World Cup 2022

Windhook

This "weakest teams" theory could only apply on Turkey in 2002. They faced no European team throughout the tournament. Beat Japan and Senegal in the knockouts, then lost with heroics to Brazil. Won the the 3rd place match against hosts South Korea.

To me, no disrespect to Turkey team, it was the luckiest draw in recent history of World Cups.

serghei

WHAT?
You are saying that occupying just space is impeding?

By this logic if a player is stationed in the middle of the pitch w/o moving, and an opponent runs into him, this should be a foul because the former occupies a space the latter wants to move into
What fucked up logic is this?

Don't give this example anymore. It's been established and clearly seen in video that Livakovic goes for the ball and doesn't stand still. Your T1, T2, T3 which are like half a second divided between them it is hilarious.

You can't split an action that takes like 1 second whole into 3 timeframes so you can isolate the incident into a Livakovic is just sitting there, he's the victim type of thing. It's absurd.

Livakovic moves into the path of the opponent taking him out, basically impeding him to continue the action. There's clear contact so it's impeding with contact, which is foul and in this case penalty kick.

Last edited:

JohnN

This was a pen but what Messi and their GK did after 1/4 was a fair play.
Kovacic got a yellow card after 2 seconds after a pen for asking what happened, Mandzukic on Croatian bench got a red card for saying it was not a pen. And iirc even Dalic got a yellow card.
On top of everything, Italian ref (Infantino is also Italian and lives in Qatar btw) gave a pen from 30 meters and didn't ever bother to check the VAR.

Yet, Messi, their GK and Argies didn't get a yellow for this:
Nothing to see, a perfect sportsmenship and allowed behavior:

Again, Mandzukic got red card on Croatian bench tonight for arguing against a pen.

Nothing to see here.
No fixing or pushing by the refs.

Just a regular day in the office when it comes to World cup and CL semis and finals.
Remember guys how you often said that Papa Perez was buying Ballon D ors for Real? Or when La Liga refs favor Real? You see that, right?
Well, this is the same shit, the same money&interests business :papaperez:

It's just that you don't want to see since you are emotional about Messi.
It's all rigged to some extent on the top level.
Hollywood movie for emotional fans from all around the world.

** No one answered (at least I didn't see it): why didn't ref Orsato checked the VAR after awarding it?
** Btw, this is the same ref who stopped the match for 5 minutes on the opening match Qatar-Ecuador when Ecuador scored after 10 minutes, which was not good for the hosts.
Then he stopped the match for 5 minutes and let the VAR room check every single detail in order to find some offense and to disallow a goal.

Yet, tonight:
1. he didn't stop the match
2. he didn't consult his assistants
3. he didn't check the VAR. Why didn't he stop for even 30 seconds?
4. VAR room hadn't check whether it was a corner for Croatia at the start of that action

Lol.
Everything is perfectly legal.
Nothing to see here :clown:

Var check all the action leading to the goal. He doesn't go to the screen because they don't call him to, as they are sure it's 100% a penalty, which it is. This is given for any team against any team. You are grasping at straws with this argument for this match.
Var has eliminated many problems and many conspiracy theories fall flat. Mistakes can be made still, but this wasn't one of them.
Argentina were better and read Croatia plan to attack Messi for stealing the ball from him and counter and adjusted the first time it happened. Also, Croatia have a problem with attack against much more soft teams than the Argies, who are really good defensively but have been pretty unlucky until now.
Brazil was more flamboyant but Argentina was lethal in counters and exploited tactical errors.

JamDav1982

BBZ still doesnt understand VAR.

That penalty would have been looked at and as clear immediately no decision for ref to review.

Not that 'refused to look at VAR'.

Theories to cope is all this is.

What a ridiculous comparison for Qatar game... that goal for Ecuador was offside and they got it correct also.

But that was another decision that was about 'money' and Qatar regardless of if it was correct or not.

Silly theories.

Haha best claim yet... the ref red carded Mandzukic on Croatia bench to help 'fix' game... that is a belter.

Was the red for Morocco to help Ronaldo get through as well? The five pens Portugal have had in last two tournaments not suspicous?

The five pens England have had in last two world cups all part of this plan as well?

But when Argentina get penalties.. correctly I may add.. this is all skullduggery I tell ya!

Birdy

Don't give this example anymore. It's been established and clearly seen in video that Livakovic goes for the ball and doesn't stand still. Your T1, T2, T3 which are like half a second divided between them it is hilarious.

You can't split an action who takes like 1 second whole into 3 timeframes so you can isolate the incident into a Livakovic is just sitting there, he's the victim type of thing. It's absurd.

Livakovic moves into the path of the opponent taking him out, basically impeding him to continue the action. There's clear contact so it's impeding with contact, which is foul and in this case penalty kick.

Why can't one split the action in T1, T2, and T3 moments if these are discrete ?
It's doesn't matter if it's half a second between them
we are talking about different moments

When a defender makes a tackle that doesn't get the ball and hits an on-running opponent, it's a foul because he missed the ball at the very same instant in time when his leg or another part of his body hits the opponent.

You can't just exclude discrete moments in time from the picture

It's exactly the same for that Raphinia incident vs Celta, which you claimed to be a pen.
It's not a pen for the very same reason

snowy

For the business, it's just the best to have big teams (and big players in the final). Sponsors, shirt sales, buzz in papers, epic stories for the future (for video games, movies, books, memories).
Messi/CR7 in finals for FIFA is what Leonardo Di Caprio or the next young blond actress with big boobs is for Hollywood. You'll milk shit ton of money on them and create blockbusters.
Morocco and Croatia are some 60 old year old actress who no one (from casuals) wants to see. Give us boobs, give us what sells movies and papers.
Messi is literally boobs here

Here in Addis, Leo is our Ali Baba Genie. Most are rooting for him due to our common Italian roots :D

hope he gets the BoobD'or numero 8 ;_

Your theory does hold H20 though. Let's see if ref is a cougar lova 2morrow & gives sum rib eyes to da Atlas Lions, err yeah not likely. If we lucky, he might overfeed crickets n worms to Turtleboy n dat might slow him down some haha

Zyech22 & co have a chance to win it if Bouze has an off day and Upa and Luka plunge in with birdybirdynumbnumb tackles hehe

Lezz go Lions!!! :rockon:

gratz on ur world cup caballero. Croatia played with tons of heart

serghei

Why can't one split the action in T1, T2, and T3 moments if these are discrete ?
It's doesn't matter if it's half a second between them
we are talking about different moments

When a defender makes a tackle that doesn't get the ball and hits an on-running opponent, it's a foul because he missed the ball at the very same instant in time when his leg or another part of his body hits the opponent.

You can't just exclude discrete moments in time from the picture

It's exactly the same for that Raphinia incident vs Celta, which you claimed to be a pen.
It's not a pen for the very same reason

That one was a clear pen as well. But in this one the contact is even clearer. Impeding the path of an opponent with contact.

It's simple really, you do not move, or put your leg in the running path of a player who goes for the ball or plays the ball. If you do, and you fail to play the ball, bringing the player down instead, it's almost always a pen.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

BBZ still doesnt understand VAR.

That penalty would have been looked at and as clear immediately no decision for ref to review.

Not that 'refused to look at VAR'.

Theories to cope is all this is.

What a ridiculous comparison for Qatar game... that goal for Ecuador was offside and they got it correct also.

But that was another decision that was about 'money' and Qatar regardless of if it was correct or not.

Silly theories.

Haha best claim yet... the ref red carded Mandzukic on Croatia bench to help 'fix' game... that is a belter.

Was the red for Morocco to help Ronaldo get through as well? The five pens Portugal have had in last two tournaments not suspicous?

The five pens England have had in last two world cups all part of this plan as well?

