Wojciech Szczęsny

Horatio

You're welcome
I think he would've liked to continue playing but as a 100% starter. Not sure if Arsenal that's been mentioned would've given him that. Other than that I can't see which top clubs could offer him a starting spot.

Barca is a great opportunity for him, but of course you'd understand if he felt he was done with football. It takes a lot of mental thought and acceptance to retire. Could be tough to overturn that. Have a feeling though if he does come until summer 2025 he'd become a cult hero.

Yes first paragraph exactly repeat of what I said.

On the mental aspect…..that’s where Lewandowski and his wife come in.

pers

Hypothetically let’s assume he has come around on his decision. Barca is the only option to play for top team.

What several top clubs? Maybe that Arsenal considered him an option but pretty confident they really liked Raya.
The problem is in several interviews he said that football is just a job for him not a passion. He emphasized that he is going to work and he is happy to be back home several times while he was still Juve player. He is Lewy friend but for Lewy football is passion for Szczęsny just a job. So yes I can imagine he decide to play for Barca but he won't play if good $ on table imo.

Horatio

You're welcome
The problem is in several interviews he said that football is just a job for him not a passion. He emphasized that he is going to work and he is happy to be back home several times while he was still Juve player. He is Lewy friend but for Lewy football is passion for Szczęsny just a job. So yes I can imagine he decide to play for Barca but he won't play if good $ on table imo.

Okay, that is not good. But maybe the three weeks of reflection could’ve sparked something. Fingers crossed.

El Gato

Villarato!
Point isn't that he has no passion
Can be absolutely fine doing a dispassionate job at Barca

It's whether he's willing to sign up to get flak for it. Blowback for phoning it in might not be worth another change of direction in life

Horatio

You're welcome
Checked out some of his interviews and in one challenge he mentions the quality that he’s lazy.

It’s done. He’s not coming.

Sorin

Point isn't that he has no passion
Can be absolutely fine doing a dispassionate job at Barca

It's whether he's willing to sign up to get flak for it. Blowback for phoning it in might not be worth another change of direction in life
Don’t really think he will get any flack considering the alternative is someone who isn’t even a gk lol

I’m sure Pena would double whatever blunders Scez might make.

Horatio

You're welcome
Don’t really think he will get any flack considering the alternative is someone who isn’t even a gk lol

I’m sure Pena would double whatever blunders Scez might make.

He can get flak due to expectations. We are still paying him. If fans notice he’s doing an abominable job lacking in effort that is still a stain on his reputation and he will get criticized. Could also be considered problematic considering he wants to move to Spain.

But I feel he’s too good for that. I think with normal training he’ll easily get to a good level where he is appreciated.

Issue is he’s lazy apparently. So not liking those chances anymore.

Bevingut Karius

El Gato

Villarato!
Checked out some of his interviews and in one challenge he mentions the quality that he’s lazy.

It’s done. He’s not coming.
It's well known he's not a 'trainer'. Coaches like Mourinho would hate him.
He is, or rather thinks himself, to be the Casillas, not the Keylor Navas.
Used to (maybe still does, not sure) smoke like a chimney - main reason he enjoyed moving to Italy, fell out with Wenger over it

He is however a presence in the dressing room and keeps the group together fairly well.
Quite a joker.
What impact that has on his football has often been plain to see.
Has had one decent NT tournament in 5 he's been to because he was in with the lads from non-big5 leagues who treated them like a pinnacle of their careers

Andresito

Staff member
MD and Sport has listed the free agent options, an underwhelming list.

Sport however also mention Woj, although it's in a sense of a special case just like we're discussing it here, not that Barca have approached him. "In principle, he's not an option."

At least his name is out there.

Home of Barca Fans