World Cup 2018

Joan

Iniesta giving Spain some sense.

Players like Xavi and Iniesta are really unique and fit this style.

JamDav1982

In not arguing that it wasn't a PK dumbass, I already said that from my first post, I said it wasn't intentional like you mind readers on here are saying.

What was his frame of reference to know the ball was directly behind him & behind headed towards goal?. There was none.

It was a pk because it was a hand ball in the box, but he knew nothing about it. So this whole oh pique shit being posted by some on here was totally uncalled for.

Steady there dumbass.

It was a pen and yellow learn the rules ffs before mouthing off.

If it was not deliberate and not an unatural position you cant claim it was a pen. Learn the rules dumbass.

Yannik

Yeah, but 99% of all hand balls in the penalty area punished with a pk if the hands are not very close to the body - intentional or not. I see no problem with that. But in the Pique situation it looked to me like he lost his balance mid air, pushed by Ramos and a Russian player - in such a situation you put your arms up to regain balance. That is just my thought on it, we'll have to ask Pique - but the gain/risk ratio is off imo, it wasn't a dangerous position from which Russia would have scored 99% or something. Yet, with the video review system he deemed it to be huge risk and giving away a pk was actually increasing the odds of Russia scoring?

He wasn't pushed by anyone. Dzyuba didn't touch him at all, he was 1m away from him. And Piques arm went up before Ramos actually had any impact on him (wasn't a push either, they merely touched).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans