Xavi Hernández

Messi983

Because Laporta is a show man at heart and would rather give fans false hope about signings etc especially when the big rivals could well be about to do another league and European cup double than just be honest that the club is in a tough spot and there's nothing he's capable of doing to fix it currently.

His first tenure gave the illusion that everything he touches turns to gold but reality is you're only as strong as the people around you.

Agreed with your point but is he really a "show man" or rather just delusional and still living in 2009? I think it's the latter and that's what is really worrying.

Xavi leaving won't change anything if Laporta won't accept reality as it is.

Messi983

Another thing I've just thought about.

I'm affraid if Xavi is gone then chances for Mendes/Laporta bringing back Felix will increase a lot.

One of the rare good things Xavi did well in last few months is benching JF.

khaled_a_d

Months of poor performances and it’s an honest remark that might get him sacked :lol:

Most fans are well aware Guido Rodriguez and a a loan here or there is the most realistic summer anyway.

Laporta should be more offended by the performances on the pitch.

I think it was just the final straw.

Xavi created nothing but drama after he stayed, and the way he handles the press is awful.

His statement might be honest, but it is also shifting the blame and defeatist, when there was more simple answers to it (we don't care about opponents, we will always fight, bla bla bla).

Reality is, it seems Laporta wanted him to stay for a shot to get top coach in 2025, but now it seems he was creating another 2021 situation when he kept Koeman. The coach won't be able to last couple of months and then we will need to make a hire when the market is the same.

Loki

Why would xavi get fired because of the things he said? They weren’t really that controversial.
Well first of all it was just the last drop I think. The cup was already full with bad performances and results lately again. Then Laporta probably thought Xavi already looking for excuses for next season and that's not how you compete. Why state the obvious? Everyone and their dog knows about our financial situation. Every outlet writes about it.
All it accomplishes is to take away the confidence and motivation for next season. There's absolutely no need for Xavi to have said it, truth or not, other than already looking for excuses.
We also don't know what happened during their conversations. Maybe Laporta demanded an apology and Xavi told him to fuck off. We'll never know that part.

Blanco

If Barca TV has made series like “Barca Inside 2023/24” maybe your financial problems will be resolved. People would be willing to pay a lot of money to see what exactly is happening, because the behaviour of some people is strange to say at least.

• Haha
Reactions: BJJ

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Why would xavi get fired because of the things he said? They weren’t really that controversial.
because in our club people are clowns.
Moreover, I think it is a way of Laporta saving his face, cuz as far as I remember they announced he is staying just before the final leg for the PSG game, they thought we were going through hence it would look good on Laporta's election bid. But that gamble went south in a week. LOL.
So now any small excuse is the biggest heresy a coach can make. The socios are stupid and will eat up this news as Laporta is doing his job and is a good president.

Horatio

You're welcome
Well first of all it was just the last drop I think. The cup was already full with bad performances and results lately again. Then Laporta probably thought Xavi already looking for excuses for next season and that's not how you compete. Why state the obvious? Everyone and their dog knows about our financial situation. Every outlet writes about it.
All it accomplishes is to take away the confidence and motivation for next season. There's absolutely no need for Xavi to have said it, truth or not, other than already looking for excuses.
We also don't know what happened during their conversations. Maybe Laporta demanded an apology and Xavi told him to fuck off. We'll never know that part.
Seems a bit weird imo as Xavi is not that dumb as not be able to read the room. In the same presser he shares his excitement for next season.

El Gato

Villarato!
Laporta actually killing La Liga

At this point it seems he probably doesn't mind Barca looking like clowns short term if he justified Super League formation in process to get him out of financial hole and from under Tebas boot

Hilarious that Im rooting for this daft cunt to stay and actually sad they might still sack him

Rory

Maybe it was just one too many excuses for the board.

We've had the grass is too long, too wet, the sun, we played better and deserved it, referee's fault etc.

Now it's we don't have enough money. Net spend for us since Xavi is about the same as Real Madrid

Loki

Seems a bit weird imo as Xavi is not that dumb as not be able to read the room. In the same presser he shares his excitement for next season.
Well, Laporta thought probably Xavi should have shared his excitement without the "but", because many people think everything before the "but" doesn't really count.

" I'm really looking forward to compete next season", or:
" I'm really looking forward to compete next seasons, but we have no money and fans should manage their expectations"

are two very different statements. Maybe Laporta felt betrayed by Xavi's words, because he expects his own staff to defend barca no matter what, and not join the public opinion. As I said, everyone knows our situation. Xavi pointing it out again before the game just seems like he's already looking for excuses before the season starts, before the summer transfers, even before the current season ended. It's just bad manners and Xavi is known for bad manners looking at his bookings this season alone.

Loki

If Laporta makes a mistake in picking next manager he is gone as well.
True, the next manager needs to convince, otherwise he can forget re-election. Although the Nou Camp Nou, when it's finished, will create a completely new and exciting atmosphere. This could help him.

Horatio

You're welcome
Well, Laporta thought probably Xavi should have shared his excitement without the "but", because many people think everything before the "but" doesn't really count.

" I'm really looking forward to compete next season", or:
" I'm really looking forward to compete next seasons, but we have no money and fans should manage their expectations"

are two very different statements. Maybe Laporta felt betrayed by Xavi's words, because he expects his own staff to defend barca no matter what, and not join the public opinion. As I said, everyone knows our situation. Xavi pointing it out again before the game just seems like he's already looking for excuses before the season starts, before the summer transfers, even before the current season ended. It's just bad manners and Xavi is known for bad manners looking at his bookings this season alone.
Ok, i just did 5 min of research and checked the pressers. The comments about economy and situation were made before the almeria game. Then after the win he shared his confidence. Even said he’s planning the new season with Deco.

Weird of him to speak like that as enough time to be made aware of what the earlier comments had caused.

Home of Barca Fans