Wojciech Szczęsny

khaled_a_d

I read that today there's going to be a meeting to decide on whether to sign a new goalkeeper. I don't understand the point of that meeting but okay.

We have to sign a GK, there is fucking no alternative. If the board decide it's okay to have Inaki Pena as your starting GK and Astralaga acting as his only backup, they're beyond retarded.

Of course, the first option that will come to their mind is this guy. Both because of all the hype on him from the fanbase and because he really is the best of all free agent options rn. It's definitely up to him now. If he wants to come back it will happen.

I think it is about what type of deal we should target.
An immediate FA? Wait until January? Get a solid backup? Get a high potential player? How much can we afford etc

Porque

An immediate FA? Wait until January? Get a solid backup? Get a high potential player? How much can we afford etc

Weren't we eyeing Mio Baukhaus?

He hasn't played for Werder since his return. I wonder if a loan+buy option would be possible.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don’t really think he will get any flack considering the alternative is someone who isn’t even a gk lol

I’m sure Pena would double whatever blunders Scez might make.
Plenty players get flak when they clearly dont give a toss about consequences of their mistakes and that will be the case if he comes in just for banter with his oldass NT buddy and doesnt perform + lets side down

Was actually a similar case when Kepa was brought in to RM last season under promise of having improved (his best season for Chelsea year prior) to the point of being exactly the backup required. Only to find out he's still the most overrated GK around and everyone has in the process underrated and overlooked a guy that was already here
Pena obv not a Lunin. But that doesnt give way to claiming Szczesny could come in and no one would have right to complain on grounds of 'this is the best we could have got'

Horatio

You're welcome
Plenty players get flak when they clearly dont give a toss about consequences of their mistakes and that will be the case if he comes in just for banter with his oldass NT buddy and doesnt perform + lets side down

Was actually a similar case when Kepa was brought in to RM last season under promise of having improved (his best season for Chelsea year prior) to the point of being exactly the backup required. Only to find out he's still the most overrated GK around and everyone has in the process underrated and overlooked a guy that was already here
Pena obv not a Lunin. But that doesnt give way to claiming Szczesny could come in and no one would have right to complain on grounds of 'this is the best we could have got'

Kepa is not a similar case. Kepa tries. But too poor.

MontenegrinCuler

Imo the best option is to take Szczesny now and then go for a long term solution in January
It's also the most likely thing to happen, except if our economic fuckup doesnt go away until Jan

Joan

Szczesny now and Valles in January would be juicy. But I'd rather take Szczesny now than Valles in January. Our season could be done by then.

In an unlikely scenario he comes, Szczesny is the best we could've got. Because he's the only one we can (theoretically) sign right now. Not much to go by.

El Gato

Villarato!
Kepa is not a similar case. Kepa tries. But too poor.
It is in sense I described - that fans had hopes he'd do well, he turned out as shite as before and just cuz it was an attractive loan punt he wasnt immune from catching flak

Will be same with Szczesny if comes in for a holiday

Horatio

You're welcome
It is in sense I described - that fans had hopes he'd do well, he turned out as shite as before and just cuz it was an attractive loan punt he wasnt immune from catching flak

Will be same with Szczesny if comes in for a holiday

I thought there were plenty of madridistas calling out how much they disliked the idea of Kepa and would rather let Lunin try based on how he did season prior.

pers

The idea that Szczesny agree to sign contract til January shows how delusional same fans can be. IMO if he decides to sign contract you will be dealing with him for 2 years. Keep in mind his last contract with Juve was $12M. I don't know his agreement with Juve but signing contract now with Barcelona can have huge impact of what he will get out of these $12M from Juve.

khaled_a_d

Imo the best option is to take Szczesny now and then go for a long term solution in January
It's also the most likely thing to happen, except if our economic fuckup doesnt go away until Jan

We need 60M just to register both Olmo and Pau Victor. So, to get another player we need his cost + 60M.

That would be ideal, but honestly I doubt we will have the funds.

Home of Barca Fans