But when Argentina get penalties.. correctly I may add.. this is all skullduggery I tell ya!

Jamie, I won't call you dumb.
I am heated now.
But you are acting dumb.

Don't take situations literally.
You are better than that.

Refs obviously helped France, and not England but they still give them 2 pens who were 100% clear.
The thing is: England wouldn't get 50:50 pens, while France would have.

Croatia would have also gotten a 100% clear pen.
But would never get a 50:50 pen vs Argies.

Argies (or Messi, since Argies are irrelevant in this story) would get both 100% and 50:50 calls.

Wtf is this about Portugal?
Portugal is one the Hollywood's (FIFA's) main actors.
England also. But England is behind France, due to Platini and Paris/Qatar connections.
Especially if you add politics and rainbow armband.
Interesting how France pulled out from rainbows (they never intended to wear it). Unlike Dutch, England or Denmark.
You could argue that French didn't want to wear it due to personal beliefs.

... or they knew "something more". Psg-France-Platini-Qatar connections, aka: don't make problems since you are one of the top 3 favorites, both based on skills and FIFA's connections.
Be quiet and you'll go far.
** Interesting how Barca got Uefa refs against them once when we wanted to enter Superleague? What a shock and a coincidence, isn't it?

I have yet to see any part of the world/industry/bog companies/CEOs/politicians who are not corrupted in 90% of cases.
It's baffling how you guys are naive and tend to believe that WC and CL are fair play sports where the best teams win.

I'll just rolleyes on that.

But I have to admire you though. Wish I was that positive and open to people and CEOs being good and fair people :wub:

Birdy

That one was a clear pen as well. But in this one the contact is blatant, the Raphinha one was a smaller contact, but still a pen for impeding the path of an opponent with contact.

That ref didn't give the pen.
It's telling why such incidents is not as clear as you make them out to be

Like I said above, don't really know what's the directive refs have these days for such cases.
But they should never be a pen to begin with,
simple because it's important who initiates the contact, and not just whether contact has been made

snowy

seen so many pens given even without contact when attk path is obstructed.

Only chance for no pen is if keeper deviated the ball. He took a gamble. Still, dude's keeper of the WC along with supa rockstar Bono

JamDav1982

BBZ you dont even understand VAR.

That would be a good place to start.

You theories are coping mechanism nothing more.

Haha 'England behind France' when just off game when England got two pens.

Nothing claim makes sense. Just rambling.

FIFA dont think Argentina need a pen v SA after ten mins.

FIFA who then chop off an Argie goal which by all accounts was onside.

FIFA who add ten mins v Netherlands when Argies 2-1 up... if that happened other way round would be all about 'cheating for Messi.

Argentina could have had a second pen tonight.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just enjoy greatness [MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION]

I know you've made it your life's mission to hate on Messi and make him out to be some scrub, but just enjoy greatness for what it is. It may or may not go his way on sunday, but he's had an incredible World Cup at the age of 35 and is constantly proving people wrong.

Birdy

Just enjoy greatness [MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION]

I know you've made it your life's mission to hate on Messi and make him out to be some scrub, but just enjoy greatness for what it is. It may or may not go his way on sunday, but he's had an incredible World Cup at the age of 35 and is constantly proving people wrong.

Not really mate
I don't hate on Messi. I hate the simple-mindedness with which his fanboys here approach football
Neither an Argie fan, nor a hater, same with France and Marroco.
Would be rather indifferent final to me

Horatio

You're welcome
This "weakest teams" theory could only apply on Turkey in 2002. They faced no European team throughout the tournament. Beat Japan and Senegal in the knockouts, then lost with heroics to Brazil. Won the the 3rd place match against hosts South Korea.

To me, no disrespect to Turkey team, it was the luckiest draw in recent history of World Cups.

A bit lucky, but not beating astronomical odds when you avoid strong teams 2 rounds of finals. Eventually met strong team in semi and got knocked out. Think Spain had it even easier until semi.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans