case.
Ah wait a second, What?
Your playing position as a player determines you coaching ability in the future??
That means some one who hardly played football is pretty much doomed!...................Sacchi and wenger say hi

Your comment is preposterous in all levels and absurd, Your career playing position or how even good you were, Has no impact in one's brain ability to take interests in tactics and coaching.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sometimes it takes only 1 tabloid to say it for the others to report it but you never know with the media.
And I wasn't actually talking about situations of managers being sacked,Low for example was assistant coach,most recent Gio is doing better job at Feynoord,though I won't deny such trend is more with NT than clubs

Iniesta, Pique and Rakitic were asked about Unzue and while it's normal for anyone to praise him and remain neutral, they went further than that and talked about how they trust him more than anyone else and how good tactically he is, and Pique also pointed out that he's been with the club for a long time like under Pep too.

khaled_a_d

Ah wait a second, What?
Your playing position as a player determines you coaching ability in the future??
That means some one who hardly played football is pretty much doomed!...................Sacchi and wenger say hi

Your comment is preposterous in all levels and absurd, Your career playing position or how even good you were, Has no impact in one's brain ability to take interests in tactics and coaching.

Coaches came from all backgrounds,but tbf with BBZ there is more trend towards coaches who had successful career as players and played in midfield
Zidane,Lucho,Ancelotti,Matteo,,Heynckes & Pep were all successful players who played in midfield or attack and they are the winners of last 6 CL titles. All Barca CL winners coaches played in midfield/attack too.

I mean you have just linked our success to sticking to those who has link with the club (something BBZ agree with btw) but have a problem with someone else linking it to another factor who is still legit?

Our overall play that season was always incredibly mediocre, even before tito's illness. It's just that we managed to scrape results in la liga which papered over the cracks. Plus rm handed la liga to us on a silver platter within the first 2 months. We were never under any kind of pressure until the cl knockouts where we were awful.

The losses to ac milan, madrid and bayern showed the true level of that team. I remember one clasico in the beginning of that season that should have ended 8-0 but higuain missed a million sitters and messi scored a ridiculous free kick so it ended 2-1.

The 100 point league win was very misleading. Honestly it was the worst barca team I've ever seen win titles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans