World Cup 2022

Laplacian

I am being a captain obvious, but this could be a rournament of classical heavyweights like Germany, France, England or Spain.

The WC is in the middle of the season, players are in form and fresh.
Big teams might go far this time compared to regular WCs when English, German and Spanish players have 50+ matches in their legs already.

A pure quality and experience might win this time.

I have been saying to a few other people for the past few years, but South America is dead football wise. The world cup will turn into a second European tournament. 20 years since the last non-European team won the WC.

Nazario1985

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Won the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations with Zambia.<br><br>Won the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations with Ivory Coast.<br><br>Leads Saudi Arabia to a surprise victory over Argentina in the 2022 World Cup.<br><br>It's time to familiarise yourself with the tactical genius that is coach Herve Renard 🧠 <a href="https://t.co/ynJ3XYpbjt">pic.twitter.com/ynJ3XYpbjt</a></p>— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1595027331910799365?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I have been saying to a few other people for the past few years, but South America is dead football wise. The world cup will turn into a second European tournament. 20 years since the last non-European team won the WC.

I think you're being reactionary. Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil are all strong NTs. Traditionally top European NTs are the weakest in many years at this WC squad-strength wise, with the exception of Portugal but their coach is Santos

Nazario1985

Love the quote, feels the same for Argentina
[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Senegal coach after losing to Netherlands <a href="https://t.co/SzWxNBpDki">pic.twitter.com/SzWxNBpDki</a></p>— Troll Football (@TrollFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/TrollFootball/status/1594756744114491392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Nazario1985

I think you're being reactionary. Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil are all strong NTs. Traditionally top European NTs are the weakest in many years at this WC squad-strength wise, with the exception of Portugal but their coach is Santos

You should have spotted the fake experts since the start

"I have been saying to a few other people for the past few years"

Nazario1985

Some people just don't watch football to enjoy it ..

Just have to put down other teams or make themselves "experts in everything"

BBZ8800

Yes.

Football is changing.
Our fans are leaning towards Argentina due to Messi and towards Brazil due to Joga Bonita because our dream football is a mix of Dutch + Brazilian football.

But since 2002', South American football is average.
And outside Pep, South American Joga Bonita is not winning anymore.

I don't see Brazil as favorites in any match vs England, Germany, France or Spain.
And especially not Brazil winning 3-4 KO matches vs random Europeans in a row.

And Argentina is way worse.
Their last 4 matches on Wcs with Europeans.

2018: France 3:4
2018: Croatia 0:3
2018: Iceland 1:1
2014: Germany 0:1

I am not too sure that they'll even win against Poland, who is maybe the weakest European team on a tournament.

Birdy

One thing that could favour Germany above others is they have a lot of players from the same team. Much like Spain in 2010, so a lot of chemistry etc is already there.

Be interested to see France and Portugal too.

For me Brazil and Germany are the strongest and it would be unfair to meet at QF as the bracket have them if they finish 1st in their groups

Then it's uninspiring, defending but effective England
Then all the rest

With the exception of Denmark, who are the most entertaining side and if they can make a leap in eliminating the 'big' on paper sides, they can go all the way.

Laplacian

Yes.

Football is changing.
Our fans are leaning towards Argentina due to Messi and towards Brazil due to Joga Bonita because our dream football is a mix of Dutch + Brazilian football.

I don't see Brazil as favorites in any match vs England, Germany, France or Spain.

I am not too sure that they'll even win against Poland, who is maybe the weakest European team on a tournament.

TBH, I still think Brazil can do it. It's not just joga bonito, their players are quality. Argentina and Uruguay get wanked to death though. When was the last time Uruguay made it to the semi-finals, 2010? At least Argentina had their 2014 run.

BBZ8800

TBH, I still think Brazil can do it. It's not just joga bonito, their players are quality. Argentina and Uruguay get wanked to death though. When was the last time Uruguay made it to the semi-finals, 2010? At least Argentina had their 2014 run.

I am not trolling, who is a WC at Brazil besides Neymar and Vinicius?

And historically, teams led by Neymar rarely win in key matches.

Jadentheman

Yes.

Football is changing.

Brazil can beat any current European team. None of them are inspiring. And France really isn’t that great either. Spain is getting grouped. Let’s be real

Home of Barca Fans