Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What did he say?

"(How Atletico plays) wouldn't be Barcelona's style. I don't think the Bar?a fans understood Atletico's way of playing, it doesn't fit. It does not mean that it does not have merits or is competitive. It is a reality. We wouldn't understand locking ourselves in a low block in the area. It's lawful and no one tells you you can't win like that. He has won two leagues and has been close to the Champions League."

Completely not necessary, especially before the game.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What are you on about? Checked his pre-game interview and he was more than respectful.

Respectful to Simone as a manager yes, but he didn't have to talk about how Barca fans would not appreciate it if we had played like how Atletico plays.

If he is Pep or some renowned manager who has earned all the bragging rights, perhaps, but Xavi?

Horatio

You're welcome
What are you on about? Checked his pre-game interview and he was more than respectful.

I have noticed that to be a big issue here on these forums. People go by quotes on twitter. The tone usually of those quotations taken out of context always sounds worse.
Then if you go back and watch the actual interview you find it does not sound as bad as it seems. Unfortunately most here don't understand Spanish.

Richard.H

"(How Atletico plays) wouldn't be Barcelona's style. I don't think the Bar?a fans understood Atletico's way of playing, it doesn't fit. It does not mean that it does not have merits or is competitive. It is a reality. We wouldn't understand locking ourselves in a low block in the area. It's lawful and no one tells you you can't win like that. He has won two leagues and has been close to the Champions League."

"Yes we lost, but we had more possession and dominated the game"

JamDav1982

It is rich coming from Xavi when Barca have clearly had periods of games sit deeper trying to see out win.

They did it v Osasuna and drew 1-1 in end for example.

Either he instructed that or the old amigos pulled team back to protect themselves in open spaces.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It is rich coming from Xavi when Barca have clearly had periods of games sit deeper trying to see out win.

They did it v Osasuna and drew 1-1 in end for example.

Either he instructed that or the old amigos pulled team back to protect themselves in open spaces.

Its the amigo DNA.....which got bigger because of the GOAT amigo (Xavi) :pique:

Windhook

Xavi's trash-talking of Atletico is quite pathetic, he hasn't shown anything that makes Barca fans excited so far.

What did he say beside what I read?

He praised Cholo's style of management, it's just not appliable at Barca as philosophy in his vision. Most of us agree that Atletico matches are rarely entertaining, unless it involves Real Madrid or CL knockout stages against giant clubs. I see no drama in Xavi words there.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What did he say beside what I read?

He praised Cholo's style of management, it's just not appliable at Barca as philosophy in his vision. Most of us agree that Atletico matches are rarely entertaining, unless it involves Real Madrid or CL knockout stages against giant clubs. I see no drama in Xavi words there.

I don't know if he was asked to comment on Simeone's Atletico's style of play during the press conference, or he just improvised and said it on his own without being asked. I saw it as a dig at Atletico Madrid, to me a manager at any club should avoid making this type of comments, especially before the game is played. He could have handled it better and more diplomatically.

And God forbid if we lose tomorrow, it would be a slap in the face for Xavi.

Windhook

I don't know if he was asked to comment on Simeone's Atletico's style of play during the press conference, or he just improvised and said it on his own without being asked. I saw it as a dig at Atletico Madrid, to me a manager at any club should avoid making this type of comments, especially before the game is played. He could have handled it better and more diplomatically.

And God forbid if we lose tomorrow, it would be a slap in the face for Xavi.

I believe the whole thing got lost in translation. Xavi is not the personality to disrespect another club, Mourinho tried those tactics and got into Pep's head, but that was a different era.

Messigician

Gini Wijnaldum has not been included in PSG?s Champions League squad list for the knock-out stages. 👀

Whoever wanted him here shame on you

JohnN

Gini Wijnaldum has not been included in PSG?s Champions League squad list for the knock-out stages. 👀

Whoever wanted him here shame on you

Oh no. But [MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION] assured us that whoever doesn't see his virtues doesn't get football.
Anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans