World Cup 2018

West Saxon

if modric as a main croatian player plays WC final

then he will be best midfielder ever

considering quality of that croatian squad who is far from favorites
This is the problem with judging individual players by team achievements. If this is true, then Jamie Vardy is one of the best strikers ever because of how he (and Mahrez) drove Leicester's miracle title win, probably the biggest footballing achievement ever. Modric is a wonderful midfielder, but my eyes tell me some distance from the best ever. One of the best of this era, though, absolutely.

vlad

Winning 4 cl in 5 years, 3 ina row, as a important player as xavi was at barca in the team, surely puts him among the best ever and if croatia goes far, and he plays as good as in the group, then there is nothing to laugh

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Winning 4 cl in 5 years, 3 ina row, as a important player as xavi was at barca in the team, surely puts him among the best ever and if croatia goes far, and he plays as good as in the group, then there is nothing to laugh
Come on man just forget those Popular opinion of winning Cl matters more than anything in club football . Just use your sense as a football fan and tell me whether winning a 38 game long title is a cake walk in a technically superior league like La liga . Modric managed to do that only once in his 5 years at Real . Xavi was pivotal in 8 league titles and 3 Cl wins . Not to mention he was voted as player of the tournament in euro 2008 and was undoubtedly a level above anyother player in 2010 ( Forlan won the award ,but it should have been so called grass cutter ) . Winning 4 Cl's is great but you just can't discredit Xavi's impact in Spanish football . What has spain achieved after his departure ? Barcelona went from world beaters to getting beaten and dominated by As Roma . Two world class teams completely went down from their glory days . Messi factor is probably putting us on pedestal with Madrid in La liga . If not for him god knows what would have been our position since Xavi's departure. Entire system was dependant on xavi's technical ability and vision . Greatest spanish player ever . If he was playing in any other era he would have got the zidane hype . Modric is a great player . Top top technician . But he will never achieve the heights of Iniesta ,let alone Xavi and other great midfielders of yesteryears . Putting down the importance of winning a league title is ridiculous .

Xavi >Iniesta >Pirlo >Modric >Scholes

Last edited:

TitoTata

Banned
Favorite goal's from Russia 2018

1) Cavani's second goal vs Portugal
2) Quaresma's goal vs Iran
3) Pavad vs Argentina
4) Luka Modric vs Argentina
5) Messi vs Nigeria

Modric and Messi goals so much of technical ability . Delight to watch . Messi's first touch and Luka's turn :thumbsup:
Nacho ( Spain) ?

Belgian's Januzaj goal

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Nacho ( Spain) ?
Great one . Similar to Pavad's . I just rated only top 5 . Nacho's goal , Costa's second goal , Hazard's goal vs panama , Di Maria's goal vs France, Ronaldo's header vs Morocco ( way he deceived the defender with his offball movement) , Aspas goal , Xhaka 's goal vs Serbia, Kroos goal vs Sweden all were top class . Aspas's goal would have been all over the internet if it was scored by Ronaldo ,

RMU ReBorn

This world cup till now has been exhilarating and competitive . I never expected south korea and Japan to be competitive against physically superior european /Latin teams . Every team showed grit , determination and fighting spirit . Iran was one hit away from knocking out Portugal , Iceland lived up to their expectations . lots of great matches , goals , individual performances . Far better than Yawnfest that we witnessed in South Africa and Brazil . Apart from Van persie goal vs spain and Messi's goal vs Iran i don't remember a goal that's worth watching in repeated view from 2014 world cup . 2010 was a boring one as well .

BenRobbins

This world cup till now has been exhilarating and competitive . I never expected south korea and Japan to be competitive against physically superior european /Latin teams . Every team showed grit , determination and fighting spirit . Iran was one hit away from knocking out Portugal , Iceland lived up to their expectations . lots of great matches , goals , individual performances . Far better than Yawnfest that we witnessed in South Africa and Brazil . Apart from Van persie goal vs spain and Messi's goal vs Iran i don't remember a goal that's worth watching in repeated view from 2014 world cup . 2010 was a boring one as well .

Brazil World Cup was amazing.

Holland Spain 5-1

James volley and performances

Germany Brazil 7-1

LVG penalty goal keeper swap

Tim cahills absolute belter

Just a few but i agree this is a great tournament so far.

RMU ReBorn

Brazil World Cup was amazing.

Holland Spain 5-1

James volley and performances

Germany Brazil 7-1

LVG penalty goal keeper swap

Tim cahills absolute belter

Just a few but i agree this is a great tournament so far.
James goal was great but i never felt like watching it again . And about matches i was talking about competitive nature of this world cup . Apart from England scoring 6 vs Panama i didn't saw many humiliating defeats . 7-1 was great for a nuetral point of view but not something we would be expecting from a world cup semi finalists. Not even one match lived up to the hype in knock outs . Either it was a one sided affair or a boring 1-0 win. we are only half way through this wc and has already witnessed so many great matches

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
One of the few Spanish players I like isn’t even starting today, huh? Going to be cheering for Russia then. Too many madridistas and entitled Barca players makes Spain way less likable then they used to be.

eaman

if modric as a main croatian player plays WC final

then he will be best midfielder ever

considering quality of that croatian squad who is far from favorites

It's a team game and Croatia are certainly where they are mostly down to their organisation and not really individual brilliance. Yes modric has been very good for them but rakitic has been as good. I don't buy into all this more titles makes you a better player thing. Of course a player has to win some titles but I judge mostly by what I see on the pitch. Messi is still better than ronaldo and xavi is better than modric based on what I am witnessing them do on the pitch

Home of Barca Fans