Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

iniestaGOAT

Finishing top 4 in La Liga is way more realistic, that's why Xavi should focus on that.

I just don't see Barca getting anything near to a trophy with this backline. Needless to say that EL is not a joke trophy. Some very good teams are playing there in the final stages. Getting past Napoli will already be very difficult.

It will be difficult but we will go through

We have to play Dortmund

Andresito

Staff member
We should be able to compete for both honestly. Might not finish 3rd and win EL, but that should be what Barcelona should be aiming for with today's circumstances.
It's the same at the beginning of every season where we aim to win every trophy. Probably won't do it but it shouldn't stop us from having the mindset to try.

Joan

Kudos to him for being mature in Dembele's case. Unless Laporta made a sensible decision and tried to blame it on Xavi to save his face.

Messigician

Xavi out Rooney in

How Rooney?s dealt with the Derby mess: 👏

-Owner didn't tell him the club?s situation

-Had to use the club doctor?s phone to get in touch with him

-Only 13 registered players at start of season

-Gave his personal number to the supporters club, to ensure they were being kept upto date

-Bought training equipment and away accommodation himself when the club couldn't

- Reassured everyone he wouldn't leave because things were getting tough

- Told the players that 'He'd take the criticism and stand up for them all'

- Slept at the training centre due to long hours

- Played fan written poems to the players before their 2-0 win against Sheffield

- Gave 20 academy players their debuts

- Has 3 league tables in the dressing room. The original one, the one with no points deductions and the one with -12 points deductions to motivate the squad.

Class 👏

freetocan

Just curious. How do you guys see that Xavi decided to keep Dembele in team after all that saga with non accepting renewal of contract with Barca? Personally, I would have put him on stands or hand him that letter to leave any time he wants and maybe could save some wage if he might have been able to leave before end of contract.

iniestaGOAT

Just curious. How do you guys see that Xavi decided to keep Dembele in team after all that saga with non accepting renewal of contract with Barca? Personally, I would have put him on stands or hand him that letter to leave any time he wants and maybe could save some wage if he might have been able to leave before end of contract.

He wasn't leaving no matter what letter you gave him.

Xavi is more concerned about his job to send him to the stands. Top 4 or he's fired.

Porque

I think it's a good signal for Xavi. He can see through the shitcloud and be pragmatic enough to judge the best option for the sporting side. With the balls to enforce it.

If he thinks Dembele is one of the best options for the next 6 months to reach his goals, then it is the correct call to stand by him. And I applaud him for that.

cro-man

Xavi: "I never said that Aubameyang wasn't good for Bar?a, I said that he didn't have all the qualities but he is a player who can give us a lot, a lot of pressure up front... We have to take advantage of his virtues."

I must say he is very honest and doesnt hide anything:lol: Seems like its true that he wasnt a fan of signing auba.

Windhook

I understand Xavi totally, I had the same disappointment initially for Dembele, but thinking more clearly he is a valuable player in these mediocre times at the club and not using him while being on one of his longest injury-free periods at the club seems immature. I understand also board's reaction as they feel betrayed by Dembele after all the faith invested in him now and previously by the Barto administration.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Xavi's trash-talking of Atletico is quite pathetic, he hasn't shown anything that makes Barca fans excited so far.

Stop talking so much, do it on the pitch.

serghei

Xavi's trash-talking of Atletico is quite pathetic, he hasn't shown anything that makes Barca fans excited so far.

Stop talking so much, do it on the pitch.

Xavi always had this arrogance about him. As you say, I'm fine with criticizing this and that, but you'd better deliver on the field if you do.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Xavi always had this arrogance about him. As you say, I'm fine with criticizing this and that, but you'd better deliver on the field if you do.

And if anything, he can say those things after you beat them, regardless how silly it is, it is just so cocky and incomprehensible that he did it before the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans