World Cup 2018

El Gato

Villarato!
Isco is often doing shit that amount to nothing, no end result. Stepping over the ball and running into dead ends.

He's doing his job. Costa, Silva and Asensio need to work more to play off each other and give each other better looks to shoot. Russia won't step out of that back 5.

JamDav1982

Even in this people just now, his hands were up trying to head the ball, it's just natural, how is he going to intentionally handle the ball from behind how was he suppose to know where the ball was, that it was behind headed towards goal, does he have eyes in the back of his head

Nope it was not natural and correct decision to give the pen.

Fact it was behind doesnt matter. Learn the rules.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
the thing is, you raise your hand naturally when you jump. But you don't raise it twice after you've already lowered it, that's an unnatural enhancement of your body size and that's why it was called.

Yeah, but 99% of all hand balls in the penalty area punished with a pk if the hands are not very close to the body - intentional or not. I see no problem with that. But in the Pique situation it looked to me like he lost his balance mid air, pushed by Ramos and a Russian player - in such a situation you put your arms up to regain balance. That is just my thought on it, we'll have to ask Pique - but the gain/risk ratio is off imo, it wasn't a dangerous position from which Russia would have scored 99% or something. Yet, with the video review system he deemed it to be huge risk and giving away a pk was actually increasing the odds of Russia scoring?

jamrock

Nope it was not natural and correct decision to give the pen.

Fact it was behind doesnt matter. Learn the rules.

In not arguing that it wasn't a PK dumbass, I already said that from my first post, I said it wasn't intentional like you mind readers on here are saying.

What was his frame of reference to know the ball was directly behind him & behind headed towards goal?. There was none.

It was a pk because it was a hand ball in the box, but he knew nothing about it. So this whole oh pique shit being posted by some on here was totally uncalled for.

BerkeleyBernie

Spain is losing their possession in non-threatening areas. They should just drop a few balls into Costa and let him mix it up with their centerbacks. Might win some fouls, might get some shots off. But they are accomplishing nothing with their possessions when they end with zero attacking moves.

BenRobbins

I would take busquets off personally, koke is doing his role better this game. Put thiago on and then another forward for asensio.

Home of Barca Fans