World Cup 2022

raskolnikov

Yes they do. They wouldn't be where they are without Mbappe. They wouldn't be current WC champions and also not in Sunday's final.

Even if he doesn't have the same numbers as Messi, he is the guy that draws the defenders, opens up space and is clinical when it matters. His supporting cast is good, better than what Messi has in attack(mainly because Argies lack good wingers?).

But you don't win a WC with Giroud, Griezmann and Dembele. You can win one by having Coman or other winger instead of Mbappe and Benzema(another difference maker) instead of Giroud + Griezmann + Dembele.

So even if France looks like this complete team that has threats from all over the park, they wouldn't get it over the line without a Mbappe or a Benzema.

ANULO MUFA
He's just their best player buy even if you keep him quiet others will step up.
If you keep Messi out of the game Argentina are stuck.
Ronaldo had Dinho and Rivaldo and a stacked team in 2002.
Argentina is like that Germany with Messi being Khan.
Its much easier for Mbappe in his stacked team.

malvolio

He's just their best player buy even if you keep him quiet others will step up.
If you keep Messi out of the game Argentina are stuck.
Ronaldo had Dinho and Rivaldo and a stacked team in 2002.
Argentina is like that Germany with Messi being Khan.
Its much easier for Mbappe in his stacked team.

I'm not talking about keeping him quiet. I'm talking about him not being there at all. Because keeping him quiet requires resources to be used to obtain that and a game plan to succeed. It means others like Griezmann or Dembele have more room to operate.

So in that way France is also dependent on Mbappe, because by themselves(and without Benzema) they can't win a WC.

JamDav1982

Griezmann playing so well in turn allows more space for Mbappa.

Dembele on right playing well allows more space for Mbappe.

That is the issue. Cant just shut him down as others have been stepping up.

Birdy

Half of French squad apparently ill.
After Rabiot, Coman, Upamecano, now Varane and Konate are ill, that's their entire backline and it's still spreading within the squad

If I were BBz, I would claim that the Qataris want to hand the WC to Messi

soul24rage

Half of French squad apparently ill.
After Rabiot, Coman, Upamecano, now Varane and Konate are ill, that's their entire backline and it's still spreading within the squad

If I were BBz, I would claim that the Qataris want to hand the WC to Messi

Both Tchouameni and Theo Hern?ndez missed today's training due to their respective injuries.

Not a good time to be ill/injured

Home of Barca Fans