World Cup 2022

I just watch Messi and Cristiano LOL.I am obsessed with those 2. Personally as a fan of football I think Messi is better than Maradona and Cruyff combined but Ronaldo is the greatest.

JamDav1982

Go on I will indulge you..Feels like an old poster has come on to troll but I like these discussions and winning them..

Why is Ronaldo the greatest?

Considering Messi has more balon dors, better goal record, better assists record and will go down as most trophy laden footballer of all time.

What puts Ronaldo ahead of that?

No my Scottish friend I have been reading this forum for ton of years but never participated.. Messi is clearly the best player ever.Better than Maradona and Cruyff combined.I can easily prove that. It's just (imo)that Ronaldo has 3 main leagues with top scorer,euro with a team that never won anything,is a better leader and arguably better intl stats in worse team of the 2..I know you'll say it's stupid but he also has most followers on social media. Have a nice day.

JamDav1982

Ronaldo winning three leagues doesnt mean more than Messi domoinating him when both at peak and in same league.

As if Messi would have chosen a harder path to go join Bayern, City under Pep or Juve rather than staying in Spain where teams winning in Europe largely were for majority of it..

Well done to Ronaldo for going to Juve who had won 7 in a row and winning a title there.

Infact Juve scored less goals, got less points and lost league for first time in ten years with Ronaldo there in comparison to previous three years. They also got worse in CL going out in last 16 to Lyon and Porto and QF to Ajax when were in final before he moved.

The 'three leagues' argument is not as strong as many Ronaldo fan boys like to think.

If Messi was inclined he could have hand picked the top sides and gone and done that himself.

Last edited:

malvolio

That sounds like: Russian players should play, this is only a sport.
You are usually apolitical (imo) so you are looking at it differently.

Let's see whether problems will occur.
I am putting my money on: yes.

There's no such thing as apolitical. Once he gets fucked in the ass he'll have an opinion, aside from the case that he enjoys it.

It's just turning a blind eye or not being affected by said measure. If he would have paid some thousands euros to be in Qatar for the WC, his stance would maybe have been different.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
What up folks.

Just thought I'd give my take:-

Winners - Argentina. I just think they finally have a decent defence and a top CB in Romero. Who are all 'battle hardened' and tough competitors. In midfield I really think Enzo Fernandez is going to be the upcoming stand out player. Not just for Argentina but in the world cup. He has it all and with good solid players around him in midfield like Paredes, De Paul, Palacios and Mac Allister. None are world beaters but they all know their role and do it very well. Then the attack. With Messi supplying the bullets and Lautaro Martinez putting them away with the depth of the likes of J.Correa, Alvarez, Gomez and Dybala. They finally have strong depth in their squad. So I think this is their year.

Dark horses - Denmark and Uruguay. It won't surprise me to see Denmark top the group above France. A solid and tough team to beat with some stars sprinkled through the team. Same as in Uruguay. Very experienced at the back and up front but a solid and exciting midfield of Benantcur and Valverde (for me he's top 5 mids in the world) plus Darwin up front. They could easily reach quarters or semis.

Top scorer - Put a few quid at 50/1 or Darwin Nunez! but I think with Messi supplying the bullets at 25/1 Martinez is who I think will do it!

Flops:- Got a feeling Belgium will struggle to get out the group and I sense some internal issues with Spain too.

Last edited:
God, I will be cheering against Brazil so much. Unfortunately, I think it's our time though. I think Brazil is going to win it.

Tite is a great manager and this squad is playing some terrific football. I just wish I wasn't born here, the media and people in general will be insufferable when they win it.

Messi983

That sounds like: Russian players should play, this is only a sport.
You are usually apolitical (imo) so you are looking at it differently.

Let's see whether problems will occur.
I am putting my money on: yes.

You're right, I'm apolitical and don't like when politics is involved in sport which is happening way too much. And from a sporting perspective I don't think Russian athletes should be responsible for actions of one man.

I also despise UEFA and FIFA and wouldn't mind if something would happen so corrupted FIFA would lose money (that's only thing they care about) but at the same time no fans would be in danger. I want fans going to Qatar to enjoy and support their teams. And might even be a better experience for most of them without drunk fans at stadiums. I don't like alcohol so actually don't mind they've banned the sale of beer for example. Or better said wouldn't mind if I'd be going there, at home I don't really care.

Messi983

Qatar have banned the sale of beer at stadiums according to NY Times. Beer will only be available in VIP lounges and some of the fan zones and hotels.

Wonder how FIFA will handle this with their pals Budweiser. A big payout perhaps?

?Someone owes Budweiser $75 million,? Solomon told The Post. ?Selling beer at games had already been agreed upon. This is a clear contract breach, absolutely no doubt about it.?

?We know what Anheuser-Busch?s business is,? Solomon added. ?And this last minute tour about by the organizers of the World Cup shows that FIFA is truly no longer in control of what can only be described now as a rogue event.?

FIFA losing money, I like this. Although they're surely more than enough compensated for just getting WC to Qatar to care about this.

But he spent majority of his life in Germany.

Still doesn't mean he has to support them. A lot of people living in a foreign country don't actually like that country. Or at least not enough to be fans of their NT teams in different sports.

jamrock

If di maria stays fit, Argentina have there best chance of winning since there last WC final, Where they would have won if he had played.

SF then anything can happen, I'm not 100% sure they'll make it past that stage but HOPE.

Home of Barca Fans