World Cup 2022

BBZ8800

The bad thing for Arg is that they are not allowed to slip anymore.
Yet Mexico never gets KOd in a group stage.
They qualified in 86, 94, 98, 02, 06, 10, 14 and 18.
8 times in a row.

FCBfan22

I'm very interested how Scaloni adapts next game. If he starts the same XI, they might as well pack before the game.

Nazario1985

arabia never scored more than one goal in their last 20 matches speaks volume about the atrocity of argentina performance:lol:

You mean in one game.

They already made it to the 1/8 through the groups in the 90's

And this a very very good team (a little aged though)

BBZ8800

I am being a captain obvious, but this could be a rournament of classical heavyweights like Germany, France, England or Spain.

The WC is in the middle of the season, players are in form and fresh.
Big teams might go far this time compared to regular WCs when English, German and Spanish players have 50+ matches in their legs already.

A pure quality and experience might win this time.

Rory

Just silly decisions from the coach. Cuti Romero hasn't played in weeks, but starts him. Lisandro been arguably best cb in the prem and is benched. Paredes poor for juve but starts. Likes of Mac Allister who has been a top 10 midfielder in the prem this year is sat on the bench. Saudi have a high line yet keeps Papu old man gomez on lw/lm. Three 34 year olds in attacking positions.

tagliafico clearly struggling with intensity, doesn't sub him off early enough for Acuna who can have that physical intensity match all day long.

raskolnikov

I thought Argentina was praised for its team effort and warrior mentality.

It was like Barca vs Roma again. They got outworked and tactically beaten.
Their wc is basically over now.

Nazario1985

FiKowC2UAAIb9mR

fergus90

One thing that could favour Germany above others is they have a lot of players from the same team. Much like Spain in 2010, so a lot of chemistry etc is already there.

Be interested to see France and Portugal too.

Home of Barca Fans