World Cup 2022

utility73

Never believe who got man of the match in lasts nights late game? Unbelievably de bruyne did. Whoever voted on that obviously didn't watch or looked at one stat he was best in. Maybe distance covered

KdB himself was baffled as to why he got it.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
🎙️| Eden Hazard: ?Germany?s gesture? They would?ve done better if they didn?t do it & tried to win. We're here to play football, I'm not here to convey a political message.? @RMCsport #

Wtf I'm a hazard fan now

Than take his advice and stop talking about politics and political stances in this thread, nobody else is in the last 50ish pages.

utility73

Eden Hazard: “Germany’s gesture? They would’ve done better if they didn’t do it & tried to win. We're here to play football, I'm not here to convey a political message.”

Fair enough, but I am wondering when is Fatso Hazard planning to actually start playing football?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
African sides are all shit right now. Nothing to be disappointed about.

Yeah, a little disappointing - would be more fun for the WC with 2-3 good African teams. But overall the quality of almost all teams so far has been meh...

malvolio

Yeah, a little disappointing - would be more fun for the WC with 2-3 good African teams. But overall the quality of almost all teams so far has been meh...

Hardly any talent coming through, either from Africa or South America. In the past you had some super players from those continents, now it dried up.

Rory

Hardly any talent coming through, either from Africa or South America. In the past you had some super players from those continents, now it dried up.

Sulemana and Lamptey for Ghana are worth keeping an eye on this afternoon. Ghana have a surprisingly decent xi, could cause an upset against Portugal.

fergus90

Maybe it's talent but also I think for a lot of the 'top' players, playing for their country just doesn't mean as much anymore sadly or no longer considered the pinnacle. They end up playing 60+ games a season and get paid huge amounts of money by their clubs so international football is seen as more of an inconvenience than an honour.

You see it over international breaks in the season, players will pull out of games for their country and are back in the starting line up for their club the following weekend. Managers then never have consistent squads to work with. The results are teams that end up lacking cohesion and quality football.

Last edited:

Total-Football

Eden Hazard: ?Germany?s gesture? They would?ve done better if they didn?t do it & tried to win. We're here to play football, I'm not here to convey a political message.?

Fair enough, but I am wondering when is Fatso Hazard planning to actually start playing football?

The same Germany the guardian angel of hymanity that ostracised ozil for his political stance on China. Ostracized both by his own country Germany and by the London based club.

I love it.. hahaha

Home of Barca Fans