Wojciech Szczęsny

Co0ter

Ter-Stegen is not good with the ball at his feet.

Stop this nonsense.

He makes so many errors with his passing, hardly any keeper costs their team as much with the ball at their feet.
He is actually very precise with his passing.

The issue is his decision making is poor and he is bad under pressure which ultimately makes his good passing skills a moot point.

FC B

He is a very good goalkeeper and always has been. Arteta wanted him as backup to Raya this season, so he is still good to go.

The reason people are excited is because an opportunity like Sze shouldn't really be available. Effectively, our poor squad planning should have meant the end of our season here.

He is not world class, but he is world class for what is available to us right now.
It's a tremendous stroke of luck for Barca. A keeper as good as him would not normally have been retired and available, proved by the fact that the next best available option is a half dead Navas.

The real tremendous stroke of luck for Barca would be if he or other GK would manage to finally push Ter Stegen out of the club, for good.

malvolio

He is actually very precise with his passing.

The issue is his decision making is poor and he is bad under pressure which ultimately makes his good passing skills a moot point.
I think Barca's issue is with the current crop in defense and lack of a good ball playing DM who can take the ball and move it forward or pass it from deep.

We put unnecessary pressure on our GK by passing back to him and letting him get the ball forward. Stegen is definitely good with his passing but put him under pressure and he'll commit mistakes.

Another recurrent issue in CL is when teams press us high and we turn to Stegen to relieve pressure. Think about the 8-2 with Bayern. Lots of mistakes were due to the fact that team was scared and passed back to GK which put under pressure is bound to commit mistakes.

Porque

It's one of those cases where the train only pass once in a lifetime.

Come out of retirement to be Barcelona's first team goalie for a season?

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

wisconsincule

Ter-Stegen is not good with the ball at his feet.

Stop this nonsense.

He makes so many errors with his passing, hardly any keeper costs their team as much with the ball at their feet.

It seems like every match he passes straight to the opposition in a compromising position.

TheStig

MATS is good with his feet, mistakes happen to anybody, that's not my problem with him. It's fucking standing like a statue for 10 years everytime someone shoots/crosses in a CL match. I'm sure Szczesny will be better at that and we don't see the Terorist in our kit again (we will, he'll be the starter next season regardless of his form like he was for 10 years).

MontenegrinCuler

Why is his transfer taking so long lol? Reports are he said yes and the club wants him yet it's still not done.

He's a free agent. This shall be very quick

pers

In this clip him against Messi in WC ;-) BTW in polish media they say Szczęsny must pay Juve $2M if he wants to play for Barca.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans